Sheriff: Colleton County Chase Reached 140 mph

Full story: WLTX Columbia 9
A high speed chase in Colleton County reached speeds of 140 mph. But Sheriff George Malone says lives were saved because the suspect who stole a deputy's cruiser used the siren and blue lights. Full Story
Enough

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2008
Why would anyone allow a chase to get up to speeds this fast?? There are some people that pay no attention to the lights and sirens due to the fact that police and fire use them for non emergent reasons?? That is too fast to go. They should have called off the chase. He could not have hid for long in or with a cop car!!
Puff

Lexington, SC

#3 Feb 23, 2008
"Don't taze me, bro".
Chen

Georgetown, SC

#4 Feb 24, 2008
They should hang that sob for jeopardizing lives regardless if he had blue lights and siren on.... reckless endangerment.... 40000 counts...
Just up the road

AOL

#6 Feb 24, 2008
I think its time for a new sheriff (Jason Chapman) in Colleton County.

Check out: campaign4chapman@Yahoo.com

Yes, he was there by the way!

Its time for changes in Colleton county folks, lets make it happen.
Speedy

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 Feb 24, 2008
"i got to get me one of these"
survivor

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Feb 27, 2008
Just up the road wrote:
I think its time for a new sheriff (Jason Chapman) in Colleton County.
Check out: campaign4chapman@Yahoo.com
Yes, he was there by the way!
Its time for changes in Colleton county folks, lets make it happen.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Time for Change

Rock Hill, SC

#9 Feb 28, 2008
You know this is right up there with the cover up of a sexual assault police report that was filed in Colleton County. The Governor's Office contacted this county on three different occasions to inquire about the status of this assault report and not one officer or the sheriff responded back to the Governor's Office. I would like to know what gives an officer the right to break the law and then you arrest or give a ticket to a citizen. Certainly, in this case the man broke the law. Can you tell me what gives an officer to do the same with no reprisal?
new to town

Mount Pleasant, SC

#10 Mar 2, 2008
Time for Change wrote:
You know this is right up there with the cover up of a sexual assault police report that was filed in Colleton County. The Governor's Office contacted this county on three different occasions to inquire about the status of this assault report and not one officer or the sheriff responded back to the Governor's Office. I would like to know what gives an officer the right to break the law and then you arrest or give a ticket to a citizen. Certainly, in this case the man broke the law. Can you tell me what gives an officer to do the same with no reprisal?
I moved here a few years back. Small town close to major areas. In any place you live city or small town there are a few bad apples which make the rest of the good guys look bad. Hell headline news has two police officers who have killed some men let the power get out of control and turn bad........
JollyGreenGiant

Georgetown, SC

#11 Mar 2, 2008
Enough wrote:
Why would anyone allow a chase to get up to speeds this fast?? There are some people that pay no attention to the lights and sirens due to the fact that police and fire use them for non emergent reasons?? That is too fast to go. They should have called off the chase. He could not have hid for long in or with a cop car!!
Are you serious? The suspect shot the officer in the shoulder and tried to kill him if it weren't for his brother stopping him. And prior to that he shot his girlfriend. While held up in his house he shot at the surrounding officers. Instead of shooting him in the leg, they should have put one in his head and only then justice would have been served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walterboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R.G. Stair Rebuke Page (Nov '13) 20 hr Sawa Nakamura 933
S.C. Neighbors Ask Woman to Take Down Confedera... (Sep '10) Wed ACB 123
Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Jan 27 Caprica2424 33
blackwater bar on dorchester,colleten county line Jan 26 a local 2
Mystery FM 87.7 Jan 19 Joe 1
Mystery FM Radio 87.7 Jan 16 Mystery FM 9
Healthfirst - Summerville DO NOT GO THERE! (May '09) Jan 14 CMC 45
Walterboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web