Police: Billerica woman was driving d...

Police: Billerica woman was driving drunk when she struck, crit...

There are 64 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Police: Billerica woman was driving drunk when she struck, crit.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A 43-year-old Billerica woman has been ordered not to drive while she awaits trial on charges that she was drunk when the car she was driving struck a 17-year-old Waltham boy in a crosswalk Sunday morning, leaving the boy fighting for his life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Angry Billerica Mom

Milford, CT

#1 Dec 1, 2009
What is going on???? Nobody is safe on the streets any more...

What the hell was she doing drunk at 6:30am? That's disgusting
Millgirl

Palatine, IL

#2 Dec 1, 2009
Wow...still drunk at 6:30 am. Must of been a real good time!!!
duh

North Grafton, MA

#3 Dec 1, 2009
Forget swine flu...you cant leave your house these days or you'll be mowed over
A MOM

Dover, MA

#4 Dec 1, 2009
I hope he is all right. Why was she driving! When I go out and I know I am driving I do not drink NOT even a glass of wine. People dont understand that even one drink can go right to your head. As a mother of a teen driver I worry everytime my child is driving. You dont know what time of day you could be in an accident with a drunk driver!
Citizen

Salem, NH

#5 Dec 1, 2009
This woman belongs in jail. What's going to prevent her from driving again? Only jailcell bars will.
latinlady

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2009
forget about crossing the street people to many drunks out there.
sunshine

United States

#7 Dec 1, 2009
prayers to John, his family and the nurses taking care of him.
that woman should be in jail!!!!!
Susan

Amesbury, MA

#8 Dec 1, 2009
Drinking and driving. Cell phone use and driving. Eating and driving. Texting and driving. Doesn't anyone simply drive anymore? Just the thought of doing harm to another person should keep us all from ever drinking and driving or multitasking while we drive.
Rich Man Poor Man

Bedford, MA

#9 Dec 1, 2009
Ted Kennedy was drunk when he drove off a bridge, his passenger died, and he walked away because he was RICH. The guy from Cambridge walked, because he is Rich. Why does the poor woman from Billerica belong in jail? we cannot have 2 sets of laws in this country. America is the home for every injustice under the sun. No wonder the Muslims call us the great Satan. because WE ARE!
Erica

Hudson, NH

#10 Dec 1, 2009
Angry Billerica Mom wrote:
What is going on???? Nobody is safe on the streets any more...
What the hell was she doing drunk at 6:30am? That's disgusting
Still drunk from the night before.....
Erica

Hudson, NH

#11 Dec 1, 2009
Rich Man Poor Man wrote:
Ted Kennedy was drunk when he drove off a bridge, his passenger died, and he walked away because he was RICH. The guy from Cambridge walked, because he is Rich. Why does the poor woman from Billerica belong in jail? we cannot have 2 sets of laws in this country. America is the home for every injustice under the sun. No wonder the Muslims call us the great Satan. because WE ARE!
A very sad point that you have.....
turdfergerson

Haverhill, MA

#12 Dec 1, 2009
what a stupid b*tch.
billerica resident

Wakefield, MA

#13 Dec 1, 2009
This pillar of the community is a threat to the safety of the public and should be jailed until her court date or, chained to the bed of the poor kid in a coma so she is remided 24 hours a day what she did to him. I have no mercy toward her; she willfully drove drunk and for that, severe punishment should follow, not a pledge not to drive as her license is suspended.
Billerica Resident

Billerica, MA

#14 Dec 1, 2009
What an awful thing. My prayers are with the families of both the victim and the drunk driver. They all have to live with the consequences of this monumentally stupid decision to drink and drive.
billerica resident

Wakefield, MA

#15 Dec 1, 2009
rich man poor man-you need psychological counseling
latinlady

United States

#16 Dec 1, 2009
how many hit and run has it been so far? they need to lock them all up
Say What

Wallingford, CT

#19 Dec 1, 2009
Bonnie, I hope you get what you deserve. You should be ashamed of yourself, and you better pray to GOD every waking moment of every day that this boy lives.
My prayers go out to you John for a fast recovery.
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#20 Dec 1, 2009
I cannot believe people continue to 'DRINK AND DRIVE'...do they not hear/see all the information on TV, Radio, people talking about this issue ...or can they not 'Read'... perfect example 'The Newspaper' all the coverage of tragedies of people that 'DRINK AND DRUNK'...is it me? You must know somewhere in your head that your going to drink ...and you must say to yourself 'I can't drive'...so you either need a designated driver, better yet stay where you are or you stay home!
Does this make any sense?
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#21 Dec 1, 2009
correction;
I meant 'DRINK AND DRIVE'
Billerica

Braintree, MA

#22 Dec 1, 2009
Somerville with trees

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Peter Digangi named " A**-hole of the mon... (Sep '11) 16 hr Tightrope 118
natalie amora otenti HIV POSITIVE hooker May 14 magicman 1
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May 10 EverettCitizen 327
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May 7 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Criticized for Lack of Transparency, Boston Red... May 4 Joan 1
burning plastic smell in east arlington (May '14) Apr '16 Olivia 4
attempted murder disconnected fire alarms walt... Apr '16 snoopy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waltham Mortgages