First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Idk why

Ballwin, MO

#1 Dec 4, 2012
I don't understand why people don shop there they are in the process of switching to a more name brand store and is still going to be cheaper than hays. And I also heard they are putting in a deli and bakery and plus THEY ARE CHEAPER
Duh

Ballwin, MO

#2 Dec 4, 2012
They don't have some items so instead of making two grocery trips we go to one that has everything we need. If they would carry a wider variety of groceries then I would go there. Now if I need only a couple items they have then I go there.
Cord Dupree

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Idk why wrote:
I don't understand why people don shop there they are in the process of switching to a more name brand store and is still going to be cheaper than hays. And I also heard they are putting in a deli and bakery and plus THEY ARE CHEAPER
It is a little far for some WR residents to want to travel. However, I am from WR and it is a nice store. I don't shop there much because Hays is closer, especially if I am picking up just a few items. There are plenty of people in Hoxie to support a grocery store. I don't understand why they will not support it better. I think the dollar stores take a lot of their business. I wish them success.
Tommy

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Duh wrote:
They don't have some items so instead of making two grocery trips we go to one that has everything we need. If they would carry a wider variety of groceries then I would go there. Now if I need only a couple items they have then I go there.
Well in January when the store isn't save a lot anymore they will have a lot more variety. I have heard they are puttin in a Chester's chicken and they put in a new row of freezers to hold more things
jack frost

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Dec 4, 2012
I just hate that store!!
i would know

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Dec 4, 2012
I love it :)
Tommy

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Dec 4, 2012
jack frost wrote:
I just hate that store!!
So u like spending money that u don't have too
Former Shopper

Little Rock, AR

#8 Dec 4, 2012
In the past I preferred Save-A-Lot over Hays because of the lower prices and the fact that a local resident owned and operated it versus the chain owned Hays. After several shopping experiences and several hundred dollars spent I decided to discontinue my shopping with Save-A-Lot due to the unpleasant attitudes of the younger male employees. When I am spending my hard earned money I would appreciate a simple "Thank You" or a "Thanks" from the person that just accepted my money for the groceries I purchased. Instead, on most occasions the only verbal communication from the employee would be when they told me the total of my bill and nothing further. I continued to support the store in hopes that the management would eventually correct the issue especially with the management personally witnessing this take place on 2 seperate visits. The problem continued so therefore I changed my patronage.
Save a lot employee

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Dec 4, 2012
I know exactly they are starting to fix this problem because of serveral complaints. I promise you if u ever come back please tell management. We now have a new store manager and she would do anything for a customer. As would I
Burned

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Dec 4, 2012
I'm done with it. I have now came home from there TWICE with meat that was bad. It looked good on the outside, and accoring to the label, it was still in date. When I opened the package though, it smelled and was brown. I live almost to Black Rock and it would have been a waste of gas to go back. Maybe I'll give it another chance sometime, but unlikely.
Save a lot employee

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Dec 4, 2012
We have also had a new meat manager. There are some major improvements going on so that Lawrence county can have the same stuff that other stores have for less. I strongly encourage to come back in January when the store has been completely changed over. It will quite spectacular!:)
humm

Jacksonville, AR

#12 Dec 4, 2012
Former Shopper wrote:
In the past I preferred Save-A-Lot over Hays because of the lower prices and the fact that a local resident owned and operated it versus the chain owned Hays. After several shopping experiences and several hundred dollars spent I decided to discontinue my shopping with Save-A-Lot due to the unpleasant attitudes of the younger male employees. When I am spending my hard earned money I would appreciate a simple "Thank You" or a "Thanks" from the person that just accepted my money for the groceries I purchased. Instead, on most occasions the only verbal communication from the employee would be when they told me the total of my bill and nothing further. I continued to support the store in hopes that the management would eventually correct the issue especially with the management personally witnessing this take place on 2 seperate visits. The problem continued so therefore I changed my patronage.
i agree one of them yelled at my 11 y/o daughter for being too loud i was 2 isles away as she had went back with her 14 y/o sis to get somthing i reported it to the management but i also explained to the lad if he needed to yell to do so at me a very large person with a whole lot less manners than my daughter

i was close and did not hear her if i had i would have gotten 0n to her and spanked her had she been way to loud
Shopper

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Dec 5, 2012
humm wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree one of them yelled at my 11 y/o daughter for being too loud i was 2 isles away as she had went back with her 14 y/o sis to get somthing i reported it to the management but i also explained to the lad if he needed to yell to do so at me a very large person with a whole lot less manners than my daughter
i was close and did not hear her if i had i would have gotten 0n to her and spanked her had she been way to loud
I don't believe this for a minute. I'm in there all the time with my kids, and yes they sometimes get away from me, running and yelling. While I am scolding my children for the behavior, the employees are often right with them having a good time. Never once has anyone that worked in that store reprimanded my kids for behavior that is slightly loud. If your kids were brought to the attention of misconduct, then they were doing more than being loud.
I wouldnt think so

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Dec 5, 2012
humm wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree one of them yelled at my 11 y/o daughter for being too loud i was 2 isles away as she had went back with her 14 y/o sis to get somthing i reported it to the management but i also explained to the lad if he needed to yell to do so at me a very large person with a whole lot less manners than my daughter
i was close and did not hear her if i had i would have gotten 0n to her and spanked her had she been way to loud
There has been problems with customer service but they are still a new store there will be kinks until they know how to properly train and discipline employees I have shopped there ever since opening day and I have noticed that store growing and getting better I can't wait till January when they get a deli/bakery and a Chester's chicken. I really hope people would support save a lot. It's family owned and operated and I am happy I get to shop there. And I don't understand why people don't just talk to Wayne If they have a complaint he is one of the most generous people I know they are always donating to the community and if they don't have enough product to donate then maybe more people need to support them. Idk of hays donating 30 packs of hot dogs and buns for the school and church.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Dec 5, 2012
Start with his dad!!!
Huh

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Dec 5, 2012
Start with his dad?
i would know

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Dec 5, 2012
Former Shopper wrote:
In the past I preferred Save-A-Lot over Hays because of the lower prices and the fact that a local resident owned and operated it versus the chain owned Hays. After several shopping experiences and several hundred dollars spent I decided to discontinue my shopping with Save-A-Lot due to the unpleasant attitudes of the younger male employees. When I am spending my hard earned money I would appreciate a simple "Thank You" or a "Thanks" from the person that just accepted my money for the groceries I purchased. Instead, on most occasions the only verbal communication from the employee would be when they told me the total of my bill and nothing further. I continued to support the store in hopes that the management would eventually correct the issue especially with the management personally witnessing this take place on 2 seperate visits. The problem continued so therefore I changed my patronage.
That's called your just a very naggy customer who wants Sumone to kiss your ass when your not working yourself.
sad

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Dec 5, 2012
I went there twice and it smelled so bad I will not go back. Grocery stores have to smell fresh not like old produce or raw meat. It just did not smell clean. I used yo go to B&J market but stopped for the same reason. That store smells terrible and it did not help that the employees including the owner stood at the register smoking.
humm

Jacksonville, AR

#19 Dec 5, 2012
Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe this for a minute. I'm in there all the time with my kids, and yes they sometimes get away from me, running and yelling. While I am scolding my children for the behavior, the employees are often right with them having a good time. Never once has anyone that worked in that store reprimanded my kids for behavior that is slightly loud. If your kids were brought to the attention of misconduct, then they were doing more than being loud.
well guess you are just not to smart then yes it happened 1 time no she was not doing anything wrong as she knows i would have tore he butt you i don't scold i whip ass thats why the young man was smart enough to keep his mouth shut
i would have been sitting in the law co bed and breakfast just like a few times before
As I See It

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Look, these are private businesses and if you don't like them go elsewere or is it that you like to assinate someone's character. Try to run a business yourself. I'm not saying business owners can't be ugly also, or do things that hurt their business, but that is their business, not ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 18 min BARNEYII 30,547
Amie Wlliams Ledman (Apr '13) 1 hr no 17
Lawrence Co. detective asks for public's help i... 6 hr guest 1
Arkansas 6 hr guest 2
pitt bulls (Jun '14) 17 hr Boro2518 110
Mobile Patrol (Feb '14) 18 hr Wondering 23
walnut ridge basketball team? 19 hr geust 7
Walnut Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Walnut Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?