Under the radar, dogfights persist

Under the radar, dogfights persist

There are 1 comment on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Aug 5, 2007, titled Under the radar, dogfights persist. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

“Almost every case we've had has a drug element to it. ... Who has the loose cash other than drug dealers to bet $10,000 on a dogfight?”

Dogfights aren't easy to find - in the coastal Carolinas or elsewhere - unless you have spare cash, connections and a personal invitation.

Law enforcement most often discovers fighting dogs during drug raids. They say getting the problem under control will require more awareness and leads from citizens.

Horry County Support Services Capt. Saundra Rhodes said pit bulls remain status symbols among dealers, who often keep the muscular canines on display. 'I know they use them for protection from the police and people trying to rob them,' she said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

elizabeth blair

Jackson, MS

#1 Aug 21, 2007
we were in walteboro this weekend helping my sister build her house.she lives at 28 koger rd. our 17 week old pit bull puppy disapeared.he is brown and has green eyes,black coller,and snorts like a pig.his name is brutus.you might want to look in that area.we have been training him to be non agressive.i cant handle the thought of someone trying to fight him.if anyone has seen him please contact me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walterboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craig Mack (Oct '16) Mon Dan 4
Ralph Gordon Stair Your Time Is Up Oct 14 Dan 8
Harvest Time RG Stair Oct 14 Dan 1
RG Stair ~ True Or False Prophet? (Jul '10) Oct 13 Buford T Justice 78
R.G. Stair Really Does Tell Lies January 2017 (Jan '17) Oct 13 Buford T Justice 3
R.G Stair cult (Mar '13) Oct 13 Buford T Justice 16
Pedophile R.G. Stair Hates People (Sep '10) Oct 13 Buford T Justice 12

Walterboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walterboro Mortgages