First Prev
of 5
Next Last
D_Beach

Cedartown, GA

#81 May 12, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Well anyone that thinks that Billy should have been sentenced to life for armed robbery have definately without a doubt bumped your heads somewhere. If you were in his shoes I'm just curious as to how you would have reacted. The Sheriff lied when he stated that he didn't even know Thurman. Well do you make it a habbit going to stranger's funerals and acting as a paul bearer?? I don't think so.. So what makes you think that he wouldn't lie about knowing about the abuse?? I was abused for 6 yrs by my first husband and I tried and tried to make reports to no avail.. it's all in who you know.. I truly hope with all my heart that Billy is out of jail and living a happy FREE life FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but he was sentenced to life because that is per the penal code for Georgia. I was busy at the time when something like that was stated but I then heard one of the jurors say they would never have found him guilty of it had they known the mandatory sentence for armed robbery. Seems ironic to me that someone can murder someone and get 25 to life but automatically get life for armed robbery. I honestly don't think he committed armed robbery. He just took the money as an after-thought. I'm glad he is out though and can move forward in his life with his wife and family.
Wrong

Decatur, GA

#82 May 13, 2013
D_Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong, but he was sentenced to life because that is per the penal code for Georgia. I was busy at the time when something like that was stated but I then heard one of the jurors say they would never have found him guilty of it had they known the mandatory sentence for armed robbery. Seems ironic to me that someone can murder someone and get 25 to life but automatically get life for armed robbery. I honestly don't think he committed armed robbery. He just took the money as an after-thought. I'm glad he is out though and can move forward in his life with his wife and family.
small world! I used to live in Jesup and now in Rockmart...
Fred

Corona, CA

#83 Jul 1, 2013
Billy was paroled. I hope the redneck grandfather is burning as he took the best years from the Kid.
Benny

New Tazewell, TN

#84 Jul 1, 2013
Bewildered wrote:
I'm puzzled as to why anyone would say that Billy and all of the others involved were done wrong. They murdered a man in his sleep. I knew Thurman Martin and couldn't stand him, but he still was a human being. He was a mean old rascal, and I have no doubt as to him being abusive, but if it was to the extent that was claimed there would have been some physical evidence, such as broke bones. Even if he did the things he was accused of, you can't murder someone for it. Why didn't they kill him in self-defense while he was committing these acts? When vigilante justice prevails innocent people die. Not that Thurman was innocent, but he deserved better than that. The didn't get what they deserved. They should have been put to death.


I have to disagree with you on this...I have followed this case for years, as it touched my heart i.e. I too had been abused physically and mentally growing up. I never killed my abusers,but in my heart they died a million deaths. I was scared to death,and my self-esteem was so bad and beat down,that I felt hopeless and helpless, and I'm sure Billy and his sister and others who suffered at old Thurman's hands did. I have news for you, the justice system is not often fair. The poor are the ones usually executed...guilty people never charged,innocent people charged,the guilty never serving a day. I think of two of the most famous and their lawyers making names for themselves: Casey Anthony...O.J.Simpson, Mary Winkler of Tennessee who killed her preacher husband, and a whole slew of others who we do not hear about...because of money, prestige or pull, etc. The corruption is always there...I think Billy and his family were victimized even further by a justice system gone awry again. Poor kids, I bet they wondered why they had to be born just to suffer so much over and over... by both that Monster Thurman and system that also failed them. I'm so glad Billy has been paroled!!! I hope he still feels there is still hope in such an unfair world. No wonder Lady Justice is often blind...or wearing a blindfold...I sometimes thinks she peeks though.
Size of this preview: 398 600 pixels. Other resolution: 159 240 pixels.
Full resolution &#8206;(448 675 pixels, file size: 123 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Luvly luv

Covington, GA

#85 Jul 2, 2013
Friend of billy wrote:
I heard that his parole is suppose to be in april... He is a family friend.
I would luv to meet him:)
BarbNJ

Woodbury, NJ

#86 Jul 3, 2013
To Billy and family:
I have seen your story several times on ID and hoped that you would be paroled and be able to have a life outside of the prison. I thought about you today and was very happy when I found out that you had been paroled in November. Always remember how precious freedom is and that your release has given you a second chance at the life you deserve. "Keep your nose clean" and before you do anything right or wrong, do like a good carpenter does and "measure twice and cut once". This practice will help you from making mistakes in all that you endeavor. Good luck and God Bless you and your family. 70 year old grandmother of 3.
AZHSTeacher

Gilbert, AZ

#87 Oct 12, 2013
Fred wrote:
Billy was paroled. I hope the redneck grandfather is burning as he took the best years from the Kid.
As a teacher who often hears sad stories of horrific abuse I just wanted to say one thing...I disagree with one thing from the comment above...I do not think the grandfather "took the best years" from Billy. I feel it is the total opposite. Billy is in his mid-thirties and has the best years of his life to look forward to. Life will not be easy because it never is, but it will be worth it!
Good luck Billy and God Bless! Your story touched my heart like many of us and I am praying for you and your family.
Kathleen

Seattle, WA

#88 Oct 13, 2013
Friend of billy wrote:
I heard that his parole is suppose to be in april... He is a family friend.
Do you know if Billy has been paroled?
JohnDoe

West Des Moines, IA

#89 Oct 14, 2013
Kathleen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if Billy has been paroled?
They say he was paroled
Kevin

Brooklyn, NY

#90 Feb 10, 2014
Billy,never met you ,probably not get the honor, but wish You the absolute best and happiness lol buddy
joey88

Vilonia, AR

#91 Saturday Oct 18
Bewildered wrote:
I'm puzzled as to why anyone would say that Billy and all of the others involved were done wrong. They murdered a man in his sleep. I knew Thurman Martin and couldn't stand him, but he still was a human being. He was a mean old rascal, and I have no doubt as to him being abusive, but if it was to the extent that was claimed there would have been some physical evidence, such as broke bones. Even if he did the things he was accused of, you can't murder someone for it. Why didn't they kill him in self-defense while he was committing these acts? When vigilante justice prevails innocent people die. Not that Thurman was innocent, but he deserved better than that. The didn't get what they deserved. They should have been put to death.
people think he was done wrong cause they reported the abuse to the authorities and the authorities did nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walthourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Sep 30 19thongman 244
Review: Clyde's Market #64 Sep 28 Nita 1
Scientific Evidence Proves Ebola Is Airborne Sep 26 Up close and pers... 5
Golden Corral (Aug '12) Sep '14 crs23 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hinesville, GA (Aug '10) Sep '14 crs23 66
Debate: Civil Unions - Hinesville, GA Sep '14 crs23 2
walthourville waterbill (Dec '12) Dec '12 Stephanie 1
Walthourville Dating
Find my Match

Walthourville Jobs

Walthourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Walthourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Walthourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]