Running for WR Council
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Can t Be Fooled

United States

#103 Oct 29, 2012
Also, has anyone noticed that Jeff Taylor said in the newspaper that he has lived here two years but he is still driving with TEXAS plates on both of his vehicles??? Funny! And you know, I remember all the money J R Rogers took while he was mayor including trips to Chicago in city owned vehicles, the city euipment in the Mexican Restaurant that he ended up getting for a song from city reuse money. I remember the golf cart his mayor wife sold for $100, Also what happened to the "antique" car that use to set up on Main Street by the railroad that was just a show toy without any working parts that he gave nearly $10,000 for but disappeared before the Mrs. left office. And if what I hear is true about him not paying in any retirement but will get $20,000 per year for life if he gets elected to the council due to some ordianance is enough to make be puke. What a waste!!! I say put an end to this foolishness on November 6.
Local

Jonesboro, AR

#104 Oct 29, 2012
Big Question Mark wrote:
Is Jeff Taylor the one that was suppose to tear down the old house over on west Walnut Street?
Yea the one he got paid for and never did the work!
Archer

Jonesboro, AR

#105 Oct 29, 2012
Can t Be Fooled wrote:
Also, has anyone noticed that Jeff Taylor said in the newspaper that he has lived here two years but he is still driving with TEXAS plates on both of his vehicles??? Funny! And you know, I remember all the money J R Rogers took while he was mayor including trips to Chicago in city owned vehicles, the city euipment in the Mexican Restaurant that he ended up getting for a song from city reuse money. I remember the golf cart his mayor wife sold for $100, Also what happened to the "antique" car that use to set up on Main Street by the railroad that was just a show toy without any working parts that he gave nearly $10,000 for but disappeared before the Mrs. left office. And if what I hear is true about him not paying in any retirement but will get $20,000 per year for life if he gets elected to the council due to some ordianance is enough to make be puke. What a waste!!! I say put an end to this foolishness on November 6.
I find it ironic that you only mention Jeff Taylor and JR Rogers supposed wrong doings, but you don't mention Dan Ellison or CL Clark or Larry King or Boyce Dixon, why do you think that is? Dan Ellison was too busy chasing skirts to do his job as Sheriff, CL lark is and has always been a crook, if he don't get a bid on something he causes as much trouble as he can. I heard he's the reason the new restaurant going in the old Moore Bros. building was ceased from doing work because he was making a stink about the concrete that was poured since he didn't get the job. Larry King is a know it all big mouth who will be one of House's yes men. And Boyce Dixon is a relative of Don House and will be another yes man for the Mayor. I wish some other churches would get involved in politics we're being taken over by the Church of Christ!
Bowzer

Jonesboro, AR

#106 Oct 29, 2012
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea the one he got paid for and never did the work!
I heard Don House talked him into running because Jeff was the one reporting to Don House about all the goings on at Higginbotham funeral home when they were having problems before the new folks bought it out. He don't know S--T about city government! His ad in the paper this week was pathetic. I didn't read a thing about what he's going to do, he just wrote a biography of his whole damn life. I don't give two shits if he bought his bell bottom blue jeans from Slick at Wilcoxson's!! What he needs to do is get a job and stop free-loading on his girlfriend. If she had any sense she would kick hs ass the curb!
Sunshine

United States

#107 Oct 29, 2012
It is a shame that we have no better choice than Ellison and Helicopter Wallin running for the same council seat.
johnny

United States

#108 Oct 29, 2012
C.L. Definitely fits the Mayor House mold.....What can the city do for me?" Hell...he is the sole contractor for the airport! That's BS!
Bowser

Jonesboro, AR

#109 Oct 30, 2012
Bowzer wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Don House talked him into running because Jeff was the one reporting to Don House about all the goings on at Higginbotham funeral home when they were having problems before the new folks bought it out. He don't know S--T about city government! His ad in the paper this week was pathetic. I didn't read a thing about what he's going to do, he just wrote a biography of his whole damn life. I don't give two shits if he bought his bell bottom blue jeans from Slick at Wilcoxson's!! What he needs to do is get a job and stop free-loading on his girlfriend. If she had any sense she would kick hs ass the curb!
More to add is Jeff Taylor has a arrest record for domestic violence, that's probably why she's hanging in there. Too scared to leave.
Friend

Jonesboro, AR

#110 Oct 30, 2012
Why is this stuff being written
Voted

Little Rock, AR

#111 Oct 30, 2012
I voted AGAINST JR Rogers today. I voted for Dixon, Ellison, and Clark. I am so tired of JR going around as a bully in town. Hope he takes all his junk and gets out of town. Let him retire on someone else's dollar-- not on the people he has taken advantage of for years.
johnny

United States

#112 Oct 30, 2012
Voted wrote:
I voted AGAINST JR Rogers today. I voted for Dixon, Ellison, and Clark. I am so tired of JR going around as a bully in town. Hope he takes all his junk and gets out of town. Let him retire on someone else's dollar-- not on the people he has taken advantage of for years.
I would expect you also voted for Obama!
William

United States

#113 Oct 31, 2012
I will vote today for Dixon and Ellison. I've had enough of the skinin Rogers and Wallin have given our city while touting how good they are. We paid through the nose for having Rogers as mayor and for having Helicopter Wallin on the council. Walnut Ridge can't afford their high price skeamin. Rogers wants that $20,000 per year for life retirement when he didn't even pay in any retirement. That is criminal.
Neighbor

United States

#114 Oct 31, 2012
A man that that is succeesful at WHAT? A business that has no customers. A bunch of old buildings that blight the town, an old shopping center that doesn't meet state codes and a junk yard that is a blight to the center of town. I say we don't need another rat in the mix, I will nix JR next Tuesday.
Voter

Little Rock, AR

#115 Oct 31, 2012
Vote for JR now that's a heck of an idea lets vote for the guy that has broke the city in the past not to mention turned half of the town in to a junk yard. He is in this race for two reasons 1 self gain for retirement 2 because he as a axe to grind. That is not what we need we need people that are willing to work together for a better Walnut Ridge not tear it apart. By the way has anyone noticed where some of the storage trailers from hoxie have wound up? Just look around JR's plaza now that's just what Walnut Ridge needs to grow a little more junk. And FYI I am not kin to anyone involved in this mess I am a voter and have no axe to grind or nothing to gain I just care about our city.
Excuse me

Jonesboro, AR

#116 Oct 31, 2012
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
More to add is Jeff Taylor has a arrest record for domestic violence, that's probably why she's hanging in there. Too scared to leave.
I work for a company that gets free background checks. Jeff Taylor, has "No Record" of arrests. Your comment is slander.
You are an idiot, with nothing else to do with your miserable life.
our only hope

United States

#117 Oct 31, 2012
I can assure you that JR will not sit quietly and allow the nonsense of the city to continue. He has received my family's 3 votes already. If you really care about WR, you will vote for him as well. if you are satisfied with the way Don House is managing the city, Dixon is your man.
VoterWR72476

Little Rock, AR

#118 Oct 31, 2012
our only hope wrote:
I can assure you that JR will not sit quietly and allow the nonsense of the city to continue. He has received my family's 3 votes already. If you really care about WR, you will vote for him as well. if you are satisfied with the way Don House is managing the city, Dixon is your man.
That is such a joke. We found another JR brainwashed supporter. Well, Jr will get three votes-- it won't be a total shut-out. If JR wins, will you pay his $20,000 per year retirement for the city? It's a no-brainer, get rid of JR Rogers.
Helicopter Deal

United States

#119 Nov 1, 2012
What about that bad helicopter deal that cost the city thousands of dollars? Wasn't that made by that Wallin guy?
Amazed

Oakland, TN

#120 Jan 8, 2013
wasper wrote:
<quoted text>
This city was in better financial shape during all Rogers administrations than it is right now. Audits were done, so stop your BS! Do people not see that Mayor house has tried to stack the deck? He wants Dixon and Ellison in to be yes men. House and Clark are thick too. Dixon will always side with his step son Robbie Combs. Combs and Windy Jones have been trained by House to obey his wishes. If you Really care about the city's future you will vote King- Wallin-Rogers. BTW- House persuaded Pinkston and Winfrey too, whom are getting a position with no effort.
Obviously you do not know Dan Ellison. He has never been anyone's yes man.
House Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#121 Jan 11, 2013
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do not know Dan Ellison. He has never been anyone's yes man.
You're right, he's always been an arrogant know-it-all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 min Reality Check 41,498
pizza hut in wr (Feb '12) 45 min Guest 50
Fatal shooting on 91 1 hr Idk 6
Selfies 4 hr Time to eat 13
Carla Hancock (Feb '13) 5 hr Watchout 11
Old Country Store 8 hr guest 7
Stilger 11 hr Truth 7

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnut Ridge Mortgages