still reeling

Great Neck, NY

#286 Jun 30, 2010
Perplexed wrote:
It's interesting how people who write anything that isn't negative about miss lisa are ignoramuses and asses and people who don't aren't called any names at all. Differences of opinions are allowed in a free society. Name calling is just immature.
You're right, name calling is immature. Were you there at the rehearsal or recital? The behaviors of everyone involved: parents, Miss Lisa and her family running the show was terrible. Most people at the recital gave Miss Lisa a fair amount of time to do her "tribute", but when it dragged on to a 6th song people got very upset. The show started 45 minutes late, didn't follow the order in the program ( which looked and felt like it had just come from their home printer ) and then the finale was cancelled for no apprarent reason. People are angry and feel cheated by someone who claimed to be G-d fearing and professional---neither of which appeared on that stage both nights or in the way the school was closed----no warning or phone calls, just a sign put up in the window.
be nice

Bellmore, NY

#288 Jul 1, 2010
It's never too late to do the right thing.
still reeling

Great Neck, NY

#289 Jul 2, 2010
be nice wrote:
It's never too late to do the right thing.
Can someone please tell that to Miss Lisa?!?!?!?!?!
mom of dancers

Wantagh, NY

#290 Jul 3, 2010
Please leave the casamassino girls out of this debate. The girls are innocent bystanders of this whole sad state of affairs. They are beautiful, kind children who love their mother dearly! They should not be held responsible for anything that happened at the studio. I know most of the moms out there agree with me.
Company Mom

Hicksville, NY

#291 Jul 3, 2010
mom of dancers wrote:
Please leave the casamassino girls out of this debate. The girls are innocent bystanders of this whole sad state of affairs. They are beautiful, kind children who love their mother dearly! They should not be held responsible for anything that happened at the studio. I know most of the moms out there agree with me.
I agree 100%
FED UP

Bronx, NY

#293 Jul 8, 2010
MS LISA IS A DRUG ADDICTED MONSTER AND HER HUSBAND IS A WEAK POOR EXCUSE OF A MAN.....Her kids will definitely grow up to be total messes being raised by these 2 idiots...child services should step in....
Bellmore too

New York, NY

#294 Jul 9, 2010
ENOUGH ALREADY. YOU PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE! AND COME ACROSS AS PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON KICKING SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE DOWN. THE SHOW WAS OVER A MONTH AGO AND THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED. LET IT FINALLY DIE AND LEAVE THESE POOR KIDS OUT OF IT. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR VENOM.
I ONLY HOPE THAT SOMEDAY EACH OF YOU WILL LEARN WHAT HAVING COMPASSION FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN/WOMAN IS!
Maria G

Brooklyn, NY

#295 Jul 10, 2010
I work in Wantagh and pass Dare to Dream studio practically everyday. I came online to see what exactly happened with it. Reading this blog has made me feel so sad for the students who have come to call dare to dream their home away from home. I've heard through the grapevine that the owner of Platinum Performance (in Huntington) is planning on taking over Dare to Dream. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If so, I think this would be GREAT for the studio and all of the students! My niece went to Platinum and was in the Company for a few years. Being a former competitive dancer myself, I danced my whole childhood (grew up in Bellmore), I've attended several studios, and I've taught at a few. Platinum is, by far, the best I've seen. The choreography and technique are outstanding, the children support each other and are truly happy when someone else does well even if they don't, and the kids love the teachers and all the staff. It is a great atmosphere overall. They sweep at competitions, but more importantly they also receive sportsmanship awards. I know how much a dance studio becomes a huge part of a child's life. Seeing my niece dance at platinum only made me wish I was young enough to dance there too. Haha. I hope this rumor is true because if platinum takes over dare to dream I HIGHLY reccommend keeping your children at the studio. They will have a great experience and truly grow as dancers and as people.
LISA Y

Brooklyn, NY

#296 Jul 13, 2010
Dare to Dream was a great school and my daughter learned and developed into a great dancers from Ms. Lisa C in just two short years. She loved going and learned plenty of steps.
Parent of dancer

New York, NY

#297 Jul 13, 2010
Bellmore too wrote:
ENOUGH ALREADY. YOU PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE! AND COME ACROSS AS PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON KICKING SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE DOWN. THE SHOW WAS OVER A MONTH AGO AND THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED. LET IT FINALLY DIE AND LEAVE THESE POOR KIDS OUT OF IT. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR VENOM.
I ONLY HOPE THAT SOMEDAY EACH OF YOU WILL LEARN WHAT HAVING COMPASSION FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN/WOMAN IS!
Yes the show was over a month ago and still no apology from that piece of crap. I said before that most people would accept a heartfelt and sincere apology. Since no apology was ever made, she obviously feels like she did nothing wrong. THAT IS THE REAL TRAGEDY!
still reeling

San Francisco, CA

#298 Jul 17, 2010
Looks like D2D is now totally gone. The blinds are down and so are the signs. A new sign is telling us that there will soon be another dance studio.
Rest in peace Dare to Dream.
sad company mom

San Francisco, CA

#299 Jul 17, 2010
Maria G wrote:
I've heard through the grapevine that the owner of Platinum Performance (in Huntington) is planning on taking over Dare to Dream. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If so, I think this would be GREAT for the studio and all of the students! My niece went to Platinum and was in the Company for a few years. Being a former competitive dancer myself, I danced my whole childhood (grew up in Bellmore), I've attended several studios, and I've taught at a few. Platinum is, by far, the best I've seen. The choreography and technique are outstanding, the children support each other and are truly happy when someone else does well even if they don't, and the kids love the teachers and all the staff. It is a great atmosphere overall. They sweep at competitions, but more importantly they also receive sportsmanship awards. I know how much a dance studio becomes a huge part of a child's life. Seeing my niece dance at platinum only made me wish I was young enough to dance there too. Haha. I hope this rumor is true because if platinum takes over dare to dream I HIGHLY reccommend keeping your children at the studio. They will have a great experience and truly grow as dancers and as people.
Don't know if it's the same one, but there is a sign posted in the window saying that it is coming soon. My daughter has already become a part of another studio's company. Many of the other students, recreational & company, have already joined other dance schools/studios. Not sure if any of the Dare to Dream students would be coming to dance there right now----too fresh of a bad memory.
FormerDreamer

Bellmore, NY

#300 Jul 17, 2010
sad company mom wrote:
<quoted text> Don't know if it's the same one, but there is a sign posted in the window saying that it is coming soon. My daughter has already become a part of another studio's company. Many of the other students, recreational & company, have already joined other dance schools/studios. Not sure if any of the Dare to Dream students would be coming to dance there right now----too fresh of a bad memory.
My daughters are dancing at a new studio for the summer & I just asked my older daughter if she wanted to try out this new studio when they open & she said that she wants to stay where she is, she has no interest in going there.

I felt badly for Miss Lisa at first; now I am just disgusted by the way she tucked her tail between her legs & disappeared into the night. Very unprofessional & cowardly. I was hoping that she would be the better person that I thought she was & that she would apologize to the girls that she claimed to love so much. Seeing that we are almost into August already & almost 2 months past the recital I am pretty sure we will never hear from her again. Good riddance to her.
Bianca

Hicksville, NY

#301 Jul 17, 2010
The new studio that is opening up has absolutely no affiliation with Dare to Dream.
dancer in Bellmore

Brooklyn, NY

#302 Jul 18, 2010
Maria G wrote:
I work in Wantagh and pass Dare to Dream studio practically everyday. I came online to see what exactly happened with it. Reading this blog has made me feel so sad for the students who have come to call dare to dream their home away from home. I've heard through the grapevine that the owner of Platinum Performance (in Huntington) is planning on taking over Dare to Dream. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If so, I think this would be GREAT for the studio and all of the students! My niece went to Platinum and was in the Company for a few years. Being a former competitive dancer myself, I danced my whole childhood (grew up in Bellmore), I've attended several studios, and I've taught at a few. Platinum is, by far, the best I've seen. The choreography and technique are outstanding, the children support each other and are truly happy when someone else does well even if they don't, and the kids love the teachers and all the staff. It is a great atmosphere overall. They sweep at competitions, but more importantly they also receive sportsmanship awards. I know how much a dance studio becomes a huge part of a child's life. Seeing my niece dance at platinum only made me wish I was young enough to dance there too. Haha. I hope this rumor is true because if platinum takes over dare to dream I HIGHLY reccommend keeping your children at the studio. They will have a great experience and truly grow as dancers and as people.
It's not a rumor. Please take a look at the location and you'll find a new sign in the window. I agree with your comments about the exceptional technique and choreography that this Platinum Performance offers. The reputation of Platinum Performance speaks for itself. The daughter of a great friend of mine has been dancing at their Huntington location for the past 3 years and travels from Wantagh several days a week to attend classes there. That's dedication and says a lot about the studios reputation that my friends daughter would rather travel some distance to go to a place that she loves and learns rather than stay locally and be unhappy. Most families want the convenience of a local studio rather than quality.Now they can have both, it's a no brainer. I would hope that the previous students of Dare to Dream that think they have made up there mind about going on to another studio would reconsidered now that they clearly have the convenience of an highly exceptional dance studio and right under their noses. Dancers need and want to be in a loving and nurturing environment, it's all about the kids, right!!!
Platinum Mom

Wantagh, NY

#303 Jul 18, 2010
Maria G wrote:
I work in Wantagh and pass Dare to Dream studio practically everyday. I came online to see what exactly happened with it. Reading this blog has made me feel so sad for the students who have come to call dare to dream their home away from home. I've heard through the grapevine that the owner of Platinum Performance (in Huntington) is planning on taking over Dare to Dream. Has anyone else heard this? Is it true? If so, I think this would be GREAT for the studio and all of the students! My niece went to Platinum and was in the Company for a few years. Being a former competitive dancer myself, I danced my whole childhood (grew up in Bellmore), I've attended several studios, and I've taught at a few. Platinum is, by far, the best I've seen. The choreography and technique are outstanding, the children support each other and are truly happy when someone else does well even if they don't, and the kids love the teachers and all the staff. It is a great atmosphere overall. They sweep at competitions, but more importantly they also receive sportsmanship awards. I know how much a dance studio becomes a huge part of a child's life. Seeing my niece dance at platinum only made me wish I was young enough to dance there too. Haha. I hope this rumor is true because if platinum takes over dare to dream I HIGHLY reccommend keeping your children at the studio. They will have a great experience and truly grow as dancers and as people.
I agree with Maria also. I live in the neighborhood, and my own daughter, who is a senior in high school, has been a company dancer 13 years. She danced for many years in different studios in the area, but after numerous negative experiences, she didn’t want to go to dance anymore. It was really sad because she loved dancing and she is good at it. So, two summers ago she decided to check out Platinum in Huntington. After taking just a few summer classes, she felt more comfortable at Platinum than she had at any of the other dance studios she had gone to. From the very beginning, she was welcomed with open arms by the girls and the dance teachers. In the past two years there, she has improved tremendously in her dance style and technique, won many high place awards and trophies for both solos and group dances, and made many close friends with her classmates. The best part for me was watching my daughter enjoy dance again.

Lora Ayala, the director of Platinum, and her teachers create an atmosphere for the girls to learn proper dance technique, but also to have fun. Her recreational classes are great, and her company classes are award winning. They start classes on time, the costumes are age appropriate and beautiful, and the choreography is current and creative.

At three local dance competitions this year, Platinum swept many categories and surpassed many of the studios in this neighborhood, including some of the dance schools that you have been writing about in this blog, and are considering sending your children. But the best award this year for Platinum by far was the Sportsmanship Award at “Turn it Up Dance Challenge”, where the students were recognized for being particularly courteous and respectful of everyone at the competition.

I would highly recommend you check out a class or two, and meet Lora and her teachers at Platinum when they open at this new location. Your children will have fun, learn to dance more technically, and feel better about themselves. I see it in my own daughter, and all the girls my daughter has been dancing with.

I hope you come in and check it out!
dancer in Bellmore

Brooklyn, NY

#304 Jul 18, 2010
Well said Platinum mom. Dance should be a positive experience, whether it is done competitively or recreationally.
Theatre lover

Center Moriches, NY

#305 Jul 25, 2010
i suggest Triple Threat Studios opening on North Jerusalem Road in East Meadow. All dance for all levels taught by broadway and professional instructers. studio will also offer voice and acting group and private lessons. zumba will also be offered at the studio. Studio opening gala will be on july 31st from 2 to 6. there you can registrate and there will be food and a special guest appereance and performance from Graham Phillips star of 13 the musical on broadway, the good wife, and evan almighty. check it out!!:)
Bellmore dancer

AOL

#306 Jul 25, 2010
I have called Dance Arts in Merrick. Was very impressed! Will be bringing my girls there in the fall!
still reeling

Hicksville, NY

#307 Jul 27, 2010
Theatre lover wrote:
i suggest Triple Threat Studios opening on North Jerusalem Road in East Meadow. All dance for all levels taught by broadway and professional instructers. studio will also offer voice and acting group and private lessons. zumba will also be offered at the studio. Studio opening gala will be on july 31st from 2 to 6. there you can registrate and there will be food and a special guest appereance and performance from Graham Phillips star of 13 the musical on broadway, the good wife, and evan almighty. check it out!!:)
Why would anyone consider this off topic and disagree? So many people have been recommending other dance studios to send our girls to. Just look at the posts just a few above theatre lover's post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wantagh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful girl 1 hr Jackhabbs 1
Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid ... (Sep '10) 17 hr yuppie 61
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sun Bruser 8,018
Review: Tony Saccone - Allstate Personal Financ... Sun VeggieBurger 2
News Fewer immigrants join yearly call for reform on... May 1 wild child 1
Review: Kenneth Severinsen May 1 DieKenny 1
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Apr 29 Bruser 2,434
More from around the web

Wantagh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]