Tax, marijuana, dogs at issue

Tax, marijuana, dogs at issue

There are 22 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 4, 2008, titled Tax, marijuana, dogs at issue. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

With rallies and phone calls, e-mails and ads, supporters and opponents of three ballot questions made their final pitch to voters on the eve of Election Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rhea

Cummington, MA

#1 Nov 4, 2008
"We're not urging anyone to use marijuana..." No. You're causing it. VOTE NO ON 2.
Vote Yes on 2

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Nov 4, 2008
People are going to use marijuana regardless of its legality. It has been shown time and again to be far less harmful than alcohol, tobacco, or even caffeine. Twelve states have currently decriminalized marijuana possession (including Maine and New York) and NONE have seen an increase in usage either among adults or teenagers.

If you wish to oppose decriminalization try using some scientifically backed studies on the health and societal effects of it rather than using blatant scare tactics.
Joe Sixpack

Schenectady, NY

#3 Nov 4, 2008
Rhea wrote:
"We're not urging anyone to use marijuana..." No. You're causing it. VOTE NO ON 2.
So making small amounts of pot not illegal will actually causes people to use it? Wow, that's a real reach. We should go back to prohibition as the legalization of alcohol cause tons of alcoholisms and destruction in society. Should probably ban free speeach and Bush's approval ratings might go up...
Vote Yes on 2

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Nov 4, 2008
Oh, and before you go talking about how dangerous the carcinogens are, there are many many more ways to ingest marijuana than by smoking it. For example it can be cooked or you can use a vaporizer. Utilizing a vaporizer there is no smoke whatsoever and you are merely inhaling water vapor and thc.
Ashfult Blousphmere

Adams, MA

#5 Nov 4, 2008
Rhea wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Dawg33

Berne, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2008
Vote No,No,No
Yes on 2

Quincy, MA

#7 Nov 4, 2008
Vote YES on 2.. it just makes sense
MikeH

Warwick, MA

#8 Nov 4, 2008
Rhea wrote:
I don't use drugs. I really didn't think about this issue much. But, Rhea, after reading each and every one of your posts, I made up my mind.

I voted "yes" on 2. Your arguments pushed me that way. I always go against rhetoric and paranoia.
casual lady

Glens Falls, NY

#9 Nov 5, 2008
Matbe I'llbecome a teacha now and smoke a join on the job, before I go in to teech
VOTE NOOOOOO

Northville, NY

#10 Nov 5, 2008
NO
wha

Adams, MA

#11 Nov 5, 2008
66% of the state voted yes on number 2... gotta love that! looks like the prohibitionists are in the minority, can't wait to see MA legalize it, allow cafes like in california, and tax the hell out of it.
Big Daddy

Easthampton, MA

#12 Nov 5, 2008
Where's Cheech?
fuzhou

Glens Falls, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2008
Does this mean that that the dog sniffing for marijuana, will wear one of those bandaids for breathing, on the bridge of there nose, like the athletes do, for more arrests.
former masshole

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 5, 2008
CONGRATS MA on voting YES on number 2.

Now Rhea can find something else to devote all her energy to.
Maybe something a bit more positive?? Maybe then people will listen to what you have to say.
Ashfult Blousphmere

Adams, MA

#15 Nov 5, 2008
Rhea wrote:
Oh, no! Now everyone is going to rush out and start smoking pot!

This is the end of civilization as we know it!
Disturbed

New Rochelle, NY

#17 Nov 5, 2008
I hear ya!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA RHEA!!!!!!!!!
former masshole wrote:
CONGRATS MA on voting YES on number 2.
Now Rhea can find something else to devote all her energy to.
Maybe something a bit more positive?? Maybe then people will listen to what you have to say.
Mink Frog

Springfield, MA

#18 Nov 5, 2008
I am pleased to see that common sense won out on all the ballot initiatives.
Next step should be CORI reform, initiated by the governor and legislature.
Also, I hope the Berkshire County DA's office takes notice- remember, Mr. Capeless, your position is elected, and you need to regain credibility with the voters before 2010. Scare tactics only work for so long, then people start to look at reality.
Joe

Boston, MA

#19 Nov 5, 2008
Vote Yes on 2 wrote:
Oh, and before you go talking about how dangerous the carcinogens are, there are many many more ways to ingest marijuana than by smoking it. For example it can be cooked or you can use a vaporizer. Utilizing a vaporizer there is no smoke whatsoever and you are merely inhaling water vapor and thc.
WOW, now thats not addictive behavior is it? Is that how you ingest your crack too?

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Since: Apr 08

Chicopee, MA

#20 Nov 5, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, now thats not addictive behavior is it? Is that how you ingest your crack too?
That's not addictive behaviour... it's a safer way to smoke... if you want to avoid the pesky carcinogens.

It's especially good for people who are sick and use marijuana medicinally.

But, don't get your knickers in a twist. I'm willing to bet this new law won't affect you in the least.
Joe

Boston, MA

#21 Nov 5, 2008
Shellikins wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not addictive behaviour... it's a safer way to smoke... if you want to avoid the pesky carcinogens.
It's especially good for people who are sick and use marijuana medicinally.
But, don't get your knickers in a twist. I'm willing to bet this new law won't affect you in the least.
I'm a parent, I think all laws affect me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
natalie amora otenti HIV POSITIVE hooker (May '16) Aug 19 Walthamdude 5
Wayne Hogan and AB, cell mates and lovers Aug 16 Wayne and AB in a... 1
News Solange, Migos win at BET Awards; Bruno Mars pe... Jun '17 Trump Plotza 2
News Elderly Malden customer thwarts robbery (Feb '10) Jun '17 Hook and ladder 2
News If You Have a "Big Stick" Speaking Softly Is Na... (Feb '17) Jun '17 American 3
Ready opioids (O XY 30s) (tar) etc Jun '17 James bridge 1
News Tim Cook tells grads: Tech without values is wo... Jun '17 Comin round the m... 2

Waltham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waltham Mortgages