Carlisle elected Walton mayor

Carlisle elected Walton mayor

There are 15 comments on the Community Press & Recorder story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Carlisle elected Walton mayor. In it, Community Press & Recorder reports that:

Walton will see its first change in leadership in 17 years. Wayne Carlisle had 425 votes compared to Phillip Trzop's 379 votes and Jeff Ryan's 36 votes in unofficial results with all 61 of Boone County's precincts reporting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Community Press & Recorder.

OMG

Florence, KY

#1 Nov 3, 2010
I am in shock. This will not be a good change for the small town of Walton. What were voters thinking
Previous Walton resident

Piqua, OH

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Did you live in Walton,KY? We just moved from there and that is the best thing that could happen to that town needs. I have meet the previous mayor and went to several council meetings and wasn't impressed with him at all. He was rude and smelled of alcohol. That is not someone I would want for a mayor. It is about time that someone of Wayne Carlisle's background has a chance to make changes that are needed in Walton.
OMG wrote:
I am in shock. This will not be a good change for the small town of Walton. What were voters thinking
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Trzop was a drunk, and he was Mayor for 17 years?!?
shorty

Louisville, KY

#4 Nov 4, 2010
Thanks for not printing my comment
Resident of Walton

New York, NY

#5 Nov 4, 2010
I am literally shocked at the comments on this board. Not only is Mayor Trzop not a drunk, but that is slanderous and obscene. Wayne Carlisle talks a good game, but only the future will tell what kind of change he will bring to Walton, other than being in bed with the school (watch your high taxes rise, fellow citizens). All I know is this: Trzop has been Mayor for the past 16 years and not only have property taxes not gone up, they've gone down. Walton has acquired more industry and growth during his tenure than during any other time. During Carlisle's term on City Council, he was less than an active participant and when he ran for Mayor, he spread vicious and hurtful lies about the Mayor, current Council members and City employees around town. That is the truth. What makes me sick is how quick people are to grab onto lies or exaggerations and believe them as truth.
Also a Walton Resident

New Albany, IN

#6 Nov 4, 2010
I too am shocked not only by the results of the election but by the comments on this board. To insinuate he was a drunk is a pretty bold statement and a lie. I lived in Walton most of my life and have attended many meetings and have known this not to be true. I have to agree that this change will not be good for Walton. He has already wrongfully accused city employees of removing his signs (check the police records) and goes around telling people this. I'm not sure what "good background" is. If you are wanting to know about the good moral background of the Mayor elect why don't you look into the number of marriages he has had, his questionable employment history with the police department and his bankruptcy record. I agree with the other resident of Walton. Walton will soon loose it's small town charm and taxes will be raised. I guess the good ole boys system is back in full force.
Surprising Considering

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 5, 2010
I'm not sure how great this new Mayor will be considering he has never (I checked into this) attended one Old Fashion Day Meeting, Gaines House Tavern Meeting or Christmas on Main Meeting. He claims to not know the vendors of Walton, but is given a packet every month (I asked to see this as well)listing not only the vendors but what they are for and the money coming in and out. He says he is looking forward to a positive change but he certainly seemed to be a disinterested council member. If that was his attitude on council for 5 years, what will his attitude as Mayor be? Scary ..
larry

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 6, 2010
I heard that charlise is going to rase waltons taxes i hope so so the people wish they had phil back.
Freedom X

Louisville, KY

#9 Nov 6, 2010
Who does he hang out with? Does anybody go to the city meetings? If you don't, you don't care about your town. If you do, make you bring a video camera, because under the Sunshine law, it's all allowed to be recorded... those people are your servants, use them to your advantage, that's they are there for.
Also a Walton Resident

New Albany, IN

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Previous Walton resident wrote:
Did you live in Walton,KY? We just moved from there and that is the best thing that could happen to that town needs. I have meet the previous mayor and went to several council meetings and wasn't impressed with him at all. He was rude and smelled of alcohol. That is not someone I would want for a mayor. It is about time that someone of Wayne Carlisle's background has a chance to make changes that are needed in Walton.
<quoted text>
It's easy to hide behind the internet. If you are going to make such accusations you should be adult enough to use your name. My name is Pamela Trzop and I am proud to be Phil Trzop's daughter.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#11 Nov 8, 2010
So is it true what they about his drunkardness, or is that made up?
From the daughter

Washington, DC

#12 Nov 12, 2010
Johnny, it is absolutely not true.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#13 Nov 12, 2010
Okay. I believe you. For being Mayor so long, no doubt he's got many more accomplishments to point to for his legacy than any silly rumors on the Net. Great accomplishments such as... what? Just curious to know.
Used to live in Walton

Williamstown, KY

#14 Nov 28, 2010
I'm amazed Phil did not get re-elected! He knows and loves this town like no other. He's worked so hard to keep taxes down, to bring in the great businesses and more. The Walton Park was like his baby. I feel sorry for Walton now. I really do.
Johnny Masters

Louisville, KY

#15 Nov 28, 2010
A Park is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for local craft shows Sun Crafty mom 1
Flying J truck stop (Sep '14) Apr 22 A Hillary Deport... 2
What is girls name at Chinese castle in crittenden Apr 21 Lady love 1
jarrod or jarra Mitchell (Oct '15) Apr 19 curious 3
radial/ebay/gsi Apr 18 Exemployee 14
White Tower Music Thread Apr 15 Musikologist 1
Brothers 8 mc (May '16) Apr 14 Dnh2016 3

Walton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance