First Prev
of 5
Next Last
2muchworry

Haslet, TX

#1 Sep 7, 2012
The City of WR is NOT broke! Yes, the "check engine" light is on. I would ask that any concerned citizen share your thoughts and ideas.
oats

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Sep 8, 2012
i think mayor should work rest of year with out pay and council drop insurance to help with budget,, just a start
rockingchair

Little Rock, AR

#3 Sep 8, 2012
No the city ain't broke. Just bring old JR Rogers back- we'll be footing his retirement for the next 20 years or so. How many more workers will have to be laid off in order to pay him? He's made several comments around town that the reason he's running for council is to get the reirement. Hey, JR, we retired you two years ago. Didn't the 33% of the vote tell you that??

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Sep 8, 2012
while your at it JR, clean up your shit laying all around town, buildings falling in and junk yards all over. I don't know about everyone else but I don't want to raise my kids in a political junkyard. by the way, do you have licenses and insurance on all those trailers and rv's??????? Maybe someone ought to check!
don nicholas

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Sep 8, 2012
i think those old tralers belong to don nicholas and bud jones. i DID check!! fyi!!
guest2354

Little Rock, AR

#6 Sep 8, 2012
don nicholas wrote:
i think those old tralers belong to don nicholas and bud jones. i DID check!! fyi!!
I think guest is referring to all the junky buildings downtown that JR owns and the trailers and junk over at Plaza Center. It is filled up w/ junk on every property he owns, both outside and inside.
juanita

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Sep 8, 2012
Go to the court house and see who owns some of this run down property! you"ll be amazed and I ain"t talking about jr roger"s ! Wev"e got at least three slum lords who own most of this! Namely two brothers and a supposedly upstanding business man who has a hankering for good bourbon whiskey!
Linda

United States

#8 Sep 8, 2012
I know this, some people are worried about bricks falling off some of the old buildings during the festival on to people walking by. I bet some one will be charged if this were to happen, I don't care who they are. Some are down right dangerous.

Haslet, TX

#9 Sep 11, 2012
tards. the lot of elected officials. tards one in all
councilman

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Sep 12, 2012
The public may feel that our city is in serious financial trouble right now. This is far from the truth. There were some serious concerns. However; they have been addressed and the future can be bright. With anything, there is often a "bump" in the road. And as such, this will make out city stronger. Please do what you can to support our city and the various departments and do not try to drag us down with negativity and pessimism.
Bright Light

United States

#11 Sep 13, 2012
councilman wrote:
The public may feel that our city is in serious financial trouble right now. This is far from the truth. There were some serious concerns. However; they have been addressed and the future can be bright. With anything, there is often a "bump" in the road. And as such, this will make out city stronger. Please do what you can to support our city and the various departments and do not try to drag us down with negativity and pessimism.
It all sounded like some council members either didn't understand the budget or they were positioning for the upcoming election. Either way, that was sad. However, I'm glad ya'll got it worked out and pleased to know we are not bankrupt. It was hard to believe. Sounds to me like ya'll need to all work together better. We could only believe what some of you told the press. Glad its different.
freedom feen

Haslet, TX

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Walnut ridge and Hoxie need to consolidate, it would be a great start to getting both towns on solid ground.
Johnny Red

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Did they lay off Ricky Ditto or did he quit? I hear he has been working with his brother at the Free Street Church of Christ for a couple of weeks now.
Sour Grapes

United States

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Johnny Red wrote:
Did they lay off Ricky Ditto or did he quit? I hear he has been working with his brother at the Free Street Church of Christ for a couple of weeks now.
Yep he has been down there after hours a time or two where his brother has been doing some carpenter work. You are just trying to start something and you know it. Would be good if you would donate a little time to something good.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Oct 11, 2012
Johnny Red wrote:
He's been doing that shit every since he went to work for the city, works half a week and gets paid for forty! I want a job like that. No wonder the city is in the shape it's in. He's also worked on the Mayor's house in Cherokee Village while the city paid him. The truth hurts!
city worker

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Oct 18, 2012
Well....this week Ricky has been helping His brother Nicky put a roof on. I have witnessed it. If the Mayor would get a handle in his department heads, then we could bring back some actual workers. I consider him stealing from the city since he turns in 40 hr each week!
Snow

Little Rock, AR

#17 Oct 18, 2012
city worker wrote:
Well....this week Ricky has been helping His brother Nicky put a roof on. I have witnessed it. If the Mayor would get a handle in his department heads, then we could bring back some actual workers. I consider him stealing from the city since he turns in 40 hr each week!
So, you know he gets paid by the hour and you see his pay stub or are you just blowing smoke trying to create a ruckus?
interesting

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Oct 18, 2012
is ricky or nicky licensed contractors??
city worker

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Oct 18, 2012
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>So, you know he gets paid by the hour and you see his pay stub or are you just blowing smoke trying to create a ruckus?
YES, I KNOW!
Doomed

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Oct 18, 2012
interesting wrote:
is ricky or nicky licensed contractors??
I do not know if they are or not. But, with the way this City operates.... It would not matter either way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Consolidation 2 hr nope 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr BARNEYII 33,322
Hud housing 11 hr SHREK 2
walnut ridge street department Sun live herer2 2
Thieves Sun guest 11
Stupid Chamber Jan 13 Bennie 3
alison garner (May '11) Jan 13 TerryC 13

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance