Stay-at-home mom's salary would near ...

Stay-at-home mom's salary would near $117,000

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from May 10, 2008, titled Stay-at-home mom's salary would near $117,000. In it, Newsday reports that:

If a stay-at-home mom could be compensated in dollars rather than personal satisfaction and unconditional love, she'd rake in a nifty sum of nearly $117,000 a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Russell

Mahopac, NY

#1 May 11, 2008
Well, this is sort of misleading. Here is why. First, is your working at home. If you want to kisck back and relax you can, especially when the kids are in school.
Sheryll

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 May 12, 2008
that seems really LOW to me. I mean comeon....stay at home moms are usually the CEO of the family as well. FIGURE THAT ONE IN!!!
Ed Norton

Huntington, NY

#3 May 12, 2008
What they didn't mention is the payment they DO receive for the work they perform......in the form of tubesteak from their husbands. This alone is worth more than the salary of $117,000.
Woodrow

Norwalk, CT

#4 May 12, 2008
I'm a stay-at-home Dad. I drink beer and play the horses all day. The youngest child is 31 and he drinks beer too when he isn't working three jobs. Retirement is just fine.
Men do More

Huntington, NY

#5 May 12, 2008
If a stay at home mom makes $117,000, just imagine how much a stay at home dad would make? My guess is around $220,000.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Professor has taken 'selfie' every day for last... Sun EverettCitizen 3
News If You Have a "Big Stick" Speaking Softly Is Na... Feb 23 EverettCitizen 2
News Obamacare is more popular than ever, so now Dem... Feb 18 kuda 4
GNUS flash bulletin Feb 14 former democrat 1
News As Temperatures Drop, Homeless Shelters Face Ch... Feb 14 former democrat 1
News Climate change should not be 'partisan issue,' ... Feb 12 tina anne 175
News 'Black Lives Matter' Conference Talks Race, Mus... Feb 12 former democrat 4

Waltham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waltham Mortgages