Northern Lehigh looks at 3.3% tax inc...

Northern Lehigh looks at 3.3% tax increase

There are 4 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 15, 2008, titled Northern Lehigh looks at 3.3% tax increase. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The Northern Lehigh School District preliminary budget for 2008-09 contains a property tax increase of about 3.3 percent, less than initial proposals reviewed by the school board several weeks ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

wayne kucsan

Allentown, PA

#1 May 15, 2008
Regarding the Northern Lehigh School District article. In a budget of 29 million dollars, does the district think 46 thousand will really make a difference? Would the administrators like to work every Saturday for what is probably the lowest paid wage in the district? Everyone wants to use the facilities, but with these wants comes a cost. Why begrudge service professionals the opportunity to enhance their salary without having to lose every weekend away from their families without their choice. It seems Northern Lehigh cannot retain administrators, hence the leaving of their Business Manager and Superintendent. Is the Superintendent trying to send the district into more turmoil because he is leaving?
dollars and sense

Northampton, PA

#2 May 15, 2008
I just wonder if the tax increase is in addition to the $$ they are receiving from the "Gaming" dollars, or inclusive. Does anybody know?
billy barule

Slatington, PA

#3 May 15, 2008
cool, my NLSD school tax oughtta top 6K in the 2010/2011 school year. no industrial base, poor citizens, next to rich districts. hooray for me!
student

Pocono Summit, PA

#4 May 16, 2008
dr sham is moving on after many years with nlsd. his departure was announced nearly a year ago. nlsd cannot keep quality administrators because their school boards are oppositional to qualtiy leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) May 30 Nudist 29 165
News Towamensing Township Man Asked Woman For Ride T... (Dec '07) May '16 vote Trump 28
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
News Hiking trails (Jun '13) Mar '16 double aught buck... 2
News D&L trail marks 25 years (Aug '14) Mar '16 double aught buck... 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
News Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- t... (Oct '07) Mar '16 Veronica Vandersn... 259
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages