Health industry looks at medical credit score

Full story: Orlando Sentinel
Mortgage lenders aren't the only ones showing more interest in your credit score these days -- the health industry is creating its own score to judge your ability to pay. Full Story
Louis

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2008
This is another way for credit companies to make more money. Nothing is created in this country if it does not have this purpose in mind.A poor score will probably encourage credit companies to raise the interest rate on the monies owned or tag on more fees. The ultimate purpose is to have a person pay their medical bill for the rest of their lives. In other words, not allow a person to pay off a bill. This will probably affect poor people as well as the middle class!! This is what is happening with regular creit scores, one pays more for things if the credit score is low. Also, this will probably be another way that employers can use to prevent someone from getting a job with them if their score is low since this may indicate higher cost fpor them as far as medical benefits. The great American scam.
Jessica

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 6, 2008
This is the worst thing I have ever heard. We already have a woman who died after suffering a heart attack for 45 minutes in the waiting room, and children dying because insurance won't approve transplants!
NOW, we won't have people being treated in emergency rooms because their SCORE isn't high enough! God, I hope we start acting like compassionate humans at some point! I wasn't going to vote for Hillary, but I am going to start thinking about it now!
slipnot

Orlando, FL

#3 Jan 6, 2008
We have got to get democrats in office to prevent this. It's bad enough most Americans will lose all their assets back to the government for long term care in old age, but this seeks to get you before you get old. If you can't pay you gonna die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Records Jan 23 healh 1
Tony Nominee Anika Larsen Releases Sing You to ... Jan 17 stevenmiles 1
Protesters prepare - week of resistance' Jan 17 reality is a crutch 1
exterior painting (Jul '13) Jan 15 Dick Grayson 2
Embrace the Quickie: The Sex Secret to a Long a... Jan 10 prince rajput 1
Judge Peter Digangi named " A**-hole of the mon... (Sep '11) Jan 8 scotty 108
Review: Atlantic Clinical Trials LLC Jan 8 a ripped victim 1

Winter Storm Warning for Middlesex County was issued at January 26 at 1:03PM EST

Waltham News Video

Waltham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waltham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:49AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'