Koutoujian takes badge as Middlesex sheriff

Full story: Lowell Sun 12
State Rep. Peter Koutoujian was named the new Middlesex County sheriff by Gov. Deval Patrick yesterday, two months after former Middlesex Sheriff James DiPaola committed suicide in a Maine hotel room. Full Story
huh

Billerica, MA

#1 Jan 15, 2011
Another national search for the best candidate. Read between the lines another political hack and campaign donator. you would think Deval would have learned his lesson with the parole board. Too bad there wasnt another candidate with experience running a correctional facility
glad I live elsewhere

Shelburne, VT

#4 Jan 15, 2011
How much is it going to cost to gat a job with him Deval?
Always an Acre boy

Rockville, MD

#5 Jan 15, 2011
huh wrote:
Another national search for the best candidate. Read between the lines another political hack and campaign donator. you would think Deval would have learned his lesson with the parole board. Too bad there wasnt another candidate with experience running a correctional facility
Koutoujian only donated $200.00 to Patrick. That's no big deal. The only gripe I would have, is that the Sheriff should have/or could have been hired from within the Billerica House of Correction,if there were someone available for hire, who knows the ins and outs of running a jail.Then again who knows if ,or what kind of, corruption went on when DiPaola
Koutoujian seems to have quite a bit of experience, and would hopefully make a good administrator . Hopefully he will talk to the officers and supervisors either as a group and/or separately, and find out what their gripes may be, and to try to rectify the problems they may be having within the prison.
It's always good to have an administrator who works with you some of the time, instead of against you. I do think that the Governor, or state , or county should make money available to build a new building to expand the prison, so they can properly house the possible influx of inmates from Cambridge Jail. If I remember correctly, didn't the state build that building only about 10 or so years ago? That's the high rise jail in Cambridge right? So maybe they are over crowded there, and need to send some of the clientele to Billerica.Hopefully a new building can and will be built at Billerica to house the increase in inmates. I would hazard a guess that the reason why, is the economy.Many people are falling on hard times, and they resort to crime to make money the easy way.Plus we've had an increase in gang violence also. Give Koutoujian a chance. He may do one hell of a good job.
HACK JOBS

AOL

#7 Jan 15, 2011
Hey Sheriff,, take a look at the hack jobs there hiding in the Union,and our president Friz and vice president leone just let them walk in,,we have know say in the matter,,,no member meeting,,
MJP

Framingham, MA

#8 Jan 15, 2011
Hey "HACK JOBS" Fitzy and Leone are great guys.....I am not in thier management union but I am in the officers union, Whoever you are, if you are in that management union...YOU PAID FOR YOUR JOB, because you can not spell for S@#T just like a bunch of other PAID TO GET AHEAD jobs....Thats why WE, the officers,And I am one with 22 years, don't respect guys like you, Fitz and Alex are stand up guys, Fitz has been there 28 or so years and Alex has done his time too. So "Hack Job" get a life!!!! I will never respect guys like you, but guys like Fitz and Alex i will forever!!!!!!
tsk

Flemington, NJ

#9 Jan 15, 2011
until you guys get some decent leadership you will always be the red headed step-child of law enforcement.
A Retired CO

Rockville, MD

#10 Jan 15, 2011
HACK JOBS wrote:
Hey Sheriff,, take a look at the hack jobs there hiding in the Union,and our president Friz and vice president leone just let them walk in,,we have know say in the matter,,,no member meeting,,
What kind of union do you have where union administrators are allowed to just walk in as you say. The union administration are normally elected on an annual basis. At least they were in the state union I once belonged to. You have to have union meetings with the membership, otherwise you don't have a union, you have a dictatorship, with the union administrators telling you what to do. That's no good at all.
Consider joining the Mass Correction Officers Federated Union, and get some good representation. I'm sure it could be better that what you are getting now.
hummer

Norwich, CT

#11 Jan 15, 2011
Let's see if this new guy gets a broom and starts to clean out some brass trash.
Challenged

Lowell, MA

#12 Jan 17, 2011
Hey Sheriff here is my two cents worth of useless information.

Focus on the job of County Sheriff.
Local Law Enforcement can handle the crime in the cities and towns and provide you with clients.

Your responsibilities are solely the jails.

Cops does not enter jails or prisons to work so go with that crime fighting model.
You Dumb Pig

Boston, MA

#13 Jan 20, 2011
MENTALLY Challenged COP wrote:
Hey Sheriff here is my two cents worth of useless information.
Focus on the job of County Sheriff.
Local Law Enforcement can handle the crime in the cities and towns and provide you with clients.
Your responsibilities are solely the jails.
Cops does not enter jails or prisons to work so go with that crime fighting model.
Yes, Sheriff as you can see local police don't want you to disturb their corrupt little departments. Just keep to yourself and watch the jail for them because there's no question that what they fear most is someone outside of the club looking in, realizing how overpaid they are (I think Lexington has some 30 or so over $100k) and how well they sweep any sort of third party scrutiny or investigations of misconduct under the rug. And then there is Wilmington (or is it Worburn? Heck probably both) and Burlington, where drugs and illicit affairs are welcome in that clubhouse. Yes, Sheriff please let us keep hiding and overpaying our local police forces and you just mind your own business with your jail. And remember the agreement that police can call you corrupt if you do get caught doing something wrong so that the spotlight doesn't turn on them, but as long as you don't rat them out (or even know what they are doing) they won't say a word or propose another candidate while you are in office.

Okay, got it? Local police will keep your secrets as long as you don't uncover theirs.
Typical Idiot

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2011
How mant times have you been arrested ? What is your occupation? Do you have one or do you live off the working people ? Moron.
the observer

Rome, NY

#15 Jan 20, 2011
You Dumb Pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Sheriff as you can see local police don't want you to disturb their corrupt little departments. Just keep to yourself and watch the jail for them because there's no question that what they fear most is someone outside of the club looking in, realizing how overpaid they are (I think Lexington has some 30 or so over $100k) and how well they sweep any sort of third party scrutiny or investigations of misconduct under the rug. And then there is Wilmington (or is it Worburn? Heck probably both) and Burlington, where drugs and illicit affairs are welcome in that clubhouse. Yes, Sheriff please let us keep hiding and overpaying our local police forces and you just mind your own business with your jail. And remember the agreement that police can call you corrupt if you do get caught doing something wrong so that the spotlight doesn't turn on them, but as long as you don't rat them out (or even know what they are doing) they won't say a word or propose another candidate while you are in office.
Okay, got it? Local police will keep your secrets as long as you don't uncover theirs.
hey You, as a resident of Burlington, I would love to know more of what you know about Burlington's Finest! Do tell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waltham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gruesome and Perfect (Profanity) Performed Deca... Thu Culture Auditor 2
Ebola-Keeping threat from United States Oct 20 barbosa 2
Harvard junior took dying mom to Mexico, now stuck Oct 15 Memo From Turner 16
Turkish president demands apology from U.S. Vic... Oct 7 Dander 17
Health: Erectile dysfunction medication can cau... (Jul '10) Oct 2 Frank 17
Bad Home Builders Nationwide (Jan '08) Sep 23 M Adams Thompson 41
Waltham Teacher Charged With Raping Students (Aug '06) Sep '14 Disgusted 217

Waltham News Video

Waltham Dating
Find my Match