Suspect in rape introduced himself to victim, then forced her into woods

Aug 30, 2010 Full story: The Post and Courier 14

Franklin Smalls was picking up his newspaper from his front yard Sunday morning when he heard someone crying.

Full Story
longgone

United States

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Does anyone remember Elaine Fogel? When I was just a kid she was brutally raped and murdered. I never forgot it or the fact that they never found the guy who did it. Remember Sheila Dodd and her precious child? Terrible things happen everyday somewhere in the world and they have very little to do with race. WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT RACE? There are good and bad in people of every race and I'm very saddened that people use this woman's pain as a launching pad for another chance to spout racial crap. It's 2010, time to grow up and move forward.The simple truth of the matter is Walterboro is a small, good ole boy town. They lack in education and resources to have competent law enforcement. And the ones that are there? Well people you put them there. So either use your vocals to help change it, shut up or do like I did and get the hell out of there. But be prepared, there's crime everywhere.
downsouth2

Walterboro, SC

#2 Sep 7, 2010
longgone wrote:
Does anyone remember Elaine Fogel? When I was just a kid she was brutally raped and murdered. I never forgot it or the fact that they never found the guy who did it. Remember Sheila Dodd and her precious child? Terrible things happen everyday somewhere in the world and they have very little to do with race. WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT RACE? There are good and bad in people of every race and I'm very saddened that people use this woman's pain as a launching pad for another chance to spout racial crap. It's 2010, time to grow up and move forward.The simple truth of the matter is Walterboro is a small, good ole boy town. They lack in education and resources to have competent law enforcement. And the ones that are there? Well people you put them there. So either use your vocals to help change it, shut up or do like I did and get the hell out of there. But be prepared, there's crime everywhere.
The more blacks , the more crime
downsouth2

Walterboro, SC

#3 Sep 7, 2010
Proven Fact,, The more iggers ,the more crime..lol notice' I didnt use the N word.
olskool

Cottageville, SC

#4 Mar 26, 2012
i remember it all like yesterday. in 1978 i lived next door to one of the suspects and a mile away from the other. i was 21 and lived at home, my dad was best friends with one of the sled agents on the case so i got inside info.
james

Barnwell, SC

#5 Nov 18, 2013
Elaine was my cousin she was a kind and good person and a trusting person,the girl her room married the boy who killed her so she would not be able to convict him on the stand, and then one of the guys was send away for along time, I think he hs dead now, everyone knows who did so why id money,power, stop this. sled has good dna, don't know why they can't match it to them. maybe the adam walsh foundation needs to go to Waterboro and shake up some people,i understand their was a lot of dirty things going on back then with the law, she needs justice for her and her sister,she stills wonders why:::
stop the race stuff

Mclean, VA

#6 Nov 18, 2013
I think some people just don't know how the usa became the usa it was built off murder rape and forced labor just for starters. Any country who has a foundation like that is built on the dark-side of the universe. oh yes i know most will say well it wasn't me and i will say to them I BET EVERY DAY YOU BENEFIT FROM WHAT TOOK PLACE NOT SO LONG AGO...

Stop with the black white brown stuff when you look in the mirror your looking at the whole HUMAN RACE and hate only feeds more hate and one day that hate will knock on your door.....don't feed the beast...
donald berry

Williston, SC

#7 Mar 7, 2014
elaine fogle was my 1st cousin and i remember this vividly. her death killed her father. some of our family have gone to walterboro to try and stir up some interest in the case, but to no avail.
with all the new technology available, it does appear that some type of lead could be generated.
REST IN PEACE , ELAINE....WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU.
Penny Parker

Orangeburg, SC

#8 Apr 7, 2014
downsouth2 wrote:
<quoted text> The more blacks , the more crime
. You sir need help! Open your eyes crime and hate have no color!! You wouldn't like it if someone said the more white racists stupid red necks the more crime....... And I am WHITE!!!
james fogle

Barnwell, SC

#9 Apr 21, 2014
I wrote sled a letter back last year to mark keel in Elaine fogles cold case but as normal no reply to this day, no one will talk about this and still the police chief will not talk to any one in the family, says its a ongoing deal and they don't want to spook the suspects,, get real they know who this is,and why the couplegot married these people an their familys has connections and money, the good old boy system, my uncle and aunt has died without piece in this matter, she has one sister living and our famiy would love this to be at a end with justice, ut guess the money still talks, if I knew it would help I would throw some dollars out their to see who bites my self,
brother stair

Philippi, WV

#11 May 3, 2014
I did not introduce myself to the victim.
james fogle

Barnwell, SC

#13 May 28, 2014
36 years today our cousin murder in Walterboro a wonderful little town of good old boy school, not a day goes by I don't think of her and how someone could this and live with theirself afterwards, hell has a place waiting for them,one is dead, one has disappeared, or that's what it looks like, they have divorced, he is still around, but their was a fourth that hung with them, he is still afraid to tell. one is in the nations, hiding, I waiting"""
lisa

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jul 15, 2014
longgone wrote:
Doe yess anyone remember Elaine Fogel? When I was just a kid she was brutally raped and murdered. I never forgot it or the fact that they never found the guy who did it. Remember Sheila Dodd and her precious child? Terrible things happen everyday somewhere in the world and they have very little to do with race. WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT RACE? There are good and bad in people of every race and I'm very saddened that people use this woman's pain as a launching pad for another chance to spout racial crap. It's 2010, time to grow up and move forward.The simple truth of the matter is Walterboro is a small, good ole boy town. They lack in education and resources to have competent law enforcement. And the ones that are there? Well people you put them there. So either use your vocals to help change it, shut up or do like I did and get the hell out of there. But be prepared, there's crime everywhere.
I believe that walterboro has lack of any kind of police support or not enough money for education I believe. I am sure of they r trying to take over. Not a great place to live of your white .justy opinion to many gangs .Do Something about it .not enough man power. I say bring them in from another state or better yet FBI
james

Barnwell, SC

#17 Jul 30, 2014
olskool wrote:
i remember it all like yesterday. in 1978 i lived next door to one of the suspects and a mile away from the other. i was 21 and lived at home, my dad was best friends with one of the sled agents on the case so i got inside info.

you got any names for me.. need them.?????
james

Barnwell, SC

#18 Jul 30, 2014
spoke to the governors office today on Elaine Fogles case, our family hasn't forgotton you, its been years,, my pastor told me couldn't pray for people to go to hell concerning this matter, but I told him I wanted to share some time with them before they do go to hell. murder and rape, takes a real big person to do this to your room mate, cause your jealous..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walterboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R.G. Stair Rebuke Page (Nov '13) 3 hr Jerry the AntiStair 1,004
Fabrication company expanding, adding 25 jobs i... Mar 2 Arlisa Ham 1
Homeless man Scott Miller pleads guilty to rapi... Feb 8 Nishi 1
S.C. Neighbors Ask Woman to Take Down Confedera... (Sep '10) Jan '15 ACB 123
Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Jan '15 Caprica2424 33
blackwater bar on dorchester,colleten county line Jan '15 a local 2
Mystery FM 87.7 Jan '15 Joe 1

Flood Warning for Colleton County was issued at March 06 at 10:29AM EST

Walterboro Dating
Find my Match