Bad Home Builders Nationwide

Posted in the Waltham Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Soaking Wet

Hollywood, FL

#1 Jan 17, 2008
Has anyone ever had bad experience's with any home buildeyr's . If you have please share your story , maybe we can get the word out so these people can be stopped .
Unhappy SFH Customer

Clearwater, FL

#2 Mar 5, 2008
Our Bad Experience with SmithFamilyHomes of Tampa. Our Complaints with SmithFamilyHomes.
We communicated our complaint various times in good faith, and gave SmithFamilyHomes many chances to make us happy customers like the ones it claims on its corporate Web site. That’s when a SmithFamilyHomes Warranty Department executive responded to us with:

“This is the home you purchased, and this is the way we build it.”

Upon being informed we’d be putting up a consumers voice Web site, www.sloppybuilder.blogspot.com , we were notified by the same SmithFamilyHomes Warranty Department executive:

“I'm sure this attempt in futility will only help our sales efforts. Thank you!!”... And then,“Please be informed that you will be receiving a letter from our legal counsel.”
(First, is this the kind of treatment you want from your next home builder? Second, since when is it breaking laws to inform other consumers of bad experiences with companies? We’ll keep you apprised of all communications received from SmithFamilyHomes legal counsel for us sharing this information with you.)

Our Bad Experience with SmithFamilyHomes.
Here’s just a sampling of the bad experiences we encountered with SmithFamilyHomes. This is why we have complaints about Smith Family Homes —
Bad SFH Experience
UNSIGHTLY DOOR OVERHANG. See image above. This bad Smith Family Homes experience most represents our overall problems with SmithFamilyHomes. The door overhangs the doorway into the bathroom by 9 inches. We asked that a senior SmithFamilyHomes representative come out to the house and look at it. The SmithFamilyHomes Warranty Department executive refused our request, and responded to us with:

“(The door) does not violate any building codes.”... and,“Your request to have the doorway moved is denied.”
Maybe it doesn’t violate building codes (that was never the question). The question to SmithFamilyHomes owners is—do bathroom doorways at your SFH homes look like tours? If not, then your customers’ homes shouldn’t, either.

There’s almost too much to write on this particular bad Smith Family Homes experience (UNSIGHTLY DOOR OVERHANG), so if you would like more in-depth information about this SmithFamilyHomes complaint, please email us at SloppyBuilder@verizon.net.

We’re not telling anyone to purchase (or not to purchase) a SmithFamilyHomes home. We’re not saying don’t buy a SmithFamilyHomes home. We’re merely informing others of our complaints with SmithFamilyHomes, and the many problems with SmithFamilyHomes we encountered.

Our SmithFamilyHomes and SmithFamilyHomes Warranty Department experience was a nightmare. We agree with other unhappy SmithFamilyHomes customers. If you purchase a SmithFamilyHomes home, stay on top of the entire construction process. You should hire your own construction supervisor to watch over their work.
If you would like more tips on how best to avoid our bad SmithFamilyHomes experiences, please email us at SloppyBuilder@verizon.net. Or if you’ve had similar bad experiences with SmithFamilyHomes, or would like to speak with us personally about our complaints with Smith Family Homes, please email us at SloppyBuilder@verizon.net.
Monica Fowler

Plano, TX

#3 Aug 15, 2008
Do not purchase a home form Lennar corporation!
they came into out town "pretend" to build a community of homes, built only a few, drop the land and know the other builder is going to build cheap homes right in our development! They will do the same to you, stay away from them! they are a fraud!
Yvonne Harris

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2009
I have a home that I paid cash for the builder to construct. The home is not even five years old and we have a slab that has failed and so the house is sinking on one side. The other problems caused by this are cracked walls, windows, floor tiles and rock fireplace. The bulkhead around the fill dirt has also given up. The builder refuses to do anything to fix the problem so We have filed a complaint with TRCC in Texas. We got an estimate to fix the slab only and it was $56,000.00. We are going to need about 40 piers put in plus I don't know what all the other work is going to cost. This builder is from Groveton Texas and his company goes under the name of Archie's Construction. There are other homes in this area (Lake Livingston) he built and they all have some sort of problem and the builder refuses to fix anything. Yet he is still out there building and taking advantage of people like me. Please beware of this builder.
Yvonne Harris

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2009
The name of the town I am from shown above is not correct. I am from Lake Livingston, Texas not Springdale, Ar.
jack crummett

Conroe, TX

#7 Dec 2, 2009
im from texas not cali.
Joe

United States

#11 Jul 9, 2010
You
Sondra

Hollywood, FL

#12 Aug 12, 2010
I am a victim of a conartist family more to say a fraudulent father daughter team called Harris Builders of FLorida Inc. and license holder Kimberly Justine Shores. They coned me out of 9,989 as per written agreement the first downpayment which is 50%. They never delivered material, just kept the money and never started work. They refuse to respond. They are conartists of the worst kind. If you ever hear the name Harris Builders of FLorida Inc. and Harry Harris or Kimberly Justine SHores..STAY AWAY FROM THEM. They will con you. They forged signatures and documents of Charlotte County Building officials in order to make my handicapped and disabled elderly mother and me believe that the permit was issued for the little room addition while it was NOT. They are the worst kind and walk literally over corpses. When my old mother called the daughter, since the father did not respond, the daughter put her baby on the phone and they were laughing in the background while my mom cried and almost suffered a stroke. Stay away from them, please, they will ruin your life, they are absolute and complete sociopaths with no remorse for their victims. Conartists of the worst kind. They live in Cape Coral, FL. Be warned, do not hire them, I do not want you to go through the same thing we did.
Sondra
Teri Larison

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jan 7, 2011
My parents also have foundation problem, same builder. I'm curious if you were able to obtain any remedy for your home. Also, did Archie's provide you with the Texas warranty that comes with new homes?
Teri Larison

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jan 7, 2011
my comment was for Archie's construction in response to Yvonne Harris's comment June 2009. My parents house is in Lake Livingston area also.
Bill Smith

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jan 27, 2011
Do not buy a home from Red Oak Construction located in Marietta, GA. They perform horrible work and hire illegal sub contractors. On top of that they do not back their one year warranty items. STAY AWAY from Red Oak Homes!!!
chellax

Philippines

#19 Apr 1, 2011
I had the same scenario just recently, they overcharged me on my basement construction and they even said they were enrolled in [url=http://whitecardonline.co m.au/states]White Card Tas[/url], an online construction course, that's why I believed them
Judy Oleson

Greenville, TX

#20 Jul 22, 2011
John Suits Point, Texas building contractor. We had John build our home in 1999 , we are still waiting for him to finish things we found in first weeks and still finding nightmare construction defects to this date. Latest today found out some of the plumbing pipes were never glued at joints, huge water damage & house leveling problems.Every year we find out more problems that are from sub standard material & shoddy construction. Run as hard as you can if he comes to bid ion your custom home!
PULTE Perfidy

Tampa, FL

#21 Sep 22, 2011
Soaking Wet wrote:
Has anyone ever had bad experience's with any home buildeyr's . If you have please share your story , maybe we can get the word out so these people can be stopped .
.......... PULTE / DiVosta / Island Walk are masters of the Bait And Switch .......... PULTE promises a quiet community .......... then maliciously and deceptively installed noisy Pool Pumps and Pool Filters ...... directly under your window ..........
PULTE schemes

Tampa, FL

#22 Sep 22, 2011
PULTE Perfidy wrote:
<quoted text>.......... PULTE / DiVosta / Island Walk are masters of the Bait And Switch .......... PULTE promises a quiet community .......... then maliciously and deceptively installed noisy Pool Pumps and Pool Filters ...... directly under your window ..........
.......... after PULTE rips off vulnerable senior citizens with noisy , defective machinery ....... PULTE uses a sham HOA to cover their corrupt practices .
Yvonne Harris

United States

#23 Sep 22, 2011
Teri Larison wrote:
my comment was for Archie's construction in response to Yvonne Harris's comment June 2009. My parents house is in Lake Livingston area also.
Terri, I am in a law suit with Archie Smith. Please email me and I will be happy to discuss this further. yharrisbhr@yahoo.com.
PULTE Lies and steals

Sarasota, FL

#25 Sep 23, 2011
PULTE Perfidy wrote:
<quoted text>.......... PULTE / DiVosta / Island Walk are masters of the Bait And Switch .......... PULTE promises a quiet community .......... then maliciously and deceptively installed noisy Pool Pumps and Pool Filters ...... directly under your window ..........
.......... The RIPOFF REPORT shows that PULTE / DiVosta routinely evades their duties via a mislabeled ''HOA''........ The proper name for this shady builder is CYA .......... Once PULTE has got your money , PULTE undermines your home value by encouraging neighbors to place noisy pumps , heaters and filters under your window .
ripped off in DFW TX

Frisco, TX

#26 Oct 16, 2011
BEWARE OF construction/ remodel contractor FADIL VELIU & MEREME VELLIU aka TRI STATE CONTRACTORS, LLC

More detailed info at http://badcontractorid.webs.com/

(noncommercial website I put up SOLELY for purpose of warning others...)
Upset Homeowner

Raleigh, NC

#27 Mar 12, 2012
Hi,

We bought a brand new house in Raleigh, NC October 6, 2010. Day four of home ownership, our crawl space flooded. As we lived in the house we had problem after problem. 4 months after buying the home and after being ignored, our builder had their lawyer send us a no-contact letter. They did not honor the warranty, they did not even come for the 1 year walk through. Now I am getting as loud as I can...we now have an estimated $100k in estimated issues. In December 2011 when our story aired on the news, we thought is was around $80k. Then we discovered all the plumbing and septic needs to be repaired or replaced. You can see more on our situation at www.stancilbuilderssuck.com or Facebook: Upset Homeowner.
Upset Homeowner

Raleigh, NC

#28 Mar 12, 2012
Also wanted to share a really good PDF with everyone: http://www.awc.org/pdf/wcd1-300.pdf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medford Magic Shop (Feb '14) Nov 20 Magic Hat 3
Judge Peter Digangi named " A**-hole of the mon... (Sep '11) Nov 19 Justice for all 106
What Car Should You Drive Based on Your College? Nov 7 Dave Johnson 2
A night of reckoning Nov 3 the irony 2
Hundreds overtake Newbury Street in protest of ... Nov 1 reality is a crutch 1
'One in 6 female MIT students sexually assaulted' Oct 28 Ted 1
Gruesome and Perfect (Profanity) Performed Deca... Oct '14 Culture Auditor 2

Winter Storm Watch for Middlesex County was issued at November 24 at 11:05AM EST

Waltham News Video

Waltham Dating
Find my Match

Waltham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waltham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waltham

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:09 am PST

NBC Sports 7:09AM
Tom Brady: We're so far from the Super Bowl
CBS Sports 7:38 AM
Belichick on Dominic Raiola: 'He's never beaten us; tough day for him'
NBC Sports 7:40 AM
Bill Belichick twists the knife on Dominic Raiola for cut block
Bleacher Report 8:18 AM
Insider Buzz: Lions' Failed Test at NE to Have Huge Impact on Suh Contract Talks
Bleacher Report 9:07 AM
Patriots Owner Robert Kraft's Limited-Edition Nikes Sell Out Quickly