Walnut Ridge choir
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Hi I'm a student at Jonesboro High School and I am in choir and my parents said we might be movin to Walnut Ridge maybe next month or maybe not til next year, but anyways just wanted to know what choir is like there. And if they have a cool choir teacher. Thanx :)
xman

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 13, 2013
it's fine.
what the heck

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Your parents are making a mistake moving you to Walnut Ridge. Nothing here for young people!
guestz

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 13, 2013
what the heck wrote:
Your parents are making a mistake moving you to Walnut Ridge. Nothing here for young people!
Or they could stay in Jonesboro and hang out at a Dollar General.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Ummmm ok so the only response is "its fine" I kinda wanted to know more details. I have been in choir 3 years and really love it, made all region and everything and was just hoping the choir there does as much as JHS. We do a lot!! Also wanted to know if the choir teacher is cool or whatever.

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Go to the school for info! Not this trashy web site!
Jane

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 13, 2013
This is not some child wanting info on a school she is going to attend, this is some idiot trying to get people to trash WR Choir and Darlene Flippo. If people do it they are as bad as the one asking.

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 13, 2013
No, it is not as good as JHS...just a fact, no trashing.
seriously

Shreveport, LA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Jane wrote:
This is not some child wanting info on a school she is going to attend, this is some idiot trying to get people to trash WR Choir and Darlene Flippo. If people do it they are as bad as the one asking.
Her name is Darlene Moore, not Flippo!
xman

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 14, 2013
darlene has beaucoups years experience, choir has brand new rehearsal hall, wrhs choir has been excellent since clara wier was the director decades ago.
you want to know more go to the school and meet with those involved.
like i said...it's fine.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Ummm no I'm not tryin to stir up trouble, seriously guys, just wanted to know about the choir and stuff. And for your information I did go to the Walnut Ridge School site and the choir teacher really has nothing on her page so I couldn't find any information about them!!! I just wanted to see what choir would be like there if I moved there, that is all. Thank you xman for the info!!! I would go to the school but I don't drive so don't have a way to get there :(
Sixties Bobcat

United States

#12 Jan 16, 2013
WRHS has a fine choral program. For a school their size it is real good.
Erica

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Jan 19, 2013
In the Spring, I would like to suggest an out door street concert on Abbey Road at Beatle Park.
WR Alum

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 1, 2013
Wow, I did not even know Mrs. Moore was still there. To the original poster, I was in choir with her many moons ago when in school, and she was awesome back then. Loved the music we sang. I am sure you would enjoy going to school and being in the choir there. It probably wouldn't be as big as your current school, but still good.

I'm just surprised Mrs. Moore is still there. I assumed she had retired. She has been there a long time and is a good teacher.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#15 Feb 1, 2013
becccccccca

Little Rock, AR

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Umm, Walnut Ridge itself is an okay school and all, but the choir program sucks. Mrs. Darlene Moore hardly teaches and practices singing. She's always talking inspirational and motivational but we never actually sing. She complains about other teachers and school programs a lot. In my class last year, we sung a Christmas song, and she didn't even start rehearsing with us on the song until the DAY BEFORE THE CONCERT! And then at the concert, she started singing along with us, drowning us out, and messed up the lyrics by singing a different version of song than the one that she had (barely) taught us the day before! This was my freshman year and it was terrible! Also, she has no control over her class! Two girls in my class got in a fight one day and she wasn't even in their to handle it! It's bad! Although the new facilities and new choir room are super nice, she's a terrible teacher leading a terrible program!!
Former Bobcat

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Apr 8, 2013
becccccccca wrote:
Umm, Walnut Ridge itself is an okay school and all, but the choir program sucks. Mrs. Darlene Moore hardly teaches and practices singing. She's always talking inspirational and motivational but we never actually sing. She complains about other teachers and school programs a lot. In my class last year, we sung a Christmas song, and she didn't even start rehearsing with us on the song until the DAY BEFORE THE CONCERT! And then at the concert, she started singing along with us, drowning us out, and messed up the lyrics by singing a different version of song than the one that she had (barely) taught us the day before! This was my freshman year and it was terrible! Also, she has no control over her class! Two girls in my class got in a fight one day and she wasn't even in their to handle it! It's bad! Although the new facilities and new choir room are super nice, she's a terrible teacher leading a terrible program!!
That is a shame, it used to be pretty good. Years ago I was in choir there under her and loved her. Learned a lot. Always thought she was really nice. TO this day choir was my favorite part about school. I miss singing a lot.

Like another poster stated, I am surprised she is still there. I assumed she had retired by now? Is she not close to retirement at least?

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2013
guest wrote:
Go to the school for info! Not this trashy web site!
EXACTLY!
gno

Little Rock, AR

#19 Apr 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!
Some kids are a lot more disrespectful, skanky and just plain ignorant that in past years. And admin will not back up teachers on discipline for fear the folks will take their kids and run to Hoxie or home school.
Proud Momma

United States

#20 May 8, 2013
As a Parent of two former students I can say this Mrs. Moore has NEVER drowned out her students!!!!! She loves her kids and treats them as such. even when they treat her poorly she treats them respectfully. Those of you downing her on here SHAME ON YOU! She is a FINE CHRISTIAN WOMAN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 min BARNEYII 32,702
Lights 5 hr Citizen 5
NEW Grocery Store (Dec '10) 17 hr guest 39
Walnut Ridge needs a GOOD grocery store Mon boris 4
loser Sun nsg 1
Pizza and beer Sun Dandydan 1
Pieces of trash Sat Lmao 2

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance