All 19 Sleep HealthCenters clinics close abruptly

Jan 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Sleep HealthCenters, a for-profit chain of sleep clinics mostly in New England, abruptly closed this week, leaving some patients who showed up for appointments facing locked doors and a closure notice citing "circumstances beyond our control." The Boston-based company has been struggling financially, in large part because more of the diagnostic ... (more)

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
Skyler

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Please don't blame the back office employees. I know some of them and they are hard workers who had nothing to do with the shady dealings of the management. Over the past year the workers received a salary cut, and these are not high-paying jobs. Their salaries were also frozen so no one got raises. The next thing to happen was that employees didn't get paid on time. They were only told about the closing in a teleconference at 5:00 p.m the day of the closing. They were not thanked for their service. They were told they would get their pay checks and vacation pay right away. Hasn't happened. They haven't received a termination package of info such as what to do about their 401k. . Their medical insurance stops on Jan 31. The owner of the company should at the very least be investigated. His CFO and best friend is already in jail. That's where he belongs too. I'm fed up with the greed in this country. In this case it hurt clients, many of them elderly, and employees alike. The CEO should not be allowed to get off because he has a tricky lawyer.
Malden resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Does this include the centers in Medford and Beverly
former employee

Duxbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Malden resident wrote:
Does this include the centers in Medford and Beverly
Yes, it affects all locations. Call your PCP or the doctor who referred you for suggestions.
Boston gal

Princeton Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sounds like some bad business antics. What really went on?
TkBoston

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Corporate America wins again

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waltham Discussions

Search the Waltham Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Eau Canada: Caravan brings 1,000 litres of Cana... 3 hr Mike James 1
Bad Home Builders Nationwide (Jan '08) 5 hr Miranda nance 40
Groups rally locally in support of Israel, Pale... 13 hr Ignorant 8
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 22 John 4,692
Harvard-bound teen accused of assaulting 15-yea... Jul 21 If True 1
Judge Peter Digangi named " A**-hole of the mon... (Sep '11) Jul 21 The One Who Knows 104
Center for Families receives $310,000 grant Jul 21 The Childrens Trust 1
•••
•••

Waltham News Video

•••
•••

Waltham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waltham People Search