Palmerton man is charged in death -- ...

Palmerton man is charged in death -- themorningcall.com

There are 51 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 8, 2007, titled Palmerton man is charged in death -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 25-year-old Palmerton man accused in the fatal beating of an Easton man in a June melee in downtown Palmerton was charged Tuesday with manslaughter and additional counts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Aug 8, 2007
Really sad when you can't go out and about without a couple of worthless pieces of trash doing something like this. I think maximum charges should be filed against all of the assailants.(please don't tell me that 2 of them were "just kids." - this is way beyond just teens doing something dumb)
Rebus

Cicero, IL

#2 Aug 8, 2007
Use them for grenade practice, shove one up each of the a$$es and tell them to run Roscioli, Run! See how far they make it.
Concerned Palmertonian

Hamburg, NJ

#3 Aug 8, 2007
Regardless as to whether or not they're tried as adults, can a wrongful death civil suit be filed against the minors?

I wasn't sure how the legal process worked in this instance.

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#4 Aug 8, 2007
Even if this guy didn't "touch" Higgins, he certainly incited the whole thing by throwing the tea and providing alcohol. What's a guy his age doing hanging out on a corner with kids?

Those young men need to have the fear of God put in them, prison time for the 17 year old, or they will just continue in their bad ways.
Joe Thompson

Keyport, NJ

#5 Aug 8, 2007
All I have to say is good for them. This man did not deserve to be assulted. The fact that this assualt resulted in this man's death is tragic. The people who did this thought they were tough, well we'll see how tough they are in 10- 15 years. Unless people are charged and held accountable than others will think it's alright. People need to keep their hands to themselves. That is called a civalized socitey.
Veteran

United States

#6 Aug 8, 2007
10 years max for this bastard???!!!
What a fcking joke!!!!
let him loose and we'll give him the punishment he deserves!!!!
Foster

Northampton, PA

#7 Aug 9, 2007
Amazing, you get the same amount of time for murder as you do drug charges. Oh yes and that thing called good behavior, what are we actually looking at here? 8 years maybe less. It breaks my heart and I never had a belief in the judicial system. It has failed us time and time again. Just look at the child pedophilia laws. Some people just get probation for ruining someone's life. The only thing I envy about foreign laws is an eye for an eye, as many will see it as uncivilized, but how can we be civilized if our children, the future of our country, has no respect for laws or other people? This will not deter anyone. Murder is Murder. When you pick on a 63 year old man, most people know that he would have some type of health issues. Premeditated or not...it was premeditated as soon as they knocked him down. Karma is awful, I hope that 25 year old will never be allowed NEAR his children. If something like that raises them, hate breeds hate. Disrespect breeds disrespect. Let them rot in hell or jail. All of them. Its proven time and time again, evil cannot be rehabilitated.
chester

Northampton, PA

#8 Aug 9, 2007
Manslaughter? Murder is murder. It was premeditated, and those fcks are going to do less then their actual term, they'll be such bitches in prison...they'll release them for feeling sorry for them. Let them rot. Those pieces of shit should get the full extent of our justice system. I feel sorry for them if they get out early, there's plenty of people waiting patiently in line to serve the proper justice. Cause come on now as Newton stated: for every action there is an opposite or equal reaction. so lets hope they're not surprised when some angry folks pay them a visit.
pHiLLYBoi

Luzerne, PA

#9 Aug 9, 2007
hahaha..u know i love this...shit happens..it sucks what about to the too low life kids that were with him the night where the bashing of them...lets hang them....did u all not hear what happen to my UNCLE(joe roscioli) to black eyes 30 stiches broken nose? know u all hear about some guy getting killed and you have know life but too sit on a computer and post ur pointless opinion..HANG EM Skin head Slime ball Scum bag..grow up..and the DUDE from ATLANTA whoposted a comment..were u wering a VICK jersey whyu posted this,..back to the topic at hand...if u all could read the second push cause him top hit his head... and who pushed him down the second time? what provoked it to begiun with.. you dont no...soo bite ur tounge..if you dont got anything nice to say dont say anthing.shit happens..life sucks...i sympathilize with the family and im SOOO SORRY FOR your lost.. and if i was in the sons postion and this happen to my father i would be going to jail for killing the kids.. but u all wanna crusify my uncle and u forget to mention the drunk underage hard-asses with him..u forget innocent to proven guilty... u know what i think!!! if he GETS A GOOD LAWYER he will walk away with a slap on the wrist..TOO MANY LOOP HOLES..scattered facts..GOOD LAWYER ..hmm i know he will get a good lawyer with his family support....soo if u dont like me BITE me....fase the facts..say what u want but know what u say is pointless and a waste of energy..see why u all sit on here posted comments about what hould..imgonna go help him get a lawyer and walk away..sorry thats the way life is..grab a hot pocket..can of soda..and bash away..just lik u all bash bush...but vote for him...u dont the facts.soo ayy more power too u good luck...hope nothing happens to ur keyboard bcus iw ould hate t see u guys bored!!!!..
sincerely yours his nephew
and justice for all

Northampton, PA

#10 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
hahaha..u know i love this...shit happens..it sucks what about to the too low life kids that were with him the night where the bashing of them...lets hang them....did u all not hear what happen to my UNCLE(joe roscioli) to black eyes 30 stiches broken nose? know u all hear about some guy getting killed and you have know life but too sit on a computer and post ur pointless opinion..HANG EM Skin head Slime ball Scum bag..grow up..and the DUDE from ATLANTA whoposted a comment..were u wering a VICK jersey whyu posted this,..back to the topic at hand...if u all could read the second push cause him top hit his head... and who pushed him down the second time? what provoked it to begiun with.. you dont no...soo bite ur tounge..if you dont got anything nice to say dont say anthing.shit happens..life sucks...i sympathilize with the family and im SOOO SORRY FOR your lost.. and if i was in the sons postion and this happen to my father i would be going to jail for killing the kids.. but u all wanna crusify my uncle and u forget to mention the drunk underage hard-asses with him..u forget innocent to proven guilty... u know what i think!!! if he GETS A GOOD LAWYER he will walk away with a slap on the wrist..TOO MANY LOOP HOLES..scattered facts..GOOD LAWYER ..hmm i know he will get a good lawyer with his family support....soo if u dont like me BITE me....fase the facts..say what u want but know what u say is pointless and a waste of energy..see why u all sit on here posted comments about what hould..imgonna go help him get a lawyer and walk away..sorry thats the way life is..grab a hot pocket..can of soda..and bash away..just lik u all bash bush...but vote for him...u dont the facts.soo ayy more power too u good luck...hope nothing happens to ur keyboard bcus iw ould hate t see u guys bored!!!!..
sincerely yours his nephew
You're just one more person to kill with the whole Roscioli family...ha....nice..thanks for your opinion...oh yea BTW all your money will be going to the Higgins'....Civil suits are a bitch...and hey how about u sitting on the comp trying to act tough wasting ur time posting ur worthless opinion...Roscioli will die regardless..remember that sh*t and so will those low life's.....so say bye bye to uncle.....but do it when the barrel is pointing down your throat...u have no clue F*CKER.....grenades is too easy for him.....a slow painful rotting death will suffice....I will ALWAYS know where he's at.....thats not a threat thats just truth B*tch....his lil kiddies will grow up fatherless....and the blood will be on his hands....
chester

Northampton, PA

#11 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
hahaha..u know i love this...shit happens..it sucks what about to the too low life kids that were with him the night where the bashing of them...lets hang them....did u all not hear what happen to my UNCLE(joe roscioli) to black eyes 30 stiches broken nose? know u all hear about some guy getting killed and you have know life but too sit on a computer and post ur pointless opinion..HANG EM Skin head Slime ball Scum bag..grow up..and the DUDE from ATLANTA whoposted a comment..were u wering a VICK jersey whyu posted this,..back to the topic at hand...if u all could read the second push cause him top hit his head... and who pushed him down the second time? what provoked it to begiun with.. you dont no...soo bite ur tounge..if you dont got anything nice to say dont say anthing.shit happens..life sucks...i sympathilize with the family and im SOOO SORRY FOR your lost.. and if i was in the sons postion and this happen to my father i would be going to jail for killing the kids.. but u all wanna crusify my uncle and u forget to mention the drunk underage hard-asses with him..u forget innocent to proven guilty... u know what i think!!! if he GETS A GOOD LAWYER he will walk away with a slap on the wrist..TOO MANY LOOP HOLES..scattered facts..GOOD LAWYER ..hmm i know he will get a good lawyer with his family support....soo if u dont like me BITE me....fase the facts..say what u want but know what u say is pointless and a waste of energy..see why u all sit on here posted comments about what hould..imgonna go help him get a lawyer and walk away..sorry thats the way life is..grab a hot pocket..can of soda..and bash away..just lik u all bash bush...but vote for him...u dont the facts.soo ayy more power too u good luck...hope nothing happens to ur keyboard bcus iw ould hate t see u guys bored!!!!..
sincerely yours his nephew
first off you need a grammar lesson you stupid shit...good to see the intelligence goes deep in the roscioli family. y'all are dumbasses. yup i sure do have time to sit here an write my opinion just waiting on the court dates and what not to find out what you jackasses look like. i'm definately not bored, just getting anxious. what the hell are you doing sitting on the computer? did the library turn it on for you or did mommy and daddy say you were big enough? remember incest is a crime as well, so stop f*ck*ng your mom and touching your dad. sincerly, an anxious friend.
Elissa

Northampton, PA

#12 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
hahaha..u know i love this...shit happens..it sucks what about to the too low life kids that were with him the night where the bashing of them...lets hang them....did u all not hear what happen to my UNCLE(joe roscioli) to black eyes 30 stiches broken nose? know u all hear about some guy getting killed and you have know life but too sit on a computer and post ur pointless opinion..HANG EM Skin head Slime ball Scum bag..grow up..and the DUDE from ATLANTA whoposted a comment..were u wering a VICK jersey whyu posted this,..back to the topic at hand...if u all could read the second push cause him top hit his head... and who pushed him down the second time? what provoked it to begiun with.. you dont no...soo bite ur tounge..if you dont got anything nice to say dont say anthing.shit happens..life sucks...i sympathilize with the family and im SOOO SORRY FOR your lost.. and if i was in the sons postion and this happen to my father i would be going to jail for killing the kids.. but u all wanna crusify my uncle and u forget to mention the drunk underage hard-asses with him..u forget innocent to proven guilty... u know what i think!!! if he GETS A GOOD LAWYER he will walk away with a slap on the wrist..TOO MANY LOOP HOLES..scattered facts..GOOD LAWYER ..hmm i know he will get a good lawyer with his family support....soo if u dont like me BITE me....fase the facts..say what u want but know what u say is pointless and a waste of energy..see why u all sit on here posted comments about what hould..imgonna go help him get a lawyer and walk away..sorry thats the way life is..grab a hot pocket..can of soda..and bash away..just lik u all bash bush...but vote for him...u dont the facts.soo ayy more power too u good luck...hope nothing happens to ur keyboard bcus iw ould hate t see u guys bored!!!!..
sincerely yours his nephew
This is Jim Higgins daughter, what you say is heartless. He had a few injuries and my dad is dead. He FURNISHED the alcohol to the minors. Thats why they were drunk. Yes I am upset with the kids as well with your uncle, rightfully so. I hope your uncle will have justiced served in the court of law but if he doesn't karma is an awful thing and he will always have to live with the fact he killed someone. I never deserved any of this. I wasn't looking for trouble, throwing iced tea bottles and 3 guys ganging up on an old man. Thats cowardice no matter what was said. After the first knock down or so you say? Are you getting your information from murderers? Thats not reliable. But I am going to take the high road. I am going to pray for you and your family and that justice will be served. I LOVED my father with all my heart, he was my best friend, my protector, and my everything,I may be naive, but just because your uncle killed my father he will not destroy and kill me as well. God Bless.
P.S. I do have a lot of time on my hands. The reason I lived is gone.
pHiLLYBoi

Luzerne, PA

#13 Aug 9, 2007
BTW...wow u remind me of that grown ass man in that verizon commercial texted....everything u said u repeated 50 times..ur a moron..all or our money haha what did u get that fact of the judical system from LAW and ORDER...or was CSI....i bet uwatch BOSTON LEGAL... he will die..hmmm considering thier is no death pently.. and last time i checked.....manslaughter is 20 to lif...so 15 with good behavior a slap on the wrist..but with the ppl we know.... and te lawyer we can get or find... he will serve 6-12 months for buying underage kids alcohol..and u sound sooo humane.. his little kiddies.ha soo lets laugh at thier misfortune..your all grown upp..justice for all....hmm didnt judge jusy say that.. like i said my opinions were facts.. we talked to cops..the press..the guy who wrote the article.. 5 different ppl..who know thier shit...soo im prety confident....u know what i mean..and im one more to kill that a threat? from a person who all about justice and the right thing.hmm contradicting..and bitch and F*uck hmm ur the one trying to sound tough and acting like a hardass...like i sad i be tu have coperal tunnel..from typing soo much and only on this forun topic because WAR of the WORLDS dont star to 830 and the /11 conspricacy group is at 12 soo i will let u amuse yourslef... your BFF..loser ha
pHiLLYBoi

Luzerne, PA

#14 Aug 9, 2007
anxious huh..like a said bored..and u probally play war of the worlds with the other punk i just responded too.. has far has intelligence goes .. easton pa is high up there on education right... where u at know ... did te dollar store promote u yet..ha..from a person u said Y'all//intelligence guess the english teacher forgot that contraction....ur pathetic..waiting on the court date haha... wow small time people... did MAMA ring the dinner bell yet or didnt papa get back with the road kill.....like i said sitting in front of your computer too old fr myspace..toougly for matchmaker..too dumb for eharmony..so timesleader next best thing mayber u can impress the farmers sister by expression ur opinions on the morning call ha
pHiLLYBoi

Luzerne, PA

#15 Aug 9, 2007
i understand what u mean and im not saying he dont deserve what he gets..but aside from you a bunch of nobodies talking bout somthing they no nothing about... the second push was in the paper..im sorry for your lost ur suffering if i could btake it all back and have it soo ur life was never affected i would in heartbeat..not for my uncle but 4 u and ur family
Kim Roscioli

Luzerne, PA

#16 Aug 9, 2007
chester wrote:
Manslaughter? Murder is murder. It was premeditated, and those fcks are going to do less then their actual term, they'll be such bitches in prison...they'll release them for feeling sorry for them. Let them rot. Those pieces of shit should get the full extent of our justice system. I feel sorry for them if they get out early, there's plenty of people waiting patiently in line to serve the proper justice. Cause come on now as Newton stated: for every action there is an opposite or equal reaction. so lets hope they're not surprised when some angry folks pay them a visit.
You're right...murder is murder......but I don't think throwing an iced tea bottle at car was premeditation for killing someone. Who are you kidding???
Elissa

Northampton, PA

#17 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
i understand what u mean and im not saying he dont deserve what he gets..but aside from you a bunch of nobodies talking bout somthing they no nothing about... the second push was in the paper..im sorry for your lost ur suffering if i could btake it all back and have it soo ur life was never affected i would in heartbeat..not for my uncle but 4 u and ur family
Thank You...all I ask of you, please pray for peace for my family, we're losing everything..:-( and I will pray for peace for yours...God Bless
Veteran

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
anxious huh..like a said bored..and u probally play war of the worlds with the other punk i just responded too.. has far has intelligence goes .. easton pa is high up there on education right... where u at know ... did te dollar store promote u yet..ha..from a person u said Y'all//intelligence guess the english teacher forgot that contraction....ur pathetic..waiting on the court date haha... wow small time people... did MAMA ring the dinner bell yet or didnt papa get back with the road kill.....like i said sitting in front of your computer too old fr myspace..toougly for matchmaker..too dumb for eharmony..so timesleader next best thing mayber u can impress the farmers sister by expression ur opinions on the morning call ha
You've made one point totally clear...your entire family is made up of a*sholes!!!
chester

Northampton, PA

#19 Aug 9, 2007
pHiLLYBoi wrote:
anxious huh..like a said bored..and u probally play war of the worlds with the other punk i just responded too.. has far has intelligence goes .. easton pa is high up there on education right... where u at know ... did te dollar store promote u yet..ha..from a person u said Y'all//intelligence guess the english teacher forgot that contraction....ur pathetic..waiting on the court date haha... wow small time people... did MAMA ring the dinner bell yet or didnt papa get back with the road kill.....like i said sitting in front of your computer too old fr myspace..toougly for matchmaker..too dumb for eharmony..so timesleader next best thing mayber u can impress the farmers sister by expression ur opinions on the morning call ha
since we're going back and forth, you gotta realize you're trying to compare your ignorant "philly" ass, try making sense with your comebacks. i'm not trying to group the justice system with my sense of justice is far from the same as this country. eye for an eye is my opinion, he should get the same beating but aww the poor baby got some stitches and black eye. what about the higgins family? they lost a husband, father, grandfather. no comparison. tell his husband in jail to take care of him since he's too irresponsible to be home taking care of his kids...i do feel sorry for them and his wife but in a difference way, at least he's not bringing them down with him.

“Quit whining.......”

Since: Jun 07

Landenberg, PA

#20 Aug 9, 2007
Concerned Palmertonian wrote:
Regardless as to whether or not they're tried as adults, can a wrongful death civil suit be filed against the minors?
I wasn't sure how the legal process worked in this instance.
They can be charged as co-conspirators in the death, but once they turn 18, their records are automatically expunged. Then only family and friends will know what actually took place in their lives as a juvenile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnutport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Sunny Rest nudist resort, vacationers unload... (Nov '07) Mon Nudist 29 165
News Towamensing Township Man Asked Woman For Ride T... (Dec '07) May 11 vote Trump 28
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
News Hiking trails (Jun '13) Mar '16 double aught buck... 2
News D&L trail marks 25 years (Aug '14) Mar '16 double aught buck... 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
News Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- t... (Oct '07) Mar '16 Veronica Vandersn... 259
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnutport Mortgages