First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frankie Say Relax

Benton, AR

#21 Sep 7, 2012
PISSEDOFFATCITYCOUNCIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendell Jones was the person that tried to get people on the city council to stop receiving any pay or benefits to help with the budget issues. Too bad PAULA HASKINS shot that shit down!! That sorry fat ass bitch started bitching about aldermen losing their benefits!!! What about John Jenkins? I'll bet he'd love to have his insurance back. I hope like Fuck she don't get re elected!!
Since you work for good ole Wendell, are you just upset that you can't get a job at a better ambulance service and are lashing out at anyone and everyone. Wendell dont provide insurance to his employees and doesnt pay them fairly. I know Paula and know for a fact that she cancelled her city insurance on her own. You are a vile piece of nothing to unjustly unload on her like you did. As far as John goes, that does suck. You can blame Richey and Diamond Don for that. He began laying people off after the council told him to wait before any action was taken. There are cuts that could be made without layoff's. You truly are a rocket scientist. NOT!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Sep 7, 2012
Whenever my family needs the services of a transport company, Wendell's company is the one we request. We could not ask for a more caring group of individuals.
Stop!

Mountain Home, AR

#23 Sep 7, 2012
Leave these public servants alone! They put their life on the line for YOU 24/7!
WOW

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Sep 7, 2012
DoThings Right In WR wrote:
I think the Hospitial employees may play a role in this as well. Example- Hospital Staff- "Would you like for me to call AET to come transfer you?" And the Patient or family member will naturally reply "Yes" They should simpy rotate and not put a single providers name in the patients mouth. Both are good providers and and transfers should be equeal.(I know what I am talking about.)
I had my son in the ER about a month ago and they did not suggest either ambulance service. They asked me which ambulance provider I would prefer. So no the hospital employees DID NOT play a role in which ambulance service I chose.
Help 911

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Sep 7, 2012
Mom wrote:
Wendell is wonderful at his job. He has saved many lives in Lawrence County. He is not a perfect man but who is??? If one of my children was sick or hurt he would be the one that I would call. He truly cares. So you people that want to attack a good man and run him down just leave well enough alone. Until you have walked a mile in someones shoes who are we to judge. "We love and appreciate what you do Wendell."
Aww! How sweet! He hasn't got enough sense to get in out of the rain. But I guess if you just want to feel sorry for someone because they're an idiot, oh well, there's no cure for ignorance.
Pissedoffatcityc ouncil

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Sep 7, 2012
Frankie Say Relax wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you work for good ole Wendell, are you just upset that you can't get a job at a better ambulance service and are lashing out at anyone and everyone. Wendell dont provide insurance to his employees and doesnt pay them fairly. I know Paula and know for a fact that she cancelled her city insurance on her own. You are a vile piece of nothing to unjustly unload on her like you did. As far as John goes, that does suck. You can blame Richey and Diamond Don for that. He began laying people off after the council told him to wait before any action was taken. There are cuts that could be made without layoff's. You truly are a rocket scientist. NOT!!!
First of I'm not in the medical field so I'm not even qualified to work for him. His employees seem happy to work for him so I always figured he had competitive pay. As far as being accused of kissing his ass, i would not want a crew that look so unprofessional showin up at my house if i had an option. No I'm not a fan but i believe fair is fair. I will stand up for anyone that i trying to do the right rhing for the city! If she don't even have insurance then why did she shoot down the proposal to drop it? What does she have to lose? What's wrong with the city council members paying their insurance out of their pocket if they can't afford to lose it?
Cat

Little Rock, AR

#27 Sep 7, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I had my son in the ER about a month ago and they did not suggest either ambulance service. They asked me which ambulance provider I would prefer. So no the hospital employees DID NOT play a role in which ambulance service I chose.
Agree. I've made that run several times and the hospital folks always ask which service I prefer. I've used both and much perfer AET.

What I'd like to see investigated is why the police more often than not ask for the air evac to be sent even when they know the injuries do not require it. Bet someone is getting a kickback from the airevac folks. They get a huge fee paid for by us taxpayers every time they launch, needed or not.
Been There

Euless, TX

#28 Sep 7, 2012
Yep. AET is local owned and operated. They are nice. I prefer them. The police don't call for an airlift except through their radio system. The ambulance people usually make the call regarding an air lift.
guest4274

Jonesboro, AR

#29 Sep 7, 2012
when i got hurt they asked who i wanted i said medic one and they was awesome .... I didn't know i went to <Memphis........lol

Euless, TX

#30 Sep 7, 2012
guest4274 wrote:
when i got hurt they asked who i wanted i said medic one and they was awesome .... I didn't know i went to <Memphis........lol
Medic One is awesome. They are rated #1 requested provider in all areas EXCEPT for WR. I know The owners George Stem and Ryan Kibbler.. They were about to pull out recently until Judge Freemen encouraged them to stay. We have 2 great ambulance services and need to retain them both. STOP the favoritism....or paybacks.
Political mayhem

Little Rock, AR

#31 Sep 9, 2012
Pissedoffatcitycouncil wrote:
<quoted text>
First of I'm not in the medical field so I'm not even qualified to work for him. His employees seem happy to work for him so I always figured he had competitive pay. As far as being accused of kissing his ass, i would not want a crew that look so unprofessional showin up at my house if i had an option. No I'm not a fan but i believe fair is fair. I will stand up for anyone that i trying to do the right rhing for the city! If she don't even have insurance then why did she shoot down the proposal to drop it? What does she have to lose? What's wrong with the city council members paying their insurance out of their pocket if they can't afford to lose it?
Ok, first of all she didn't "shoot it down". Wendell withdrew his motion after he, Mrs. Haskins, Mr. Davis and Mr. Weeks - the city attorney, discussed whether or not it was even legal to remove the insurance since there are several people who are either coming on the council unaposed or have decided to run for the position. They are given the benefit under the Arkansas Municipal League as a benefit for elected officials. This is done so people will want to run for a public office. The benefit can be turned down by the official if the choose not to take it. This was what Mrs. Haskins was eluding to. She felt that the option should be given to each council person to have the option, not taken away. We should learn the facts before we speak so violently about people we don't even know.
Bruce

Euless, TX

#32 Sep 9, 2012
Political mayhem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, first of all she didn't "shoot it down". Wendell withdrew his motion after he, Mrs. Haskins, Mr. Davis and Mr. Weeks - the city attorney, discussed whether or not it was even legal to remove the insurance since there are several people who are either coming on the council unaposed or have decided to run for the position. They are given the benefit under the Arkansas Municipal League as a benefit for elected officials. This is done so people will want to run for a public office. The benefit can be turned down by the official if the choose not to take it. This was what Mrs. Haskins was eluding to. She felt that the option should be given to each council person to have the option, not taken away. We should learn the facts before we speak so violently about people we don't even know.
Oh well, WJ had the courage to bring up the subject and it seems reasonable to most citizens that it should have been discussed. It has certainly shed some light on the lilly white council and why some are running or fighting to keep their positions. I just wish it was to serve. However, I'm betting it will be swept under table at the next meeting and will go away.
didnt take

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Sep 9, 2012
haskins didnt take ins bc she already has with the bank and her husband has it also so she didnt take cause she already has, duh, think people!!
Justin

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#34 Sep 9, 2012
One problem with the curren system, they dispatch city officers to every medical, how stupid!

If they aint crime, keep the officers patroling the streets, mabe our stuff wont ge stolen!

And Wendell s a big a damn crook as they come! Just ask the Bank!!!

Cockeyed fat ambulance man!

Euless, TX

#35 Sep 10, 2012
Its Your Town wrote:
What's up with Alderman Jones employing Chief Thatcher and his "live in"? Chief Thatcher employing Jones as a reserve Police officer, 911 giving most the Ambulance runs to AET?...saying it was "patient request" thats BS! And Sparks working at 911. Medic One was about to leave Lawrence county because of this AET getting all the runs. Other AET employees being reserve police officers. Jones has enough Junk ambulances lined up on Main Street to sell and help out the city. I am sure they all have liens against them though.
what a mess don has let happen. great job!

Euless, TX

#36 Sep 11, 2012
in my opinion:
wendell is a tard.
richey is a midgett tard.
tony is a tard
midgett is stupid.
tall dude at pd is a for real tard.
don is a tard trying to be a big shot.
council are all tards for having no spine.
young kid "detective" oh yes tard.
fire the whole lot and give wr what they deserve!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Jenks 30,435
Jenny Lee Craig Rouse & Whitney Craig Hinds 6 hr Skittles2014 1
Intermodal 7 hr Guest 14
dalton riggs (Jan '14) 11 hr bill 8
Krlw 22 hr Radio man 1
Carlos Aguilar Fri Yea 2
County judge Fri Reality 9
Walnut Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Walnut Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Walnut Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Walnut Ridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions