Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jonesboro, AR

#13778 Aug 11, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor thing, thinks everybody and every thing is Barney.
Actually that is Barney's job. That and changing the grease in the deep fryers.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#13779 Aug 11, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor thing, thinks everybody and every thing is Barney.
He thought I was Barney too.

United States

#13780 Aug 11, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I would change my name also. My posts would not sound so foreign if you were used to hearing American, but what can I expect when you admire the French, Spaniards, Greeks and quote from Arab news reports.
since when is American a language, dullard?
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#13781 Aug 11, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
As we noted yesterday, it has been a rough couple of days for the David Barton as first his shoddy scholarship was exposed by NPR and then the publisher of his latest book announced that it has "lost confidence" in it and was ceasing publication and distribution.
The Tennessean caught up with Barton to get his reaction to these developments and the criticism that his work has been receiving and he offered up the most perfectly Bartontonian defense one could have imagined:
Barton said he met with a different group of scholars recently and they approved of his work.
ďI canít tell you how many Ph.D.ís were in the room,Ē he said.
But he would not give any names, saying the scholars hadnít given their permission for him do so.
While we are not surprised by Barton's defense, we have to admit that we are a bit shocked by the utter silence from the Religious Right to these developments because we have been searching high and low and have so far been unable to find any evidence of anyone stepping up to defend him or his work.
Where are Glenn Beck, or Michele Bachmann, or Mike Huckabee, or Newt Gingrich or any of the others who routinely hail Barton as America's greatest historian? Will nobody stand up and defend Barton in his hour of need?
How aout you Reality Check?
I see nothing in David Barton's work that is out of line or false, given the paper trail he is able to put together when proving a fact he is presenting, but you wouldn't know that since you haven't watched the "Rebuilding the American Heritage" series. As far as the book goes, you could write the best book the world has ever seen, but if no one buys it the publisher will pull it. It appears as though there were other historians that refuted Barton's work and that is what caused the publisher to pull the plug. What you are saying is that your feeling that David Barton is a fraud is supported by this pulling the plug on his new book because some other historians (probably liberal) gave their opinions and they happened to line up with what you already, out of ignorance, felt. That doesn't mean they are right. I also looked at some other articles against Barton and found that often times the article will say "othe top historians in their feild" or something to that effect but names are rarely mentioned. They are just some ambiguous historian who we don't even know if they exist or not. All of the articles I found against David Barton were very left leaning. That all but loses all credebility of presenting the truth right there. Barney, if you won't watch the series for yourself, how can you form an opinion? Relying on severely left leaning sources is hardly reliable.

Jonesboro, AR

#13782 Aug 11, 2012
luvin every minute of it wrote:
<quoted text> since when is American a language, dullard?
Not been around much, have you. Most of the world refers to our language, if you want to be included, as American English, I referred to it as American,bit takes a real "dullard" to need the inclusion of "English" , but then you do appear to be at best a dullard. Get out, see the world.

United States

#13783 Aug 11, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing in David Barton's work that is out of line or false, given the paper trail he is able to put together when proving a fact he is presenting, but you wouldn't know that since you haven't watched the "Rebuilding the American Heritage" series. As far as the book goes, you could write the best book the world has ever seen, but if no one buys it the publisher will pull it. It appears as though there were other historians that refuted Barton's work and that is what caused the publisher to pull the plug. What you are saying is that your feeling that David Barton is a fraud is supported by this pulling the plug on his new book because some other historians (probably liberal) gave their opinions and they happened to line up with what you already, out of ignorance, felt. That doesn't mean they are right. I also looked at some other articles against Barton and found that often times the article will say "othe top historians in their feild" or something to that effect but names are rarely mentioned. They are just some ambiguous historian who we don't even know if they exist or not. All of the articles I found against David Barton were very left leaning. That all but loses all credebility of presenting the truth right there. Barney, if you won't watch the series for yourself, how can you form an opinion? Relying on severely left leaning sources is hardly reliable.
www.pfaw.org names those other scholars and historians. They are real people with real credentials. The man has been caught cherry picking phrases from historical correspondence for use in promoting his personal agenda.

Jonesboro, AR

#13784 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text> www.pfaw.org names those other scholars and historians. They are real people with real credentials. The man has been caught cherry picking phrases from historical correspondence for use in promoting his personal agenda.
I thought you and Barney would admire anyone with cut and paste abilities. I am not saying what he did was right, like you, I don't actually know what he did, but coming from two guys that have never posted an original idea between them, don't you feel you are being a little critical? Check with Barney and get back to us, we really want to know your collective opinion.

United States

#13785 Aug 11, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you and Barney would admire anyone with cut and paste abilities. I am not saying what he did was right, like you, I don't actually know what he did, but coming from two guys that have never posted an original idea between them, don't you feel you are being a little critical? Check with Barney and get back to us, we really want to know your collective opinion.
I'm not a dude and I don't know Barney. I think for myself. Do you have to have someone tell you what to think? Are you projecting?
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#13786 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text> www.pfaw.org names those other scholars and historians. They are real people with real credentials. The man has been caught cherry picking phrases from historical correspondence for use in promoting his personal agenda.
Looked all over the site and found nothing about the David Barton story. Besides, this is obviously another liberal website. Again, liberals lie more than any group out there when it comes to pushing their agenda. Like Harry Reid saying Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes fof 10 years (and yes he said that). Liberal websites serve no other purpose than to give the marching orders to the liberal sheep across America. No credebility what so ever. You are saying that these "scholars and historians" are real people with real credentials. What credentials would that be? A degree (BS,BA,PhD) from a liberal college institution that says they these individuals now know more than anyone else about history? If that is the case, we need to throw out all of the inventions and accomplishments of Thomas Edison who had only 3 months of schooling. I guess he wasn't an expert in anything. To my knowledge, David Barton doesn't have a history degree but his years of experience studying history makes him every bit as qualified as your "scholars and historians". Of course "professionals" dispute Barton's claims. They are taught that anything but a college degree makes a person irrelevant. I disagree with that.

Jonesboro, AR

#13787 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text> I'm not a dude and I don't know Barney. I think for myself. Do you have to have someone tell you what to think? Are you projecting?
If I were projecting you would be learning, I am not really all that sure that Barney is a dude, and did you ever figure out American English? I think I have addressed all the issues in your post, but I can't even start to address all of your issues, stay tuned, and if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Jonesboro, AR

#13788 Aug 11, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Looked all over the site and found nothing about the David Barton story. Besides, this is obviously another liberal website. Again, liberals lie more than any group out there when it comes to pushing their agenda. Like Harry Reid saying Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes fof 10 years (and yes he said that). Liberal websites serve no other purpose than to give the marching orders to the liberal sheep across America. No credebility what so ever. You are saying that these "scholars and historians" are real people with real credentials. What credentials would that be? A degree (BS,BA,PhD) from a liberal college institution that says they these individuals now know more than anyone else about history? If that is the case, we need to throw out all of the inventions and accomplishments of Thomas Edison who had only 3 months of schooling. I guess he wasn't an expert in anything. To my knowledge, David Barton doesn't have a history degree but his years of experience studying history makes him every bit as qualified as your "scholars and historians". Of course "professionals" dispute Barton's claims. They are taught that anything but a college degree makes a person irrelevant. I disagree with that.
Don't bother, I thought she was Barney but this is Double Cheeseburger Day at Mickey D's and he is working a double shift. luvin as much as she gets of it, is filling invfor him.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13789 Aug 11, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother, I thought she was Barney but this is Double Cheeseburger Day at Mickey D's and he is working a double shift. luvin as much as she gets of it, is filling invfor him.
Seven post on this page alone, six of of those seven times you have to bring up Barney.

ROF-LMAO------I own your ass'''

Jonesboro, AR

#13790 Aug 11, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven post on this page alone, six of of those seven times you have to bring up Barney.
ROF-LMAO------I own your ass'''
No, you just resemble it.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#13791 Aug 11, 2012
WTF does David Barton have to do with Romney's VP pick? Guess we will have to wait til tomorrow or Monday for Barney's official DNC reponse. In the meantime, watch NBC and MSNBC for a preview.
Mork

Heber Springs, AR

#13792 Aug 11, 2012
How did you get to all this hate and discontent from a person asking if you voted ? Lmao at this thread. How can y'all get so heated over the comments of someone you don't even know and lower yourselves to posting bitter replies to people who are obviously having a good time jerking your chain and watching you jump around when they do so.........shazbaht !
Crusader

Heber Springs, AR

#13793 Aug 11, 2012
Mork wrote:
How did you get to all this hate and discontent from a person asking if you voted ? Lmao at this thread. How can y'all get so heated over the comments of someone you don't even know and lower yourselves to posting bitter replies to people who are obviously having a good time jerking your chain and watching you jump around when they do so.........shazbaht !
You ought to know about jerking chains "JMM". Your good at it, but your not very bright. Now go get your nose out of Jackie Mac's Shazbaht.

Location hidden

#13794 Aug 12, 2012
Old Army wrote:
WTF does David Barton have to do with Romney's VP pick? Guess we will have to wait til tomorrow or Monday for Barney's official DNC reponse. In the meantime, watch NBC and MSNBC for a preview.
WTF, makes you think it had any thing to do with "Romney's VP pick"?

Jonesboro, AR

#13795 Aug 12, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, makes you think it had any thing to do with "Romney's VP pick"?
Well, out of the blue you brought up Barton, kind of like he had anything to do with everything., but then it seems like every time you are given a break, you do that.

Jonesboro, AR

#13796 Aug 12, 2012
Barney, some people were looking at this topic and said that my treatment of you is like a big kid picking on the little kid on the short bus, they said that you ask for it, but it just wasn't fair. I will try to be nice to you, but you make it so easy, I will probably slip up occassionaly, if you would just think before you type, I might be able to resist.

Location hidden

#13797 Aug 12, 2012
guest wrote:
Barney, some people were looking at this topic and said that my treatment of you is like a big kid picking on the little kid on the short bus, they said that you ask for it, but it just wasn't fair. I will try to be nice to you, but you make it so easy, I will probably slip up occassionaly, if you would just think before you type, I might be able to resist.
LMAO, it bothered them a lot more than it does me.

I still own you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugh! 20 min ;( 19
kait fnb 21 min nope 6
Does Shirley Murphy have parkinsons? (Mar '10) 3 hr Guest 15
janet jackson or chesser (Jul '11) 8 hr info 15
wh@r3s 11 hr gimp 1
Mark Hughes 17 hr curious 3
walnut ridge park 18 hr Taxpayer Sam 9
Walnut Ridge Underground Tue Guest 27
More from around the web

Walnut Ridge People Search