Unfair garbage policy in Walnutport

Unfair garbage policy in Walnutport

There are 4 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 25, 2009, titled Unfair garbage policy in Walnutport. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Walnutport Borough Council is being unfair with billing for garbage. I own a home and moved out about 18 months ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

pay up

Sellersville, PA

#2 Jan 25, 2009
do you still pay taxes on the house you vacated?

law says trash is required to be paid regardless of usage or not, same thing goes for elderly people who pay the same rate as a young family, a young family who puts out 40 times the trash an elderly person does
No change

East Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Jan 25, 2009
Why, paying your "taxes" is patriotic. We should be paying even higher taxes. Ask Biden. As for me, I demand higher taxes on everybody and everything.
Star

Grandville, MI

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Walnutport really does have some serious trash removal issues. I know of people in that town and they live on a road that is the line between Northampton and Walnutport, and the road is never cleaned. Due to all the snow it has been a sheet of ice for weeks and they refuse to pick up any of the garbage for 3 weeks. When Walnutport Borough was called, because the neighborhood is in fear of getting rats and mice and God knows what else, the woman at the borogh office said it was no big deal and to get over it. I'm sorry but I think that is an issue. They want people to pay almost double what they use to pay the trash and now they don't even pick it up! I wonder how much the woman at walnutport borough building would like to have trash sitting for weeks attracting all kinds of rats and mice? I see no problem with people paying for the trash removal but then I would say it sure as heck should be picked up weekly and not setting for over 3 weeks!
Frugallady

Hilltown, PA

#5 Jul 6, 2010
When is the next election for the Board Members that run Walnutport?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are there flashing lights at the towers ato... May 19 YupYup 1
Burning ordinance Apr '17 Rachel 1
3 bed/2 bath Mobile Home for sale 8,000 OBO!! ... (Sep '11) Mar '17 sqik45forever 2
Small Town Problems Mar '17 ngmilitarypolice 1
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) Feb '17 Mdruddy 168
News Plans for Lehigh Valley's newest Wal-Mart Super... Feb '17 Ivy Sullivan 1
News Palmerton Area teachers say no to report (Jun '07) Jan '17 Brooke 47

Walnutport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages