Manslaughter charges head to court in...

Manslaughter charges head to court in Palmerton beating death -...

There are 25 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 31, 2007, titled Manslaughter charges head to court in Palmerton beating death -.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A prosecutor played a videotape of part of a deadly melee in downtown Palmerton today that showed a 17-year-old tackling a 63-year-old man, causing his head to smack off a sidewalk and contributing to his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chase Edwards Cooper

Andover, NJ

#1 Aug 31, 2007
Will we see an outcry from folks asking for forgiveness and rehabilitation for these guys, since they're young and have their whole lives ahead of them?
No release

Easton, PA

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Yep! White people only shoot their victims, they don't beat them. Way to go.
No release

Easton, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2007
Nope! they should be trid as adults and the book should be thrown at them. Let them continue to learn their life lessons in jail. I hope they never see daylight again in their lives.
watching

Allentown, PA

#4 Aug 31, 2007
send them all to judge brenner lehigh county judge.
as harsh as he is with his rulings, he should be investigated, it just seems he is much toooooo forgiving to young boys.
WHAT A TOOL

Allentown, PA

#5 Aug 31, 2007
IF THAT WAS MY DAD, I WOULD FIND A WAY TO GET THAT IDIOT,YOU CAN PAY INMATES TO DO ANYTHING THESE DAYS,PEOPLE ARE SUCH IDIOTS.CANT KUST KEEP TO YOURSELVES,YOUR 25 YEARS OLD YOU SHOULD BE HANGING WITH PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE, BUT I GUESS YOU WENT WITH BRAIN AGE.HOW MANY "FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBER" WILL BE ON HERE CLAIMING HE WAS SUCH A GREAT GUY BLAH BLAH BLAH,NORMAL PEOPLE DONT DO THESE THINGS,LET HIM FIND A GF IN PRISON.FREAKIN IDIOT,HE LOOKS LIKE HE COULD BE SOMEONES B****

REP

Since: Jul 07

Annapolis, MD

#6 Aug 31, 2007
Its amazing that the morning call only prints half the story!!
And for the rest of you posters I hope you dont have any kids cuz it can be them!
NCAT

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Aug 31, 2007
REP wrote:
And for the rest of you posters I hope you dont have any kids cuz it can be them!
And the other half of the story is????
just wondering

Sparta, NJ

#8 Aug 31, 2007
REP wrote:
True, my mother always said never say "not my children" because you never know, however FACT is---these kids were no angels. There comes a time when a parent has to realize that there are problems. Turning their heads to these brats made them as guilty.
names yet

Sparta, NJ

#9 Aug 31, 2007
Everyone in town has been talking about the "boys" and who they are. Will the papers and news be able to print their names?
Dorcia

Stroudsburg, PA

#10 Aug 31, 2007
The killers should be put away for life. Bring back mandatory hard labor in prisons.

“Go Hillary!”

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#11 Aug 31, 2007
What happened? What caused the fight?
WOW

Catasauqua, PA

#12 Aug 31, 2007
NCAT wrote:
<quoted text>And the other half of the story is????
And the other half IS -------
HE killed someone, I don't see a difference...PUNK,THUG,GANGSTE R, TO MUCH RAP STAR BULL SPIT !!!!

If REP don't like the comments, then they should not be reading them, thats easy, HUH ?

“Former Topix User”

Since: Aug 07

Andover, NJ

#13 Aug 31, 2007
REP wrote:
What's the other half of this story about which we don't know?
LISSYO7

Whitehall, PA

#14 Aug 31, 2007
You raise you kids one way and sometime they turn out to be another way. A lot of the kids hangs out with the wrong crowd. As a parent youn can control kids into a certain age. Today some kids done care what their parents say to them. I know some parents done know how to raise their children but in the otherhand are parent that they educated thier children and their kids turn to be bad kids. I don't like to judge the parents becouse not always is the parents fault.
No excuse

Fogelsville, PA

#15 Aug 31, 2007
REP wrote:
Well then I suggest you tell the rest of the story. If you raise your kids right this crap doesn't happen!
Dorcia

Stroudsburg, PA

#16 Aug 31, 2007
Raising kids is a full-time job from the day they are born. You put them first, and your own needs second. Love them, talk to them, listen to them, discipline them when necessary, be involved in their lives. It's not easy. If you can't do this, use birth control.
NW parent

Walnutport, PA

#17 Aug 31, 2007
only solution is to keep all the trash in Easton, don't let them out, and let them wipe each other out there!
Just Wondering

Allentown, PA

#18 Aug 31, 2007
Are you saying that no one but people from Palmerton are supposed to be there and people from Easton are supposed to stay in Easton?

“Former Topix User”

Since: Aug 07

Andover, NJ

#19 Sep 1, 2007
I decided to check back to see if the so-called "other half" of the story was posted yet. I'm not shocked to see that it wasn't.
Just Wondering

Allentown, PA

#20 Sep 1, 2007
What "other half"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown Fair Queen to be crowned Sunday Aug 23 silly rabbit 1
Pathmark Walnutport SOLD to Coligas SHOPRITE (Jul '12) Aug 4 Trspap 7
strong arm robbery in slatington behind turkey ... Aug 1 concerned citizen 1
News Baseball bat beating appeal denied Jun '15 farts forever 1
News Residents see influx of gypsy moths May '15 pesticides rule 1
News Slatington woman injured in Nesquehoning rollover Apr '15 CommSense 2
SCHLIECHER finances Challenge Petitions of othe... Apr '15 farmer john 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages