First Prev
of 2
Next Last
flowers

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2011
Is there anyone at DHS with sence? The part that works with families and takes kids.
School

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 6, 2011
Sense. You're one to be talking about people not having any sense when you can't even spell the word.
flowers

United States

#3 Aug 6, 2011
Opps on the sense-sence. I interviewed there for a job and was just trying to get the down low on the employees. I was not impressed with the few I met, certainly not the two that interviewed me.
Uhh

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 6, 2011
If you can't spell you probably won't get a job there...
No Hire

United States

#5 Aug 6, 2011
flowers wrote:
Opps on the sense-sence. I interviewed there for a job and was just trying to get the down low on the employees. I was not impressed with the few I met, certainly not the two that interviewed me.
I think we can all safely say that it's obvious why you won't get hired. You might try applying for the parking lot attendant position at the circus.
flowers

United States

#6 Aug 6, 2011
Wow, harsh responses. Spell check is my new best friend. Nice to know there are at least 3 perfect people out there maybe they all work for the State.
Agree

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Aug 6, 2011
Thank God they did not hire you. There is a lot of confidentiality there and evidently you would not be able to keep your mouth shut. Starting this thread to down grade dhs is proof you are immature and a trouble maker.
flowers

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2011
Still harsh. Looked like a nice little town maybe not. If the job is offered might not need to take it can't help children if adults aren't willing to work together. Thought the two in the interview were harsh, but lesson learned NO more Walnut Ridge topix for me.(all over one mispelled word). & talk about confidentiality the employees were the ones talking to each other from office to office where everyone could hear.
herhiddenagenda

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Aug 6, 2011
flowers wrote:
Still harsh. Looked like a nice little town maybe not. If the job is offered might not need to take it can't help children if adults aren't willing to work together. Thought the two in the interview were harsh, but lesson learned NO more Walnut Ridge topix for me.(all over one mispelled word). & talk about confidentiality the employees were the ones talking to each other from office to office where everyone could hear.
I guess you didn't notice the the big redneck sign when you entered the town (giggles) one thing you have to know about this small town is no one ever goes anywhere the very idea of culture is foreign to the locals, not real sure many of them can even read and for gods sake who are they to be handing out advice on spelling? All I ever hear here is gross abuse of the English language, stay help me change this place from redneck hell to yuppie heaven. I got your back :)
Work

Frisco, TX

#10 Aug 6, 2011
I work at DHS. Sorry you didn't get a good vibe from us. I'm sure the two you interviewed with just wanted to see what you were made of. Don't worry about the misspelling we have spell check if you get the job.
dhs employee

United States

#11 Aug 6, 2011
flowers wrote:
Is there anyone at DHS with sence? The part that works with families and takes kids.
sorry, we don't "take kids" we protect children.
omg

United States

#12 Aug 6, 2011
Flowers, please do decline if the job is offered, for one DHS-DCFS does not "take kids" they are removed from a situation of maltreatment, it hurts the child and everyone in the child's life, and as far as meeting "employees" and the two that interviewed you being "harsh" it's called a high stress job and if you can't take the heat stay out of it

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Aug 6, 2011
It's true they take unfortunate children from bad homes/parents, but on the other hand, once they have the children in another home, they do not follow up on them correctly, and just 'go with' them being better off. I know some children were in extremely bad situations before being taken away, but were put in a situation just as bad as before. But the head of the new household had once passed their screening... so how could they possibly be a bad person? I'm here to tell you, just because somebody seems like a good person when you are around, does not make him/her a good person, only a good actor in public. Put a bug or hidden camera in these homes, talk to the neighbors, the relatives.
Arkie

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Aug 7, 2011
flowers wrote:
DHS staff is over worked and under paid. They have a high stress job dealing with druggies and deadbeats. Yes there are also people who need their assistance through no fault of their own. DHS employees have to sort through all the paper work and try to make sense of which category each applicant fits into. I don't envy them their job.
be prepared

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Aug 7, 2011
flowers wrote:
DHS does not hire off the street. do you have the necessary degrees and certification.

United States

#16 Aug 7, 2011
Arkie wrote:
<quoted text>
DHS staff is over worked and under paid. They have a high stress job dealing with druggies and deadbeats. Yes there are also people who need their assistance through no fault of their own. DHS employees have to sort through all the paper work and try to make sense of which category each applicant fits into. I don't envy them their job.
well there are plenty of other people who are overworked and underpaid and that does not give them cause to be rude and obnoxious..try working in the medical field! Try watching people die right in front of you from an accident or something. Dealing with grieving families, devastating situations. and u cant be rude to anyone! Getting yelled at because the doctor isnt fast enough or give them the pain meds they want.
Also I hate it that the working people cant catch a break. We pay for these services out of our pay checks that we get up everyday and work for and try to get a little help because we cant make it on what we make and have to put up with someone with an attitude that treats someone who chooses to lay around and not work with a smile and treats us like crap!! yea I have zero respect for these people and they need to work on people skills!!
Ridgerunner

United States

#17 Aug 7, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>well there are plenty of other people who are overworked and underpaid and that does not give them cause to be rude and obnoxious..try working in the medical field! Try watching people die right in front of you from an accident or something. Dealing with grieving families, devastating situations. and u cant be rude to anyone! Getting yelled at because the doctor isnt fast enough or give them the pain meds they want.
Also I hate it that the working people cant catch a break. We pay for these services out of our pay checks that we get up everyday and work for and try to get a little help because we cant make it on what we make and have to put up with someone with an attitude that treats someone who chooses to lay around and not work with a smile and treats us like crap!! yea I have zero respect for these people and they need to work on people skills!!
First of all, the medical field workers are definately NOT underpaid. Insurance premiums are outragous because medical personel are extremely OVERPAID!!! Secondly, you know what you will have to face before you enter the field so if you don't like it or can't handle it then reconsider your options.
LOL OK

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Aug 7, 2011
Ridgerunner wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the medical field workers are definately NOT underpaid. Insurance premiums are outragous because medical personel are extremely OVERPAID!!! Secondly, you know what you will have to face before you enter the field so if you don't like it or can't handle it then reconsider your options.
Correction its not the frontliners who are over paid. Its the admins and facilities and companies that provide the services that are the reasons costs are so high. For all the crap a nurse goes through they do not make nearly enough. AND NO I am not in the medical field so this is of no benefit to me.

As for the original topic, I agree that office is full of nosey, do-gooders who look down their noses at people and act as though they personally have to hand over their checks to someone who is getting assistance. That would set the wrong tone for anyone who is applying for a job there or assistance from there. I feel for those people who are trying and have to enlist the assistance of the WR dhs office. Damn glad I dont cause I would go off on those snotty witches. And if anything is misspelled in my post leave it be, accidents happen.
Ohhh

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Aug 7, 2011
Listen,those dhs workers do not get paid that much for the work they do. And it would be hard for anyone who works like they do and makes their pay to sit and give out help to the many druggies in WR who do not work at all but want everyone else to support them and their families. DHS employees are proud to help those who try to help themselves. However, just watch all the lazy people who do not want to work enter those doors and see if you think you could be happy helping them when some of the dhs workers could use some help themselves.
LOL OK

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Aug 7, 2011
Yeah ok I am speaking from experience. I work my butt off and got to a point where my income was not enough and had to apply for foodstamps because I couldnt find another job. PLUS I go to school on loans that I have to pay back and raise children as well. But I was made to feel like I was worthless and dumber then a box of rocks, which could not be further from the truth. There is absolutely no confidentiality displayed there. I had to say my SSN out loud in front of a room full of who knows whats, and I could tell you personal things about others who where there based on conversations from behind the desk. Never in my life did I feel like I did when I left that place. Glad I found another job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 40,828
Casey's General Store 3 hr Old Citizen 9
T ward 16 hr Joynson 2
Vicky Taylor. 18 hr Susie 8
the mcginty family 20 hr chaga 1
David madden Sun NovaNeumisAdrianS... 8
WR Nursing & Rehab Nov 17 luvdemspics 4

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance