just asking

Jonesboro, AR

#211 Apr 19, 2012
I am just wondering why just suspension>? Why wasn't this on the news or in the Walnut Ridge Times Dispatch? Is it because the parents are people who have the means of keeping this out of the news. The whole town is talking about it and it is a damn shame that no one is getting punished. Who were the teachers? Was anything done with them?

Why would these kids think this is ok to do? Because they are allowed to do whatever they want to and their parents always find the way to get them out of trouble!! Hell yes, that is how we do things in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.
Sam

Haslet, TX

#212 Apr 19, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
It doesn't matter if they had 1 drink or two. Any drink is too much if they are gonna be driving. I can't believe there are so many ready to sweep this under the rug. I understand they are kids and kids do this. I am appalled that people get on here and say it's not our business. It's our town so it is our business.
Just from experience Stephanie if you try to talk sense into all these people they will attack you and your children. So I have up.
commentr

Pocahontas, AR

#213 Apr 19, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but are you serious?!?!?! That school is in the town I live in, with MY kids. These kids were planning on driving when they got back, on the same roads MY children's bus drives on. Possibly on the same road MY kids play on!!!!! And you are actually going to say that it isn't our concern?!?!? How dare you and how dare them kids!!!!!!!
Just wait until your kids pull something like this; and they will, just like sams will; and then what will you say? I bet your Outlook would be totally different and i hope you get the same judgement passed onto you as you are passing on to these. As someone said before, this isnt the first time something like this has happened at wont be the last. Not just at WR, hoxie had an issue with the fb player attacking someone and nothing was done about that. Stuff like this happens and has been for as long as schools have been around. The kids need to take their punishment from both the school and parents and go on.

Sam, if you will go back and read, no one "attacked" you until your started attacking them. You dished it out but couldnt take it!
Sam

Haslet, TX

#214 Apr 19, 2012
commentr wrote:
<quoted text>Just wait until your kids pull something like this; and they will, just like sams will; and then what will you say? I bet your Outlook would be totally different and i hope you get the same judgement passed onto you as you are passing on to these. As someone said before, this isnt the first time something like this has happened at wont be the last. Not just at WR, hoxie had an issue with the fb player attacking someone and nothing was done about that. Stuff like this happens and has been for as long as schools have been around. The kids need to take their punishment from both the school and parents and go on.

Sam, if you will go back and read, no one "attacked" you until your started attacking them. You dished it out but couldnt take it!
I can take whatever you throw at me but if my kids did this they would be in trouble with the law. Because I am not a town favorite. I would make my kids take the punishment. Like I said before they know I won't make excuses for them. If they do the crime they will do the time. And I didn't 'attack' anyone. I just can't believe they were punished as lightly as they were and everyone wanted to sweep it under the rug. That is annoying!
ommmmmggggghh

United States

#215 Apr 19, 2012
I always made my kids take tbeir punishment too but thats the only area we agree. You cant tell me that every time a kid got in trouble for similar actions got off becasuse of their name. That bull gets so old. Thats like a certain group playing the "race card". Quit whining and worry about your own business instead of talking about people u dont know.
ommmmmggggghh

United States

#216 Apr 19, 2012
I would and have made my kids take their punishment too. Thats the only area I agree with you. You cant tell,me over the years every kid that has gotten in trouble for something like this has gotten off light becayse of their name. Please that bull gets so old. Its like hearing the "race card" being played every time an african,american gets in trouble. You need to worry about your own business and stay out of everyone elses!
Makes NO Sense

United States

#217 Apr 19, 2012
just asking wrote:
I am just wondering why just suspension>? Why wasn't this on the news or in the Walnut Ridge Times Dispatch? Is it because the parents are people who have the means of keeping this out of the news. The whole town is talking about it and it is a damn shame that no one is getting punished. Who were the teachers? Was anything done with them?
Why would these kids think this is ok to do? Because they are allowed to do whatever they want to and their parents always find the way to get them out of trouble!! Hell yes, that is how we do things in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.
I know this, some kids marked on the Beatle scene (writing their names) downtown while on a school trip and they got dragged into court and are still doing community services and going to a probation officer. It was a minor infraction compared to older kids getting publicly drunk on a school trip. Sorry, something here does not make sense. The drunk kids got a slap on the wrist.
omg

Shreveport, LA

#218 Apr 19, 2012
Why does it matter to anyone the punishment?!? It was the schools decision to do what they did and they are not going to school and missing lots of work. They are not your kids, not your responsibility. So stop. Y'all just all need to stop talking about this. It's been a week and y'all can't even stop talking about it. Their time is almost up and then they will go back to school. Why does it matter to you? Yes, they probably should have got more of a punishment but it was the schools decision. I don't see how you gripping on here will do anything? This site is trash. And so are all the people commenting on it. All you people saying your kids will never do something like this obviously was never much a teenager. They make mistakes, they do stupid things, and they learn their lesson. They have all learned their lesson. So drop it.
please

United States

#219 Apr 19, 2012
I learned my lesson! Please quit! I tell you what is really bad. Hearing all you people talk about me all and the other students for a week now! Please stop.....one drink ONE got me in trouble and I've never been so sorry.
ugh

United States

#220 Apr 19, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become an ADULT you will realize that you can have a discussion about things and it may seem like arguing but it is simply a discussion where people have different points of view.
Yeah some discussion! As I seen your not the one everyone cares for on here... they seem to be a bit annoyed by you.... im 19 im not a child...
WR Teens

Heber Springs, AR

#221 Apr 19, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check your spelling before posting. It is principal..principle that you used should be used in a different context. Superindent?
And just what does correct spelling have to do with anything regarding this particular situation? There are plenty of people who make spelling mistakes on this thread but that doesn't mean their opinions mean nothing.
WR Teens

Heber Springs, AR

#222 Apr 19, 2012
omg wrote:
Why does it matter to anyone the punishment?!? It was the schools decision to do what they did and they are not going to school and missing lots of work. They are not your kids, not your responsibility. So stop. Y'all just all need to stop talking about this. It's been a week and y'all can't even stop talking about it. Their time is almost up and then they will go back to school. Why does it matter to you? Yes, they probably should have got more of a punishment but it was the schools decision. I don't see how you gripping on here will do anything? This site is trash. And so are all the people commenting on it. All you people saying your kids will never do something like this obviously was never much a teenager. They make mistakes, they do stupid things, and they learn their lesson. They have all learned their lesson. So drop it.
So why are YOU commenting on here? If this site is trash.......... I guess that makes you trash as well!!!!!!
Childish.

Ash Flat, AR

#223 Apr 19, 2012
This has gone on long enough, kids will be kids. Are they any of your kids? I highly doubt it, and if it would have been your kids would you want strangers on here talking bad about them.. No! Its called respect people! Let them parent their own children, and you mind your own business. I reported this thread, so it will be gone within a couple of days. Better get out what you want while ya can.
please

United States

#224 Apr 19, 2012
[QUOTE who="Childish. "]This has gone on long enough, kids will be kids. Are they any of your kids? I highly doubt it, and if it would have been your kids would you want strangers on here talking bad about them.. No! Its called respect people! Let them parent their own children, and you mind your own business. I reported this thread, so it will be gone within a couple of days. Better get out what you want while ya can.[/QUOTE]
thank you so much!
Hmmmmm

Heber Springs, AR

#225 Apr 19, 2012
[QUOTE who="Childish. "]This has gone on long enough, kids will be kids. Are they any of your kids? I highly doubt it, and if it would have been your kids would you want strangers on here talking bad about them.. No! Its called respect people! Let them parent their own children, and you mind your own business. I reported this thread, so it will be gone within a couple of days. Better get out what you want while ya can.[/QUOTE] So why are You on here helping to stir the $hit?????? How wonderful of you to REPORT this thread when there are far more worse than this one!!!
Childish.

Ash Flat, AR

#226 Apr 19, 2012
Oh what are you mad because you can't sit behind your computer or phone and talk crap about these minors for much longer? Yeah. Trust me I report and get removed a lot of things on here because this site was not for bashing people, especially high school children, CHILDREN!
Watch out

Jonesboro, AR

#227 Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if they check the second grade bottles before they left for Memphis today. I hope all of them second graders don't come back with a hang over.
What would do to them?
ugh

Haslet, TX

#228 Apr 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Childish. "]This has gone on long enough, kids will be kids. Are they any of your kids? I highly doubt it, and if it would have been your kids would you want strangers on here talking bad about them.. No! Its called respect people! Let them parent their own children, and you mind your own business. I reported this thread, so it will be gone within a couple of days. Better get out what you want while ya can.[/QUOTE]
Yes thank you for what you did! These kids don't deserve this trash talk that everyone is saying! They just made a mistake..
ugh

Haslet, TX

#229 Apr 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Childish. "]Oh what are you mad because you can't sit behind your computer or phone and talk crap about these minors for much longer? Yeah. Trust me I report and get removed a lot of things on here because this site was not for bashing people, especially high school children, CHILDREN![/QUOTE]

Very much agreed!
OMG

Little Rock, AR

#230 Apr 20, 2012
Thank you! These kids do not deserve to be bashed on here. I know some of them have read this and they are very hurt by it. They know that what they did was wrong and they are sorry, and when they read this it makes them feel horrible. They made a mistake and are being punished for it, and I believe that this has to be the worst punishment they have. I am friends with some of these kids and I know that they are very sorry for what they did. I'm glad this thread is finally being reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Silver Alert Missing Senior Citizen 3 hr Preachy 3
Rezone 8 hr Whaat 38
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 hr mayfly 33,879
beatles 14 hr gu3st 1
Another Charles Snapp Production 17 hr GoRedwolves 3
NEA Report - Stan Morris Wed Neil Zineatser 22
Poll Your vote for the Ark. Democratic Primary? (Apr '10) Wed Mimi 1,773

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance