Former Vt. man charged with failing t...

Former Vt. man charged with failing to register

There are 5 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jun 10, 2010, titled Former Vt. man charged with failing to register. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A Walpole, N.H., man was taken into custody last month for failing to inform state sex offender registries of his move from Vermont into New Hampshire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Joshua Martin

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Jun 10, 2010
what a bunch of crap. If the guy was doing something wrong then fine but if we're going to hold it against people for ever then leave him jail. He prolly shouldve stayed in longer the first time perhaps, but if he's free, then he's free.
Getting his life back together and 10 years in jail maybe? That makes this law dumb
Bf Law

Detroit, MI

#3 Jun 10, 2010
your the one that is dumb
summer time

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jun 10, 2010
Yep...he had to report and didnt. Too bad
Kevin

Barre, VT

#5 Jun 11, 2010
See how dumb this law is when some pedophile does something like this to one of your kids if you even have any. You had one thing right, he belongs in jail so he does not have the oppurtunity to do it again.
Dawn

Bellows Falls, VT

#6 Jun 15, 2010
Joshua Martin wrote:
what a bunch of crap. If the guy was doing something wrong then fine but if we're going to hold it against people for ever then leave him jail. He prolly shouldve stayed in longer the first time perhaps, but if he's free, then he's free.
Getting his life back together and 10 years in jail maybe? That makes this law dumb
Clearly, Joshua, you have not done your homework. It is not possible to rehabilitate 95% of sex offenders. The law was put into place to protect the public AND allow these people the ability to have a life outside of prison. I, as a parent, want to know exactly where every sex offender lives if they are within at least a 30 mile radius. Next time you open your mouth about such things, I highly suggest you do a little research!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walpole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cheshire County jail inmate found dead in his bed (Jun '09) Aug '15 Mister Ed 15
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31
Ken Burns and his liberal causes (Oct '11) Jun '14 Michael 3
weres danny shy (Apr '14) Apr '14 old friend 1
News Amherst, N.H., chief to lead Townsend department (Apr '14) Apr '14 Patricia Beam 1
News Fire Chief field narrowed to three finalists (Mar '14) Mar '14 Patricia Beam 1
News North Walpole teen indicted, accused of driving... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Baby Jesus 1

Walpole Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walpole Mortgages