Merge Hoxie and Walnut RIdge Schools
Failed

United States

#21 Jan 21, 2013
schools? Where did you attend? Maybe you could get on the school board. You see to know so much.
Jacob

United States

#22 Jan 21, 2013
Cut adminstrative costs and spend it on the kids for better programs and more academics. We could also have better ball teams and would get to play some of the bigger schools. Plus there would be other sports that are not now offered allowing us so we could go after scholarships that we cannot now get.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 21, 2013
schools wrote:
<quoted text>all you have to do is build a new school?????????? MONEY.. WHERE AND HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN.. DOUBTFUL THE STATE ED DEPT WILL GIVE MONEY FOR SUCH AS THAT.. HOW STUPID!!
Both city put the money together they wouldn't have to ask the ED DEPT n they get a enough to add on or to update the builds. n if u lived in these town long enough u know they have the money (or had the money) if they wanted to help our kids out on the Education they could get it built but if u look at the town n how the towns are been took care of. will tell u the Education would be run in to the ground just like the towns.
Lee

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Jan 22, 2013
ex student wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, dumbass, principal is the the correct way to spell the administrator version. You spelled the homophone. The principle reason why.
I agree you indeed are a dumb ass, and you spelled the administrator version as principle not principal. You can't cover it up and pretend like you used the correct version when it is in your own comment retard. I hope you don't have any kids, the last thing we need is for your children to inherit your genetics of stupidity.Drug abuse kills brain cells and you are living proof of that.
ex student

United States

#25 Jan 22, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>I agree you indeed are a dumb ass, and you spelled the administrator version as principle not principal. You can't cover it up and pretend like you used the correct version when it is in your own comment retard. I hope you don't have any kids, the last thing we need is for your children to inherit your genetics of stupidity.Drug abuse kills brain cells and you are living proof of that.
No. Principal is the admin. Principle isn't. You're just an idiot and embarrassed.
Lee

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Jan 22, 2013
ex student wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Principal is the admin. Principle isn't. You're just an idiot and embarrassed.
Nice try, but you fail, just like you fail in life. It is not my fault that a kindergartener is smarter than you are and you can not spell the word principal correctly. It seems that your mcdonalds job flipping burgers is as good as it will ever get for you, since you have no life skills at all. You're a c u n t and you have lost the discussion, we all know you're stupid,you should do the world a favor and go stick your head in the toilet and drown yourself.

If you are a guy I would like to challenge you to a fight if you have the balls that is. How about you put your money where your mouth is and come fight me b i t c h.
schools

Jonesboro, AR

#27 Jan 22, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but you fail, just like you fail in life. It is not my fault that a kindergartener is smarter than you are and you can not spell the word principal correctly. It seems that your mcdonalds job flipping burgers is as good as it will ever get for you, since you have no life skills at all. You're a c u n t and you have lost the discussion, we all know you're stupid,you should do the world a favor and go stick your head in the toilet and drown yourself.
If you are a guy I would like to challenge you to a fight if you have the balls that is. How about you put your money where your mouth is and come fight me b i t c h.
Your comments are horrid.. just shows how much edcuation is really given around this area..NOT one word about making it better for the children.. its not about you or me.. but the children!!!! its really pitful how stupid some of these remarks are.
ITS ABOUT THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION YOUR CHILDREN WILL RECIEVE IN THE COMING YEARS, THIS WORLD IS CHANGING SO FAST, WE MUST GIVE OUR CHILDREN EVERY ADVANTAGE IN EDUCATION WE CAN.. STOP ALL THE STUPID REMARKS AND THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!
ex student

United States

#28 Jan 22, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try, but you fail, just like you fail in life. It is not my fault that a kindergartener is smarter than you are and you can not spell the word principal correctly. It seems that your mcdonalds job flipping burgers is as good as it will ever get for you, since you have no life skills at all. You're a c u n t and you have lost the discussion, we all know you're stupid,you should do the world a favor and go stick your head in the toilet and drown yourself.

Yup. You're every stupider than I thought and in a woman, but I'm sure I could beat your ass anyway. I don't waste my breathe on the lowly's though.
Reagan

Little Rock, AR

#29 Jan 25, 2013
The towns ought to be merged. The schools cover a wide district and there should only be one school district in eastern Lawrence County. The buildings coulc pretty much stay where they are for many years. The teaching, busing, and adminstrative staff could be better utilized with a merger. Why do you think all those school districts merged their special education services into one Education Cooperative? They thought it cost saving and staff efficient.
truth

Jonesboro, AR

#30 Jan 25, 2013
The education co_op is a total waste of taxpayer money! job"s are filled by who kisses the ass of the goofy and I mean goofy administrator! She is a nut case!
Trey

Melbourne, AR

#31 Jan 26, 2013
You may not like the Coop adminstrator who serves under all of the Superintendents but the Coop itself is a great help to all of our districts. And, no I don't work there nor do I have a relative that works there.
Making A Mess

United States

#32 Feb 16, 2013
I wish the feds and state would stop funding school like Walnut Ridge and Hoxie until they merge them at least adminstratively. We are in the 21st Century. Its time to get out of the horse and buggy day with out kids. Give them more opportunity and save a few taxes while doing it.
shoeless

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Feb 16, 2013
all these comments about merging the two schools has to be coming from walnut ridge. all walnut ridge has ever wanted is for someone else to pay their bill's
truth

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Feb 16, 2013
Look dumbass if you live here and pay taxes you pay the bill"s! Guess your a check drawing meth head!
Hoxie mom

Jonesboro, AR

#35 Feb 16, 2013
I will admit WR has better things than Hoxie, but I would not ever be cool with the 2 schools consolidated. It's all about the money people have in WR, at least at Hoxie if you are a volunteer at the school you get respect, no matter how much land you own or what you drive.
hot air

Jonesboro, AR

#36 Feb 16, 2013
Making A Mess wrote:
I wish the feds and state would stop funding school like Walnut Ridge and Hoxie until they merge them at least adminstratively. We are in the 21st Century. Its time to get out of the horse and buggy day with out kids. Give them more opportunity and save a few taxes while doing it.
While we're at it, have only one grocery store, one Church and one eating joint. Both schools have their "advantages" which attract prospective students. The two schools have one goal, an that should be to educate children. Neither school is suffering from an inability to serve. It's about choice here, and parents have every right to send their child to a school of their choice.
serve

Jonesboro, AR

#37 Feb 16, 2013
hot air wrote:
<quoted text>
While we're at it, have only one grocery store, one Church and one eating joint. Both schools have their "advantages" which attract prospective students. The two schools have one goal, an that should be to educate children. Neither school is suffering from an inability to serve. It's about choice here, and parents have every right to send their child to a school of their choice.
Sorry its actually about the EDUCATION of the children of this area, and if you would actually do your research you would find that a very high percentage of kids from both schools must start college taking remedial classes,in other words, classes they should have gotten in High Schools. So as a parent I suppose it does not matter to you that you will end up paying for an extra yr of college, so these little schools can stay the same??
Every time I read these post about consolidation of Hoxie/WR I never see anyone post anything about the education value the children are recieving, to heck with school choice. lets just upgrade and consolidate these schools and give our children a much broader eduation to carry them out into this world. you all sound like a bunch of unedcuated folks, only carrying about the school buildings and wht the football/sports teams will be called. EDUCATION FIRST. remember that. cosolidation would provide a much broader education for the area children. that is what YOU should be thinking of..
Hoxie mom

Jonesboro, AR

#38 Feb 16, 2013
Well I can say my child has gone way beyond with her education thanks to the patience and care the teachers show her. She has a learning disability yet she made AB honor roll becauce of the rolls the fine teachers have. The elementary principal and asst principal are great leaders too!
truth

Jonesboro, AR

#39 Feb 17, 2013
Do you enjoy talkng to yourself in the middle of the night! Try ambien or some good red wine!
hot air

Jonesboro, AR

#40 Feb 17, 2013
serve wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry its actually about the EDUCATION of the children of this area, and if you would actually do your research you would find that a very high percentage of kids from both schools must start college taking remedial classes,in other words, classes they should have gotten in High Schools. So as a parent I suppose it does not matter to you that you will end up paying for an extra yr of college, so these little schools can stay the same??
Every time I read these post about consolidation of Hoxie/WR I never see anyone post anything about the education value the children are recieving, to heck with school choice. lets just upgrade and consolidate these schools and give our children a much broader eduation to carry them out into this world. you all sound like a bunch of unedcuated folks, only carrying about the school buildings and wht the football/sports teams will be called. EDUCATION FIRST. remember that. cosolidation would provide a much broader education for the area children. that is what YOU should be thinking of..
Move your child to a 4 or 5A school. Your line of thinking says a smaller school can not educate. Furthermore research will find Hoxie and Walnut Ridge Schools providing an education to students which require
NO remediation. It's called hard work by these students while in High School. Not every student will be on the Honor Roll. Not every student will end up being a doctor. College isn't meant for every student. We've told ourselves over the past few years, college come after High School. Not in every case...we also need students to be machinists, salesmen, carpenters, mechanics and the list does on. That's why there are trade schools as well as colleges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 min Reality Check 35,158
Looking to rent 4 hr Stupid 5
Heather Tidwell/ French 7 hr Mandi 4
Hoxie Dog ban dog list (May '15) 7 hr Kaitlyn Jenner 42
Jailbirds 23 hr Urineluck 3
Christian books bible commentaries getting rid of Tue Mary Poppins 2
Hoxie Street Department Tue fact 3

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance