Mike Matthews

There are 3 comments on the WREG story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Mike Matthews. In it, WREG reports that:

Mike Matthews has a nickname, he's referred to as the "Government Watchdog." That's because Mike tackles the tough stories in city and county government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

Al-B

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2010
IS ANYBODY LISTENING?
The Security Officers at 201 Popular, 140 Adams, 160 N. Main, Shelby County Health Clinics and 150 Washington have received another devastating blow. Last July these employees worked for more than 3 weeks without receiving a paycheck. Not knowing when or even if they were going to be paid; they diligently reported to work showing their dedication to their jobs.
On July 12, 2010; these employees were informed by Allied Barton Security that they will have to reapply for their jobs and if accepted they will; beginning August 1, 2010, receive approximately a $250.00 monthly pay cut. The bidding process deadline was in March of 2010; but the employees were not informed of the drastic change in salary until July 12, 2010. This is only a two (2) week notice to a serious change in their families income or possibly even their last days of employment if Allied Barton chooses not to retain their services. Their service has been sufficient enough to retain gainful employment thus far. So why shouldnt they be kept in their current position? Is this how you show appreciation for diligent dedication?
All of the employees are African Americans with families and responsibilities and are striving to make an honest living wage in a dangerous profession. These employees, some of whom have worked in these positions for as many as 8 years under two (2) minority contracts bidders ( DWA Inc. and CDA Inc.), were paid a salary of $12.50 per hour.
Is anybody listening? Why would Shelby County give the contract to a non-minority company (Allied Barton Security) whom headquarter is outside of Shelby County? Taking Shelby County funds to other regions; as a result rejuvenating their economy.
These are employees who pay taxes to this city and county. It is time for our elected officials to STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN. At election time they beg for our votes; let them look into these unjustified Acts of Negotiation. Employees should not be made to suffer at the hands of Political Greed.
Roscoe Bellows

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Jul 21, 2010
Mike have you ever did any follow up on the Swift Transportation
with the investigation of that company that the Federal agents
was doing with the drivers licensing of those drivers. What has happening in that investigation. Thanks
Mid South Ken

Memphis, TN

#3 Jul 21, 2010
If I wanted Memphis to be like New York ... I would move to New York ... I do not agree with the parking ticket problem...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walpole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) May '17 IHateKickboxing 30
Beatles For Sale returns to E. Walpole in June May '17 Beatleman 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Walpole May '17 VictorOrians 1
What say you Ernie Bock Jr (Oct '16) Apr '17 Archie Bunker 5
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
sharon ma voted best ton in U.S.? (Aug '13) Apr '17 Cohen 2
ILKB norwood (Jan '17) Jan '17 Jpringle 1

Walpole Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walpole Mortgages