First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Suz

Allentown, PA

#1 Nov 27, 2008
Is it me or is this town eaten up with gossip? Does anyone realise how distuctive it is?
I don't want to know who is sleeping with who or what car someone is driving now or how they got the money for it....I don't want to hear who is working where or why or what problem people have with their kids....I don't want to know who has alcohol problems or how much their inheritance was!!!
IT IS NO ONES BUSINESS!!!!!!
Also...if you gossip about me make sure you got it right! My young son was spoken to for about 40 seconds before he got off of the school bus. The bus driver was asking him questions because another child had been tormenting my son. The neighborhood gossip sees him being talked to and ASSumes that he is being reprimanded for his own behavior!....So then she has the nerve to ask (in front of other people while I am not there)
"Oh, were you being bad again?"
Again?: he had never been in trouble in the first place!!! This is damaging to my son.
Can't people see how distructive gossip and nosiness are?
Just hoping that someone would begin to confront this somehow.
This is a great family town and let's support each other and each other's children....not distroy them!
really

Newton, NJ

#2 Dec 1, 2008
No, really,you CAN'T be from Palmerton. If there's even a remote POSSIBILITY a negative twist could be put on something, it'll be done there! Been here for years. Watch new people get chewed up and spit out by this town just for fun. Sad place.
Gary P

Redwood City, CA

#3 Dec 2, 2008
really wrote:
No, really,you CAN'T be from Palmerton. If there's even a remote POSSIBILITY a negative twist could be put on something, it'll be done there! Been here for years. Watch new people get chewed up and spit out by this town just for fun. Sad place.
So true. Classic small town, small mindset. Former Palmertonians and current ones who are stuck there just need to read the posts on this website. The people are nasty. They trash all of their elected officals under fake names, trash a woman who has a husband fighting for his life. I could go on and on. A very sad place to live when constantly your under the microscopes of these unhappy losers sitting behind their computers trashing people.

“Peace Through Force!!”

Since: Aug 07

Northeast!!

#4 Dec 26, 2008
Aww, come on. We all know Walnutport is an area, full of the dregs of society. Incest, inbreeding, safe-house for rats and just in general low lives that are trying to keep under cover!!!
Randy

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2009
Gossip is hate , it's a way for people who think they are decent to destroy and harm someone they have a negative judgment about or don't particularly like for whatever misguided reason. They act as if it's an innocent thing and that they are just passing on what someone else told them and for some unjustifiable reason, believe it to be true. Even though they know that they don't really know for sure if it is true or not but it's a way for them to inflict pain onto the target of their covert hatred.
It's 100 % indefensible by their target and they know it; they know exactly what they are doing when they perpetuate the lie and that it can never be taken back once it's said. This is a sorry thing and what makes it truly sad is that it's most people who do it; not just a few. From what I've been a witness to in the last 20 or so years of my life, it seems to be the American way, where ever you go, big city, work- place, small town, it doesn't matter, the hate is everywhere and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it, there is no good left in the world only hateful people trying to pass themselves off as decent and caring, they are the true lie. The true spirit of this county is not about good and decent people or the land of the brave. Gossips are cowards and love to humiliate and inflict pain, their is nothing brave or honorable about that.
sadlytrue

East Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Apr 20, 2009
Randy wrote:
Gossip is hate , it's a way for people who think they are decent to destroy and harm someone they have a negative judgment about or don't particularly like for whatever misguided reason. They act as if it's an innocent thing and that they are just passing on what someone else told them and for some unjustifiable reason, believe it to be true. Even though they know that they don't really know for sure if it is true or not but it's a way for them to inflict pain onto the target of their covert hatred.
... This is a sorry thing and what makes it truly sad is that it's most people who do it; not just a few....Gossips are cowards and love to humiliate and inflict pain, their is nothing brave or honorable about that.
Hate seems to be the common thread, especially in this area. Doesn't matter how old you are, what you have lived through in your life, rich or poor. I think most of the people in the hater posts are just sad or frustrated about their own lives, jealous of others, and don't know how, or want to change their own lives, so they hate others. Take a good look at the posts and see who they target- someone who's struggling or has been kind to someone else. Some just belong to the club because their friends hate. They're destroying what could be a truly beautiful place. Maybe after time, things will turn around.
Jealous losers

AOL

#7 Feb 3, 2010
I know of one fmaily who is so afraid of ogssip that they pretend to only have one disabled daughter eansted of 3. They let one come home for
Easter and christmas and then the rest the time she lives in a state run home. The other tow daughters are never allowed to come home beaucse thier mother and father dont want the small town gossips to know they have 3 disabled daughtrs and not just the one.Its very sad beacuse the duaghterss are very sweet and want to be a aprt of thier family but they are growing old all alone in diffrent sate run homes. I tried to give them some gifts at chritmas and they got realy mad at me for it and sarted up gossip about me and tried to break up me and my boyfriend. what kind of people abondne sick famluymemebrs just for the sake of thier own imge. B-O-U=T=I=N-s.

Since: Sep 07

Palmerton

#8 Feb 6, 2010
Oh come on, get over it. Palmerton is a small town like any other small town. You go to any other small town in any part of the country you will have the exact same thing. I always said the best thing about a small town is that everybody knows you....and the worst thing about a small town is that everybody knows you.
If you don't want small town mentality, move to the city. Simple as that. We are who we are.
Belle

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2010
Gary P wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. Classic small town, small mindset. Former Palmertonians and current ones who are stuck there just need to read the posts on this website. The people are nasty. They trash all of their elected officals under fake names, trash a woman who has a husband fighting for his life. I could go on and on. A very sad place to live when constantly your under the microscopes of these unhappy losers sitting behind their computers trashing people.
How does someone from Belmont, CA know anything about Palmerton, PA--I lived in Palmerton, now in San Jose, CA and no matter where you live you can find nasty people--not just Palmerton--insecure, fearful, people with little to do of interest gossip--it's a mindset
stvode

East Stroudsburg, PA

#10 Mar 22, 2010
Debs S wrote:
Oh come on, get over it. Palmerton is a small town like any other small town. You go to any other small town in any part of the country you will have the exact same thing. I always said the best thing about a small town is that everybody knows you....and the worst thing about a small town is that everybody knows you.
If you don't want small town mentality, move to the city. Simple as that. We are who we are.
I agree, that small towns are just that - small towns. Unfortunately, that is also usually the mindset as well. Plamerton doesn't NEED to follow the expected path of being a gossipy, negative little town. I believe that if people want to, they can change themselves, their town and the feeling that others get when they meet. Isn't it easier to be kind to someone, then to hate them because they don't contribute to your hate/gossip group? Sadly, these are the same people who stand outside of church trashing others. I think Palmerton could be a welcoming, more friendly place if people start standing up to those who are mean, nasty and jealous of others because they hate their own lives. Someday Palmerton and its image will change, once those few sad people lose support of others. Until then, we can only try to make our own small changes, one person at a time.
souper

East Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Mar 22, 2010
stvode wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, that small towns are just that - small towns. Unfortunately, that is also usually the mindset as well. Plamerton doesn't NEED to follow the expected path of being a gossipy, negative little town. I believe that if people want to, they can change themselves, their town and the feeling that others get when they meet. Isn't it easier to be kind to someone, then to hate them because they don't contribute to your hate/gossip group? Sadly, these are the same people who stand outside of church trashing others. I think Palmerton could be a welcoming, more friendly place if people start standing up to those who are mean, nasty and jealous of others because they hate their own lives. Someday Palmerton and its image will change, once those few sad people lose support of others. Until then, we can only try to make our own small changes, one person at a time.
Good luck with that
Jane

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#12 Apr 4, 2012
I moved to a small town in the Northeast 11 years ago. I grew up in the midwest,and spent most of my adult life in the south.I never lived in a rural area until i moved to this small town. The people here slander each other.I don't have anything to do with their gossip. I drive 20 miles away from here to a bigger town to talk to people and make friends. I thought when i moved here people would be kind and friendly.Boy...was i wrong. They hate outsiders!! I find this very narrow minded. All i have to say about about people that gossip is IF THEY WILL DO IT WITH YOU ....THEY WILL DO IT TO YOU!!
cntryby

Elizabethtown, PA

#13 Apr 7, 2012
stvode wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend used to live in Palmerton and when we walked in town, they were real proud to tell you how they hate outsiders.The place was really beautiful, but the people are nasty. I think they're just jealous and are afraid people will find out how narrowminded and hateful they really are. Come on, to watch kids with handicaps get beaten up on, and to drive a family out of town, while they're on the brink of failure because of the husband's condition, are perfect examples. Really pretty place as long as you dont talk to the people. From what I see, the good people are leaving faster than you can count. Its a shame, but they like it that way. That gene pool cant be bigger than a puddle.
LargoGirl

Bradenton, FL

#14 Apr 22, 2012
Jealous losers wrote:
I know of one fmaily who is so afraid of ogssip that they pretend to only have one disabled daughter eansted of 3. They let one come home for
Easter and christmas and then the rest the time she lives in a state run home. The other tow daughters are never allowed to come home beaucse thier mother and father dont want the small town gossips to know they have 3 disabled daughtrs and not just the one.Its very sad beacuse the duaghterss are very sweet and want to be a aprt of thier family but they are growing old all alone in diffrent sate run homes. I tried to give them some gifts at chritmas and they got realy mad at me for it and sarted up gossip about me and tried to break up me and my boyfriend. what kind of people abondne sick famluymemebrs just for the sake of thier own imge. B-O-U=T=I=N-s.

It truly is a shame if this story is true. To deny your children and not have them home with you on holidays because of what people may say is ludicrous!!! I would not allow fear of gossip to control my life like that. I would bring my kids home and be proud of them. Let the neighbors talk, so what. You're so afraid of gossip that you would deny you children holiday time with their family. Let them talk all they want, they are narrowminded. And if they started gossip about you, it sounds like they aren't much better than the other people.
Vinny

Colver, PA

#15 Apr 22, 2012
What do you expect,you live in the Teabagger capital of North East Pennsylvania.

Since: Apr 12

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 22, 2012
drill instructor wrote:
Aww, come on. We all know Walnutport is an area, full of the dregs of society. Incest, inbreeding, safe-house for rats and just in general low lives that are trying to keep under cover!!!
must have been from there..huh.you seem to know the area!!!

Since: Apr 12

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 22, 2012
you must have been from there since you seem to know the area?
Tara McFarland

Lehighton, PA

#18 May 6, 2012
This town is COMPLETELY taken over by gossip!!! It's ridiculous!! People, like myself, a former drug addict who has been clean for 3+ years still get looks and whispers behind my back whenever I go out with my 7 year old daughter!! PLEASE PEOPLE CAN CHANGE!! It is possible!! Please, move onto the next "big thing" and leave me alone! And I still hear from friends that other "friends" are supposedly still talking about me! I thought that once I was arrested 3 years ago, this would pass in time. Well, ENOUGH TIME HAS PASSED! Give it a rest!!
Sorry I had to vent!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19 May 9, 2012
humans are the most evil creatures on this planet... no matter where you live small town or big city.
sanny

Wilburton, PA

#20 Jul 24, 2012
So,Williamsport is dealing with another shooting death and today it was announced that a hocky team named the Outlaws will be playing at Memorial Park.

Can we have it both ways?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
strong arm robbery in slatington behind turkey ... (Aug '15) Jun 27 Regina local artist 2
Opening art gallery Jun 27 Regina local artist 1
News Carbon County Personnel Jun 26 lazy bass turd 1
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) May '16 Nudist 29 165
News Towamensing Township Man Asked Woman For Ride T... (Dec '07) May '16 vote Trump 28
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
News Hiking trails (Jun '13) Mar '16 double aught buck... 2

Walnutport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages