Slatington quarry: police at quarry n...

Slatington quarry: police at quarry near Slatington to search f...

There are 95 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 25, 2009, titled Slatington quarry: police at quarry near Slatington to search f.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Police and fire rescue crews are at a quarry just outside Slatington where a young man jumped into the water just before 4 p.m. and has not been seen since.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#91 May 27, 2009
Uh No wrote:
It's funny to read a Jersey transplant tell us how nice their filthy beaches are from the shimmering pearl of Pen Argyl. The drift of Pennsylvanians and New Jerseyites to MD, VA, and NC has been profound. 95 in VA looks like the Jersey Turnpike on a summer weekend. Jersey has been left to NYC riff raff.
Let's face it, people will even settle for Pen Argyl over Jersey.
I try to NOT be in Pen Argyl as much as possible, I'd rather put a shotgun in my mouth than stay here forever. Sorry but I'll take a NJ beach over this backwards white trash Mayberry any day. At first I thought I'd like it, I ignored people when they started talking nasty about new residents, I was nice back to them, I ignored the comments about how people moving here should be shot at, should be killed, etc. now I don't give a sh!t any more, they can go fuuck themselves with their nasty attitudes, they deserve every single thing they dished out to others. I can't wait for the day I leave this place, it will be a total relief. I can honestly say that if I have to stay here the rest of my life I will consider a gun to the temple it would be a heck of a lot better than in this sh!thole with these white trash people. No sympathy for any of you, no pity, nothing, nothing but nasty sob's who were nasty FIRST towards people who moved here to simply make a life for themselves & their family & these pieces of garbage look down on them all because of where they were born........I won't even say what I hope for their future. They can keep this nasty racist, white trash state. I plan to get out very soon & never look back. I have never, ever in my entire life come across a bunch of nasty miserable condescending elitist bazturds in my entire life. Your attitudes have made my life an entire nightmare since myself & my family have moved here, you have made 5 yrs of my life miserable, 5 yrs lost that I will never get back all because of some pieces of garbage. Your stereotypes, your nasty remarks, your hatres towards anyone who wasn't born here. I hold nothing back anymore, just like you don't care about others around you I don't care about you or what I say to you, I give what was given to me but I'll ne damned if I have to stay here until the day I die. Nothing but trash here that deserve every single ounce of what is said to them. No remorse no sympathy. Trash.
yaGottaBeKiddin

Slatington, PA

#92 May 28, 2009
JoisyGirl wrote:
Why don't they do away with these abandoned quarriesf ro God's sake. How many more kids have to die in order for them to do this. Not to mention of all places to swim, they can't go to a lake or to the shore?
yea you are so right no one drowns in lakes, rivers, or the ocean.......you aren't very intelligent are ya Miss Joisey?
yaGottaBeKiddin

Slatington, PA

#93 May 28, 2009
JoisyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to NOT be in Pen Argyl as much as possible, I'd rather put a shotgun in my mouth than stay here forever. Sorry but I'll take a NJ beach over this backwards **** Mayberry any day. At first I thought I'd like it, I ignored people when they started talking nasty about new residents, I was nice back to them, I ignored the comments about how people moving here should be shot at, should be killed, etc. now I don't give a sh!t any more, they can go **** themselves with their nasty attitudes, they deserve every single thing they dished out to others. I can't wait for the day I leave this place, it will be a total relief. I can honestly say that if I have to stay here the rest of my life I will consider a gun to the temple it would be a heck of a lot better than in this sh!thole with these **** people. No sympathy for any of you, no pity, nothing, nothing but nasty sob's who were nasty FIRST towards people who moved here to simply make a life for themselves & their family & these pieces of garbage look down on them all because of where they were born........I won't even say what I hope for their future. They can keep this nasty racist,**** state. I plan to get out very soon & never look back. I have never, ever in my entire life come across a bunch of nasty miserable condescending elitist bazturds in my entire life. Your attitudes have made my life an entire nightmare since myself & my family have moved here, you have made 5 yrs of my life miserable, 5 yrs lost that I will never get back all because of some pieces of garbage. Your stereotypes, your nasty remarks, your hatres towards anyone who wasn't born here. I hold nothing back anymore, just like you don't care about others around you I don't care about you or what I say to you, I give what was given to me but I'll ne damned if I have to stay here until the day I die. Nothing but trash here that deserve every single ounce of what is said to them. No remorse no sympathy. Trash.
UH doh leave or are you that stupid you don't your way back to Joisey,,,btw I hate your name, and your accent. ah you still here JG? dont wanna be dammed do ya...leave leave leave leave Newark is calling ya back to JOISEY.... or was that Trenton you have a Trenton type mouth.
yaGottaBeKiddin

Slatington, PA

#94 May 28, 2009
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
GET IT THROUGH YOUR STUPID HEAD, NO MATER HOW HIDDEN THE BEACH IS, ALL THE WATER IN NJ IS DIRTY, MOSTLY WITH SEWER. THE BEACH HAD HIDE FROM THE DIRTY WATER. I THINK YOU GET DUMBER WITH EVERY THREAD YOU GET IN.
She does, she needs map quest or a global locator to find her way to the bathroom. lol She talks smack and believes it is true.
yaGottaBeKiddin

Slatington, PA

#95 May 28, 2009
Northern Lehign native wrote:
What's really scary is the stuff that's been chucked into some of those quarries over the last 4-5 decades like car batteries, asbestos siding, and 55-gallon drums of God-knows-what. Between that and those invisible water-logged trees coated with algae just below the surface, I don't know why anyone would dive into that water.
I grew up around there and I can tell you I never went near that water. A previous poster said it tends to be the out-of-towners who die there and its true. However, the locals would be smart to stay out too even if they know which ledges to jump from.
My sympathies to the family.
Who owns this quarry??
couurtni

Fort Nelson, Canada

#96 May 28, 2009
i remember when i met you, you just started talking to me randomly. i think you were trying to annoy me but .. i just thought you were fun. we stayed and spent the next few weeks together, getting to know eachother. you were the only one who would listen to my emo songs and actually liked them with me. you were my first and only real best friend. i remember our first phone call. and how mad you got at me because i wouldnt play xbox live with you. everytime someone holds their cigarette too high in their fingers i think of you and i'm gonna miss teasing you for that. i'm gonna miss you telling me to shut up when i call you "dwaiine". i told you a week ago that you would always be a major part of my life, and my heart. you told me if i ever wanted to talk you'd be here. i'm listening to all your songs and i know you're listening with me. and i know you're gonna take care of chaela no matter what. i know you found the kind of love you always wanted. im so proud of you. miss you stopwatch

"i want to tie you down. so you can never leave me ever"

i'll see you again buddy... <3
Ganga Man

Gilbertsville, PA

#97 May 28, 2009
respect wrote:
Some of the people on here act as if they NEVER did anthing wrong. Well sorry but EVERYBODY makes mistakes. People on here act like there perfect. Kids like to try new things and have fun. And as kids, we don't think about how fast things can change. I personally will never swim in a quarry. I am a student at Northern Lehigh and i have some friends that go up to the Pennzie at least once a week, if not once a month. They worry me. I have friends that say "Yo the pennzie is so much fun. You got to come up sometime" No, there are better places to go and safer things to do. Some of my other friends say "Yeah i won't go up there either, because i'm afraid to" then again i have others friends who say "I was afraid to jump my first time and then i did and it really wasn't that bad." I'm afraid of losing a friend one day for a stupid reason like this one. If you want to go swimming, go in a pool, even a creek around your neighborhood, don't go in the dirty water. I understand the kid that jumped today shouldn't have jumped but everyone takes risks in life. You never know how fast your life can change, and it all can happen in the blink of an eye, and you honestely don't know what you got till it's gone. Some of these comments are just pathetic:
"no great loss, swim in dangerous waters, this will happen, one less idiot in society"
People that say things like this don't have respect. I don't even think they repect themselves.
I'm sorry but this is just rude. This family lost a loved one today and then you get people that post things and they just don't care, they are very disrepectful. People sit and talk about other parents children but yet they don't know what there own kids do. The incident that took place today could have happened to anyone, so before you go back up to the pennzie to go swimming think twice about what happened today and please relize this could happen to anyone of you too! I am sorry to see a young boy go, and all my sympathy goes to the family that lost a loved one today.
Good post dude. Most of the clowns who post nonsense on here have serious cases of "Internet Muscles".
Ganga Man

Gilbertsville, PA

#98 May 28, 2009
JoisyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to NOT be in Pen Argyl as much as possible, I'd rather put a shotgun in my mouth than stay here forever. Sorry but I'll take a NJ beach over this backwards **** Mayberry any day. At first I thought I'd like it, I ignored people when they started talking nasty about new residents, I was nice back to them, I ignored the comments about how people moving here should be shot at, should be killed, etc. now I don't give a sh!t any more, they can go **** themselves with their nasty attitudes, they deserve every single thing they dished out to others. I can't wait for the day I leave this place, it will be a total relief. I can honestly say that if I have to stay here the rest of my life I will consider a gun to the temple it would be a heck of a lot better than in this sh!thole with these **** people. No sympathy for any of you, no pity, nothing, nothing but nasty sob's who were nasty FIRST towards people who moved here to simply make a life for themselves & their family & these pieces of garbage look down on them all because of where they were born........I won't even say what I hope for their future. They can keep this nasty racist,**** state. I plan to get out very soon & never look back. I have never, ever in my entire life come across a bunch of nasty miserable condescending elitist bazturds in my entire life. Your attitudes have made my life an entire nightmare since myself & my family have moved here, you have made 5 yrs of my life miserable, 5 yrs lost that I will never get back all because of some pieces of garbage. Your stereotypes, your nasty remarks, your hatres towards anyone who wasn't born here. I hold nothing back anymore, just like you don't care about others around you I don't care about you or what I say to you, I give what was given to me but I'll ne damned if I have to stay here until the day I die. Nothing but trash here that deserve every single ounce of what is said to them. No remorse no sympathy. Trash.
Wow! Is it pizza week for you Miss NJ? Relax & take some Prozak babe, then head back to the armpit of the US.
DMJ67

Allentown, PA

#99 May 28, 2009
Listen to "dcore from palmerton,Pa"
K why is everyone at each others throats calling these kids idiots? They r kids and WE all know kids will do wat they want! We Did!!! Mistakes get made. Somehow there should be signs all over that place to tell the kids what did happen to other kids in the past to educate them and put security up there too wouldnt hurt. Kids want to have fun without adults i understand that too.Everything kids do is a risk so should they stay in their room and be locked up NO let them live!!!WE DID!!!
Southside Johnny

Kutztown, PA

#100 May 28, 2009
JoisyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you yokels think that because you only know of those beaches. There are many secluded beach areas that are not even on basic maps for the state that the locals go to to get away from the tourists, these beaches, some of them private, are clean & rid of garbage & tourists from PA who dirty the place up before going home. And as for the water, yes lol most ocean water IS dirty, but swimming in that water is for the PAs, they're the only ones who are mystified enough with it to swim in it, wow water! Memorial Day weekend is over & the race begins. Last weekend I saw well over 40 PA plates jammed into one small boardwalk parking lot. I mean really, there has to be something they can do in the summer so they can stay in their own state.
NJ has one of the most vibrant surfing communities on the east coast. Tough guys and girls who go year round. It hosts one of four eastern championships (near Sandy Hook). The others are in NC and FL. Real Jersey Shorers go in the water; always have; always will. The "secret" beach stuff is ridiculous. They're all charted and easily found; a few nice ones are left, mostly south; tourists always have avoided smaller enclaves. Your NJ generalities about PAers are as silly as PAers about NJers. They also betray someone who doesn't know as much as she professes.
stupid people

Allentown, PA

#101 May 29, 2009
Happy Memorial Day wrote:
I really have to laugh at all the comments defending a person basically killing themselves during illegal activity....dont worry mommy and daddy will sue the owners of the quarry because the fence there wasnt high enough to keep their idiot child away from an obvious hazard
-You are the worst person! all of you people are! Im sure you werent a perfect little angel when you were a kid! you did stupid stuff do EVERYONE DOES!!!! your the scum if you ask me! get a life! a family lost a loved one and all you can do is say dumb stuff! how would you feel if it was someone in you family or close to you? you would be upset and mourning! grow up! You need help!
NJESSEX

West Orange, NJ

#102 Jun 3, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm with you. i agree with everything you said, but if you've read these threads long enough you come to realize people like to stay ridiculous things just to get a rise from others.
. I wanna say thank you for all the people who send their condolences to the loss of my nephew Dwayne. It was hard to cope when I've approached his casket yesterday to see his angelic face light up the room. so many friends and family that attend there. He was surely loved.
lorib72

United States

#103 Jun 11, 2009
I lived and hung at that same quarry many many years ago. I to had lost someone there. Many of you less experienced at living can say what you wish. Being there was the best time in my childhood. Nothing wrong with being adventurous. That doesn't mean everyone was doing things 'illegal' other then swimming. Back in my time there were no fences.

Instead of slamming on someone whose family is still grieving. You should look to the town that has NOTHING for the younger people to do.

There was nothing to do when I lived in that town. There is nothing to do in that town now that my niece and nephew roam in it.

Leave the person rest in piece.

If anyone knows 'Rice' from so many years ago. RIP
He was sucked into a under water current that took him into a underground cave. SOMETIMES you don't have a choice after a certain point.

I myself LOVED floating on the rafts, enjoying the sunlight. We never were told to leave. We never got into trouble. This is a meeting ground for many generations.

If they really want you to stay out. Well they should do a better job of patrolling. The law and the owners know the hazards.- Not to far away is housing. What about the even younger kids who can get in.

All the negativity. To something so sad is saddening.
seashore

Woodbine, NJ

#104 May 23, 2012
My cuz never came home from a Slatington Quarry 30 years ago in August. We searched ourselves too besides the hound dogs and police. The rain that followed made it difficult to trace a scent.
Angel

Slatington, PA

#105 Feb 11, 2013
Happy Memorial Day wrote:
I really have to laugh at all the comments defending a person basically killing themselves during illegal activity....dont worry mommy and daddy will sue the owners of the quarry because the fence there wasnt high enough to keep their idiot child away from an obvious hazard
Uck you, you dumb selfish prick.. What nice people want to say to you, but don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carbon has not received Elks demolition... Sun Welcome to my world 3
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) Aug 14 Benjamin Shealey 167
News Terrible roadways Aug 7 pothole probs in PA 1
strong arm robbery in slatington behind turkey ... (Aug '15) Jun '16 Regina local artist 2
Opening art gallery Jun '16 Regina local artist 1
News Carbon County Personnel Jun '16 lazy bass turd 1
News Towamensing Township Man Asked Woman For Ride T... (Dec '07) May '16 vote Trump 28

Walnutport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages