Support growing for seat belt law

Support growing for seat belt law

There are 8 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 7, 2009, titled Support growing for seat belt law. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Efforts to make "Click It or Ticket" more than just a slogan have shifted into a higher gear after a deadly holiday weekend on the roads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

fed up

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jul 7, 2009
it's not about your well being like these phonies want you to believe but rather the money the fines will bring in to support there salaries and expenses and protect there political cronies who hold other government jobs!!!!!
RLK

Boston, MA

#2 Jul 7, 2009
A Seat Belt Law is only going to work if people follow it. clearly the speed limit didn't work. laws will NOT help.
why

Millville, MA

#3 Jul 7, 2009
Get a law on the books under the guise of making us safe. It is an old story. Freedom vs. Safety.
brush hill bob

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jul 7, 2009
fed up wrote:
it's not about your well being like these phonies want you to believe but rather the money the fines will bring in to support there salaries and expenses and protect there political cronies who hold other government jobs!!!!!
congratulations for hitting the nail on the head ! let's not forget the campaign money these sleazebag politicians get from the insurance companies.
Gerry

Stoneham, MA

#5 Jul 7, 2009
Whatever. If people had common sense, we wouldn't need these stupid laws. When people learn they can't talk on a cell phone, eat a bagel and drink a coffee at the same time and drive, maybe they'll figure out the seatbelt law. I am a supporter of the the Law; mainly because I don't want to waste my tax dollars on State Police Overtime for Rconstruction to figure out why you hamburg in a road.
Brad Hines

Holyoke, MA

#6 Jul 7, 2009
why wrote:
Get a law on the books under the guise of making us safe. It is an old story. Freedom vs. Safety.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin - 1759
just me

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jul 8, 2009
OHHHH you mean that seat belt law the citicens repealled, THAT LAW? Oh thats right we the people don't have a say, now I remember. About time the people WE ELECT to start listening to the people, but you'll vote them right back in as always.
brush hill bob

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jul 8, 2009
don't forget the propaganda from the news media. ever notice when they report an accident where high speed, drugs or alcohol were involved they never fail to throw in the ditty - " and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt". duh ! think they would ever have the nerve to report a fatality caused because someone was trapped by their seatbelt ? there was a close case of a gitl almost burned, trapped in a car in dutchess co. about a month ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walpole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Norwood Man Charged with Selling Cocaine Apr '16 Clown by Proxy 1
News Keith Bedford/Globe Staff Group rallies for saf... (Nov '15) Apr '16 Waste not want not 8
How To Change Bad Luck Jan '16 Eugene 1
Denver BITCH slapped Brady and company Jan '16 Yankee clipper 1
Denver baby! Jan '16 The Punisher 1
News Kenny Chesney Announces Gillette Stadium Return (Nov '15) Nov '15 tina 1
Patriots injuries (Nov '15) Nov '15 Paul Revere 1

Walpole Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walpole Mortgages