Lehigh Valley sees smaller turnout fo...

Lehigh Valley sees smaller turnout for opening of trout season

There are 19 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Lehigh Valley sees smaller turnout for opening of trout season. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Irvin Brandon covered his head with a hood to fight off the wind on the banks of the Walnutport Canal Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“Quit whining.......”

Since: Jun 07

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 5, 2009
It was very windy and miserable, but for those of us who braved the elements, it was a very successful day. Both of my children had their limit of 5 by 9:30 am, and I had 4. Everyone seemed to do very well yesterday.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

Kulpsville, PA

#2 Apr 5, 2009
crimefighter wrote:
It was very windy and miserable, but for those of us who braved the elements, it was a very successful day. Both of my children had their limit of 5 by 9:30 am, and I had 4. Everyone seemed to do very well yesterday.
OMG!!!! How have you been????

Good for you & your children haveing a great day of fishing!
ingrid

Slatington, PA

#3 Apr 5, 2009
for those that didn't catch fish, i'm sure you were able to catch a cold...
riverratbond

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Apr 5, 2009
So this is the spin Penna. Game comm. is putting out there as an excuse for stocking less fish this year.'There are less fishermen so we only stock that amount of fishies'. Ol Fast talking j#w Eddie can screw the middleclass once again & the Morning Call will validate it. what a rag!

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Apr 5, 2009
Fishing shoulder-to-shoulder for some fish that were just dumped in upstream?

Sounds real "outdoorsy".

“Cool Logic - Burning Passion”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 5, 2009
Fishing is a great relaxing pastime. However, not on first day unless you can elude the hordes.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Kulpsville, PA

#8 Apr 5, 2009
StaberDearth wrote:
Fishing is a great relaxing pastime. However, not on first day unless you can elude the hordes.
I love fishing! Hooking up the worm... ripping the guts out when the fish swallows the hook in too deep... But not first day... too crowded, too cold!
Fisherman Joe

Allentown, PA

#9 Apr 5, 2009
How many seasons do you think the public will pay for 8 inch stocked fish? 99% of the stocked fish are at that size. Read your ruler. I can catch them bigger in my fishtank in the living room of my house. Sorry but the math dont ad up. You can get 2 lbs. of salmon for 8 bux...hmmmm

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Tarnished Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!! How have you been????
Good for you & your children haveing a great day of fishing!
I am doing great, couldn't be better. Fishing has started, Baseball season is here....just waiting for the start of the summer bar-bq season....Life is good! I miss all the fun you and I used to have on here.

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
Fishing shoulder-to-shoulder for some fish that were just dumped in upstream?
Sounds real "outdoorsy".
It's all about the relaxation factor. In this day and age, everyone could use some now and then.

“Quit whining.......”

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 6, 2009
Fisherman Joe wrote:
How many seasons do you think the public will pay for 8 inch stocked fish? 99% of the stocked fish are at that size. Read your ruler. I can catch them bigger in my fishtank in the living room of my house. Sorry but the math dont ad up. You can get 2 lbs. of salmon for 8 bux...hmmmm
I will pay the license fee no matter what cost the F&G comm. puts it up to. It's a tradition for me since my father first took me when I was 4. I have passed that tradition onto my children, and every year they can't WAIT for the first day. It does not matter if we catch anything, they love spending time with their dad, catching fish just makes it sweeter.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Kulpsville, PA

#13 Apr 6, 2009
crimefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing great, couldn't be better. Fishing has started, Baseball season is here....just waiting for the start of the summer bar-bq season....Life is good! I miss all the fun you and I used to have on here.
That's great! It's good seeing you on Topix again.
We had some really good conversations and some of your posts would really make me laugh! It's always a pleasure. I remember your into the Philly's... I hope they have a good season.
Steve

Allentown, PA

#14 Apr 9, 2009
Bigger fish??? hmmm everywhere i went the fish were a lot smaller this year than last year, and i have several friends that have said the same thing. The first day i caught 20 fish prior to catching one that was 11 inches. People really exaggerate the sizes. Gotta love fish stories
mac 8

Fort Myers, FL

#15 Apr 15, 2009
All's I know, I don't know where they get the fish from, but they taste like white moss. Even when they are in the stream for a while, 99% of the time I practice catch and release. If you want good tasting fish, try Wegmans.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Kulpsville, PA

#16 Apr 15, 2009
mac 8 wrote:
All's I know, I don't know where they get the fish from, but they taste like white moss. Even when they are in the stream for a while, 99% of the time I practice catch and release. If you want good tasting fish, try Wegmans.
LOL...A few years ago I went salmon fishing up in New York, for 2 years I caught nothing... all that money for license, gas, lucky my friends had a camper so that was free, now if I want salmon I shop at Wegmans....
Lenny Brisco

Slatington, PA

#17 Apr 15, 2009
Tarnished Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...A few years ago I went salmon fishing up in New York, for 2 years I caught nothing... all that money for license, gas, lucky my friends had a camper so that was free, now if I want salmon I shop at Wegmans....
Maybe it was a bad year, there are cycles in fishing as well, sometimes the Chesepeake bay is good sometimes not. Go up there this year you will do well.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Kulpsville, PA

#18 Apr 15, 2009
Lenny Brisco wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it was a bad year, there are cycles in fishing as well, sometimes the Chesepeake bay is good sometimes not. Go up there this year you will do well.
Thanks, I never thought of the Chesepeake bay, I have to look into it.
Lenny Brisco

Slatington, PA

#19 Apr 15, 2009
Tarnished Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I never thought of the Chesepeake bay, I have to look into it.
Dont look to good there are sharks in there and bull fish and Cobia, Red and Black drums great fighting fish and good eating as well.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Kulpsville, PA

#20 Apr 15, 2009
Lenny Brisco wrote:
<quoted text>Dont look to good there are sharks in there and bull fish and Cobia, Red and Black drums great fighting fish and good eating as well.
Sounds great!! But after I get tired of fishing that means that I can't jump off of the boat and go swimming because of the sharks...:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palmerton Area teachers say no to report (Jun '07) Jan 12 Jack Mayhoffer 45
Lost dog Jan 3 Vlossak 1
Origin/history of Bowmanstown (May '08) Nov '16 SBowman 2
News D&L trail marks 25 years (Aug '14) Nov '16 Oliver T Obranslew 5
News Police say Allen Twp. meth lab busted (Jul '07) Nov '16 Jfg 3
Small town gossip (Nov '08) Sep '16 Jon 26
News Judicial candidates raised $357,000 for campaigns (Dec '07) Sep '16 silly rabbit 2

Walnutport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages