Possible Peanut Butter Factory

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yum

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2011
I understand a possible Peanut Butter factory is looking at coming to WR. What will it take to get them to actually move here? To make it binding I mean (lol).
Fact Finderr

United States

#2 Jan 19, 2011
I think the factory owner is ready to move here from Texas but the farmers here want enough assurance so they can plant their crops and buy the necessary equipment. Maybe the deadlock can be broken soon. The city of Walnut Ridge is setting on ready to help them with a building and property.
Fortune Cookie

United States

#3 Jan 19, 2011
This would be an excellent factory if the leaders can make it happen. THere would be spi off factories from thisl
sweet

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 19, 2011
just what this area needs!
bored

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Jan 19, 2011
That would be awesome!!!! I could use a good job.
For Progress

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jan 19, 2011
sweet wrote:
just what this area needs!
I understand that if the factory comes it will bring its peanut shelling operation first and then the actual peanut butter factory would follow the next years if not earlier. The good thing about this one is that local jobs outside of the factory with growers etc. would be benefiting giving a higher return on the dollars invested. ear. If the growers feel they can make a larger margin of profit I think several are going to do it the first year and many more will do it the second year. Some are cautious and want to be shown. They prefer to follow rather than to lead.Which is OK.

bob

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 19, 2011
then we need a jelly factory then everything be just grand.......
Arkie

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 20, 2011
This would compliment the other food related industries that have gone in at Jonesboro. I hope it is more than just a rumor.
I am

Gregory, AR

#9 Jan 23, 2011
They better not get chocolate in my peanut-butter.
Conservative

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 23, 2011
the article in the Times Dispatch focused on a market for raising peanuts, but it never went into detail about an industry making peanut butter locating here. I hope we are not reading more into this than is actually there.
well

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jan 23, 2011
Conservative wrote:
the article in the Times Dispatch focused on a market for raising peanuts, but it never went into detail about an industry making peanut butter locating here. I hope we are not reading more into this than is actually there.
It was in the Times Dispatch last week or week before that Freeman had been in contact with someone about a possible peanut plant being located here, so I don't think we're reading too much into it.
Diggin Nuts

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jan 23, 2011
No, the Peanut Butter Factory is the final stage according to Mayor House. first its the the producers growing the peanuts, then the shelling operation, then the factory itself are the development stages. Its going to take everything falling into place. This will be excellent for our community if it happens. We are told this is an excellent growing area. As a farmer I want to know I will have a sustained local market and that I can get the crop harvested.
hooray

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 23, 2011
Yay. Peanut butter is the only thing blacks have invented
working

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2011
Mr House said he has worked real hard from the beginning to get this factory hereand has more to come.
Arkie

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jan 23, 2011
hooray wrote:
Yay. Peanut butter is the only thing blacks have invented
Please go some where else to peddle raciest remarks. God only created one man, Adam and we don't know what color his skin was.
hooray

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Jan 23, 2011
Arkie wrote:
<quoted text>Please go some where else to peddle raciest remarks. God only created one man, Adam and we don't know what color his skin was.
Racist because I stated a fact? No racism here
Arkie

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jan 23, 2011
hooray wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist because I stated a fact? No racism here
I suggest you research George Washington Carver, yes he was black, yes he invented peanut butter, but he invented a lot more things and was a college professor. He was born a slave but George Washington Carverís IQ is estimated to be around 140. What is yours?
Do research ere posting

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jan 23, 2011
Arkie wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you research George Washington Carver, yes he was black, yes he invented peanut butter, but he invented a lot more things and was a college professor. He was born a slave but George Washington Carverís IQ is estimated to be around 140. What is yours?
Carver did NOT invent peanut butter. He did improve it. But J.H Kellog of breakfast cereal fame,(and his brother, W.K. Kellogg) invented their own early version of peanut butter in 1895 and in 1897, J.H. Kellogg secured U.S. Patent 580,787 for his "Process of Preparing Nutmeal," which produced a "pasty adhesive substance" that Kellogg called "nut-butter."[3]

Dr. Ambrose Straub, a physician in St. Louis, Missouri pursued a method for providing toothless elderly with protein in the 1890s. His peanut-butter-making machine was patented in 1903.[4]
A popular myth is that George Washington Carver (1864Ė1943) invented peanut butter. While he is credited with inventing over 300 uses for peanuts, peanut butter was not one of them, as it had already been invented by the Aztecs well before he commenced research on the tasty legumes around 1915. Nonetheless, this myth is still taught in many American school systems[citation needed].
Runt

San Antonio, TX

#19 Jan 23, 2011
Dern it! Those Aztecs bested us again. Anyway thanks J.H., George W.(Not the recent Geo. W. who never invented anything but hard times), Dr. Straub. Ya'll did good. I like my Jiff. Now, lets get that factory in here.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#20 Feb 10, 2011
that sounds awesome peanut butter factory.
I think they should build a sex toy factory out by college city. Now that would be cool !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walnut Ridge Police 23 min witness 19
Colten Simpson 36 min Dude 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr --Bad Dad-- 39,352
Looking for RC Stovall 11 hr guest 3
Beatles at the ridge Mon Cena 23
jumpstart downfall (Oct '15) Mon amen 20
kimberly Riddle morris arrest everythin but kit... (Apr '14) Mon guest 18

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance