New Hampshire Committee to Consider Unreasonable Breeder Bill

Jan 13, 2010 Full story: AKC Gazette

New Hampshire House Bill 1624 , which seeks to impose many unreasonable and unnecessary restrictions on responsible dog breeders and owners, will be considered by the House Environment and Agriculture Committee on Thursday, January 21.

Read more
Drishti

Rensselaer, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2010
The AKC cannot be relied upon for a fair opinion on this due to their financial interests, but one look at how many healthy animals are gassed to death daily in this country tells the real story about "breeders" and their largely unnecessary, vain pursuit of the supposedly perfect-looking but in reality unhealthy designer dog industry. It's a substitute for dealing with reality - homeless, abandoned, abused, hoarded dogs and cats WITH or WITHOUT a pedigree need everyone's indignation, and HELP: humane treatment, spaying, neutering, and need homes. Did you know they are gassed in most shelters, and this is a slow death ?- repeated thousands and thousands of times in our country..the numbers are staggering.
There is pretty much NO limitation that would be too much, in my opinion, to control dog breeding. I realize it won't stop but control ? Certainly need more of that, along with education. So what if it inconveniences people who run puppy mills or make money off selling animals that end up in the pound anyway. The problem needs addressing NOW. Are you willing to find your next pet at a shelter ? Willing to speak up ? Do you truly love and respect all life, do you care about animals in general or only the ones right in front of you? I hope people will educate themselves about so-called euthanasia, do some research, and be outraged on behalf of our best canine friends who are "mutts" or simply thrown away when they don't live up to stupid people's expectations. We need to get this cruel destruction of unwanted animals under control, and controlling breeders will HELP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walpole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Nov '14 Bravo 27
Ken Burns and his liberal causes (Oct '11) Jun '14 Michael 3
weres danny shy (Apr '14) Apr '14 old friend 1
News Amherst, N.H., chief to lead Townsend department (Apr '14) Apr '14 Patricia Beam 1
News Fire Chief field narrowed to three finalists (Mar '14) Mar '14 Patricia Beam 1
News North Walpole teen indicted, accused of driving... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Baby Jesus 1
News This Week's Rare Bird Alert (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chloe 1
Walpole Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Walpole People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]