Speed trap for people that aren't even speeding!

Posted in the Walterboro Forum

Angry traveler

AOL

#1 Sep 4, 2011
Stopped by a Subway in your town last week, and before pulling back out onto the highway I had to wait on a car to go by that was obviously speeding. I then pull out onto the road and hardly put foot on thgas and look behind me to see blue lights pulling me over. "Officer" wrote a ticket and said it was only for $81 and the points on insurance were not much. Some research this weekend tells me that Cottageville is well-known as a speed trap town. Well, it appears that it still uses this technique to raise money. I will never spend another penny in this town! And, will tell everybody that I can....!
fight ticket

Four Oaks, NC

#2 Sep 4, 2011
Sorry you were not informed about our speed trap city..yes its a laugh. I do live outside of the city and can take other routes to avoid driving theu there...
Its really a sad thing that they wont build this little city and cut out the "stalking" as i call it in my book.
Now IF someone is speeding or breaking another law,,yea get his behind..
I say go fight the ticket, if u can, but like most people you were just passing thru and will be easier to just pay the ticket,,yea I know it SUCKS..On behalf of the nice folks here, I am sorry,, next time take hwy 61 !!!
frank g

New York, NY

#3 Feb 2, 2014
I was visiting friends in a nearby town, and they warned me to go only 20 mph thru Cottageville and we did. It drops from 55 to 45 to 35, so i went a bit over 20, I avoided a ticket. The cop was hiding around a bend, and I really dropped my speed so luckily no one was behind me, else they wouldve been annoyed with me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walterboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R.G. Stair Rebuke Page (Nov '13) 3 min Sawa Nakamura 892
blackwater bar on dorchester,colleten county line Jan 19 Crosstie walker 1
Mystery FM 87.7 Jan 19 Joe 1
Mystery FM Radio 87.7 Jan 16 Mystery FM 9
Healthfirst - Summerville DO NOT GO THERE! (May '09) Jan 14 CMC 45
Review: Hanebrink Jewelers Inc Jan 2 Hanebrink Jewelers 1
Psn Dec '14 Psn free 1
Walterboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web