Former Waitress

Oklahoma City, OK

#63 Feb 25, 2013
Still Don's has more variety on the order menu and you can get good catfish every day.
r u kidding me

Oklahoma City, OK

#64 Feb 25, 2013
the wait wrote:
We ate at Don's last week and it cost us 60.00 to eat for family of 4 and that with 2 kids off the menu. Last night all 4 of us ate for 32.00 and that was with tax. We will be back.
You must be stupid if u paid $60 at dons for your family two filet dinners is only $28 for two and that's highest price on menu so I guess u making this up cuz I know two kids meals were not $32 dumbass

Euless, TX

#65 Feb 25, 2013
Went to the new place and its good. I hope they change up what they offer on the buffet. I think they have to many waitress's. a lot stood around. At Don's and Moni's they're always on the go. They earned their tip. I like my waitress to cut up with me too. Went to Don's on Valentine's day and those girls were working hard and we all appreciated the effort! I left a $10 tip. Moni's breakfast is the best!
Local

Jonesboro, AR

#66 Feb 26, 2013
Ate at Betty's for lunch and it was over $10.00 per person and there wasn't much to pick from on the buffet, not worth $10 a person. Myself and my coworkers will not be back.. The building was nice, that's the only god thing I could say about it.
Lisa

Oklahoma City, OK

#67 Feb 27, 2013
Local wrote:
Ate at Betty's for lunch and it was over $10.00 per person and there wasn't much to pick from on the buffet, not worth $10 a person. Myself and my coworkers will not be back.. The building was nice, that's the only god thing I could say about it.
Don't know how it could be over $10 when they only charge $9.75 for meal, dessert, drink and tax?? You better go to the $5 Subway, there you might get out for under $10. Ever heard of packin a little lunch!
jamie

Jonesboro, AR

#68 Feb 27, 2013
i think bettys is great love the food you can not go any where in town get that kind of selection of food deserts are fantastic i will be back and bring everyone i can the price is right my freind o also i did not see the cotton candy machine going at lunch monday but my kids are going to love that too

Jonesboro, AR

#69 Feb 27, 2013
Food, service and price is great!!! Glad it has finally opened.
Okay

United States

#70 Feb 27, 2013
The place is super nice and everyone is really nice. But i do think the food could be better.
billy

Oklahoma City, OK

#71 Feb 27, 2013
Ate dinner there tonight I thought the food and the service was great
Alabama Slammer

Little Rock, AR

#72 Feb 27, 2013
We have been to Betty's. The location and parking is top notch. Service is above and beyond. The price is comparable to other restaurants in town for my family. The building is great. Everything is nice and clean. The vegetables are very good--well seasoned and not just dumped out of a can.

The drawbacks to me are as follows:

I don't like the set up. Desserts should not be at the front of the line and the salad bar should be separate, as well. The flow is all wrong. You shouldn't have to stand in line for your meal while others are getting their desserts. While the veggies were great, the meats were not. The chicken strips had a good taste, but there were never enough of them and no sauces readily available for dipping. The fried chicken and the fish tasted the same. It can't be cooked in the same grease. The steak was tough, even though mine was cooked medium rare and shouldn't have been. The quality of the meats is going to have to improve.

There are pros and cons to every venture and I hope Carlos keeps learning and moving forward with this one. Trial and error is the only way to be successful and I believe he's on the right track!!
chinese fish

Jonesboro, AR

#73 Feb 27, 2013
imported fish not even catfish steaks are cheap be sure to have them cut small pieces as it will grow as u chew it
r u kidding me

Oklahoma City, OK

#74 Mar 4, 2013
chinese fish wrote:
imported fish not even catfish steaks are cheap be sure to have them cut small pieces as it will grow as u chew it
You would think that you would get real catfish not whitefish for the prices they charge higher prices does not mean better food
Not a Catfish Place

Oklahoma City, OK

#75 Mar 4, 2013
If you want catfish, and the only kind is American grown, then go to a place that specializes in it. Not every one know how to cook top rated catfish. Don's does a great job. There are better places, but consistently his is good and the price is fair.
r u kidding me

Oklahoma City, OK

#76 Mar 4, 2013
Not a Catfish Place wrote:
If you want catfish, and the only kind is American grown, then go to a place that specializes in it. Not every one know how to cook top rated catfish. Don's does a great job. There are better places, but consistently his is good and the price is fair.
You must not have had it if rubber what you want to eat than so be it but why put our something so cheap spend less on deserts and put out quality food instead of cheap crap
r u kidding me

Oklahoma City, OK

#77 Mar 4, 2013
Not a Catfish Place wrote:
If you serve fish put out real fish not pangesi $50 cheaper than catfish from Mississippi and they shipped it from Vietnam
Okay

United States

#78 Mar 6, 2013
Well i think the place is super nice! But the food is not very good. Carlos if u are reading this please make the food better. It just seems cheap and tasteless.
Derp

Jonesboro, AR

#79 Mar 13, 2013
Meh, went there for lunch one Sunday and the atmosphere was bland with boring gospel music and mediocre food. Would rather eat at Don's personally.
Linny

Oklahoma City, OK

#80 Mar 22, 2013
Thinking about eating there tonight. Have they gone to American fish yet?
Okay

Jonesboro, AR

#81 Mar 22, 2013
Of course super nice building and clean since its been all redone. I am not a fan of the food but that's just me. Just taste kind of bland. But price is great and so much better than Dons. Betty's won't be beat here overall. Hope they make it
Ray

Oklahoma City, OK

#82 Mar 22, 2013
They will make it. And yes they will make it. They will be covered up by Memorial Day and it will stay budy all summer, especially if they go to American raised catfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat Cops 20 min Mr Snerdley 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Duck lover 29,863
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 2 hr guest 431
Get Serious About WR Mayors Race 3 hr Guest 3 14
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr Organic Food Lover 10,027
Let down 5 hr why 4
Beatles Mania 7 hr Dave from Memphis 102
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Walnut Ridge News, Events & Info