Police: store clerk fights back during robbery

There are 2 comments on the WTOC-TV Savannah story from Jul 9, 2010, titled Police: store clerk fights back during robbery. In it, WTOC-TV Savannah reports that:

Authorities said a convenience store clerk in Walterboro, S.C., fought back against two armed robbers, killing one and injuring another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOC-TV Savannah.

RWT

Walterboro, SC

#1 Jul 17, 2010
I hear the store clerk has been fired for defending his/her life....Kangaroo stores should be boycotted. What should the clerk have done just given them what they wanted and then stood there and took a bullet?
erasmuserase

Walterboro, SC

#2 Jul 17, 2010
i feell that the clerk knew the hazards of his job he also knew that maybe something like that might would have happened i think that he did not need to shoot those two fellas after all he had taken their weapon from them he was out of harms way he also was trained not to take matters in his own hands the way that he did i heard that was why he got fired. He did not have to shoot them down like that he was in control of the situation he chose to become a vigilante and thats all to it he should be investigated also. Im not condoning what those fellas did not by a long shot but they are not animals!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walterboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R.G. Stair Rebuke Page (Nov '13) 3 hr Jerry the AntiStair 1,078
Review: Artistic Ink 9 hr Jdono 1
News Minister: Shooting of black man by white office... Apr 14 Cat74 26
Elaine Fogle (Apr '14) Mar '15 james 8
News Fabrication company expanding, adding 25 jobs i... Mar '15 Arlisa Ham 1
News Homeless man Scott Miller pleads guilty to rapi... Feb '15 Nishi 1
News S.C. Neighbors Ask Woman to Take Down Confedera... (Sep '10) Jan '15 ACB 123
More from around the web

Walterboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]