So sick of Pentecostal women! There I said it

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of296
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eye Full

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I believe the Bible talks about letting your light shine rather than shining your light. Think about it.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

The ones I know are, for the most part, rude, self-centered, and judgmental. They have very little compassion towards their own family if they do not follow their religious ideals. I mean they are just bad people. I find this odd because they make such a big fuss about what's on the outside instead of focusing on having a more Christ like heart and soul. Just my opinion from my own experiences with people of the Pentecostal belief.
guest

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Guest wrote:
The ones I know are, for the most part, rude, self-centered, and judgmental. They have very little compassion towards their own family if they do not follow their religious ideals. I mean they are just bad people. I find this odd because they make such a big fuss about what's on the outside instead of focusing on having a more Christ like heart and soul. Just my opinion from my own experiences with people of the Pentecostal belief.
Since you just made judgment upon the whole Pentecost denomination, I guess that makes you Pentecostal also.
bickyc

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

you shouldnt have to wear a sign, saying Look Im a Christian! it should show through your actions. You can tell a good person when you know them. If we all lined up naked, God would still know who follows Him, even without clothes. We come into the world naked, and we go out of the world naked. We dont have to have a long skirt and long hair to make sure He knows whos who. The Bible says God doesnt look at the outward appearance, He looks at the heart. Ive known many good people, church goers and not, that had Christ in their hearts, and they may have had the worst clothes on that they could have worn, but I knew they were Christians. Dont judge, but just saying.
GRRRR

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Glad to know others share my annoyance with these people.

Also funny how they believe in doing all that holy roller crap and speaking in tongues...didn't the Bible say to speak in tongues it has to be a known language and there has to be a translator? I didn't think babbling incoherant crap and running around like a moron counted, but these people seem to.
myself

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I've known lots of nice ones but also some who were rude too. I don't believe the way they do but I'm not going to condemn any of them or anyone at all. One time I did go to a church that was supposed to be nondenominational but it turned into a full-blown pentecostal service and one, it freaked me out. And two, I got nothing out of it since it was done in tongues and I learned nothing at all. I have nothing against them though. I have met some who are really very nice.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you just made judgment upon the whole Pentecost denomination, I guess that makes you Pentecostal also.
You can call it a judgement, but I see it as more of an observation of something blatantly obvious. And i was only referring to people that I know very well, not the Pentecostal denomination as a whole.
Julie

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Is Carolyn the manager of Flash Market pentecostal? I see she wears skirts all the time.
bickyc

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

GRRRR wrote:
Glad to know others share my annoyance with these people.
Also funny how they believe in doing all that holy roller crap and speaking in tongues...didn't the Bible say to speak in tongues it has to be a known language and there has to be a translator? I didn't think babbling incoherant crap and running around like a moron counted, but these people seem to.
yes, youre right
bickyc

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Im not judging them or any other denomination, i dont have that right. But, i know what I know because practically all of my family is pentecost. im not, but im a christian. I just use the Bible and the common sense God gave me each day. We have the freedom to believe what we want and thats wonderful. I just stay away from the rude ones, and say, whatever you want to believe. Theres no one between you and God in the end anyway. No one to blame but yourself. But i also think you can be so heavenly minded that youre no earthly good. Jesus didnt talk mean to the poor and sinners. He came to save them. When the wedding supper called to the "good ones", they couldnt come because they were too busy being righteious. The ones that came were the people most religious folks consider that theyre too good for. The bible says they came from the highways and the byways. So dont judge a book by its cover. it can be a religious looking bad book, or a every day dressed good book.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

to the person who commented on the speaking in tongues, A lot of people are confused about the speaking in tonques part. This is what is in the Bible. There is an unknown tonque which the Lord will give a message out to the Church which will be by one person, you will hear it loud and clear, because a hush will come over the church and will be very quiet. If babies are crying, they will even be quiet. Then the Lord will give someone else the interpretation of that message and he can tell the church what was said to them. Sometimes the person who gives out the message can interprate it. Now, on the other tonques. Any person who is spanish, or speaks any other language other then English may understand what the people are saying, this has been done many times, and people were amazed at how english speaking people could speak another language as their own. There has been people saved because of this, read the book of ACTs, I hope this has opened your eyes to the difference in tongues. Many people do not understand it and get confused. Let me add the infilling of the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues is the most wonderful thing you will ever experience. I walked on air three days after I got it and couldn't even feel the bed under me that I slept on. I won't you to know you are loved and I hope the Best for you.
shoeless

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

just because someone wears dresses all the time does not make them penticostal
wow

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

guest wrote:
to the person who commented on the speaking in tongues, A lot of people are confused about the speaking in tonques part. This is what is in the Bible. There is an unknown tonque which the Lord will give a message out to the Church which will be by one person, you will hear it loud and clear, because a hush will come over the church and will be very quiet. If babies are crying, they will even be quiet. Then the Lord will give someone else the interpretation of that message and he can tell the church what was said to them. Sometimes the person who gives out the message can interprate it. Now, on the other tonques. Any person who is spanish, or speaks any other language other then English may understand what the people are saying, this has been done many times, and people were amazed at how english speaking people could speak another language as their own. There has been people saved because of this, read the book of ACTs, I hope this has opened your eyes to the difference in tongues. Many people do not understand it and get confused. Let me add the infilling of the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues is the most wonderful thing you will ever experience. I walked on air three days after I got it and couldn't even feel the bed under me that I slept on. I won't you to know you are loved and I hope the Best for you.
Ok the day of Pentecost was the day that the disiples were given a gift of speaking in different languages so the multitude of different nationalities could understand what they were saying. It was a gift to them from God, its not for mankind to use at whim and these gifts have ceased since the new law has become in play. Please dont justify that gibberish as a sign from our Lord. We live in America and speak English, we are not disiples who are speaking to a multitude of different countries and nationalities and it sickens me that they use this as a supposed gift from God. The old law was done away with when Christ died for our sins, hence the New Testament..all of these gifts were gone when the disiples died.
Renee

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 23, 2012
 
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Ok the day of Pentecost was the day that the disiples were given a gift of speaking in different languages so the multitude of different nationalities could understand what they were saying. It was a gift to them from God, its not for mankind to use at whim and these gifts have ceased since the new law has become in play. Please dont justify that gibberish as a sign from our Lord. We live in America and speak English, we are not disiples who are speaking to a multitude of different countries and nationalities and it sickens me that they use this as a supposed gift from God. The old law was done away with when Christ died for our sins, hence the New Testament..all of these gifts were gone when the disiples died.
This would be a little clearer if you had used Apostles rather than disciples. And, of course only the Apostles could pass on spiritual gifts.
wow

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Renee wrote:
<quoted text>This would be a little clearer if you had used Apostles rather than disciples. And, of course only the Apostles could pass on spiritual gifts.
your correct. I should have been more clearer. But all these gifts stopped as they died. They could no longer pass this gift on. I dont know why they are so confused about this. Also no one has been raised from the dead in any spiritualy healing..Jesus did it and if it was a true God given gift then they would be able to do that as well. I believe that prayer does help and its very important. But I dont beleive any human has any special powers given to them from God. I beleive we can ask God ourselves for help, healing etc we dont have to go to someone and they heal. I believe a prayer chain is also good. Alot of people praying for someone, but I do not believe that someone has any more special power of a situation as anyone else.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

3

1

You will never know unless you have experienced this Holy Ghost power. Don't knock it, unless you have tried it. Blaspheme againest the Holy Ghost is an unforgiven sin.
wow

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

guest wrote:
You will never know unless you have experienced this Holy Ghost power. Don't knock it, unless you have tried it. Blaspheme againest the Holy Ghost is an unforgiven sin.
yes and so is false teaching and if u read ur bible it clearly tells you that those gifts have stopped, and in my opinion anyone who does that in the name of our Lord, is wrong. Just read ur bible thats all im saying and see. Dont listen to what ur preacher tells you or what u have been brought up to believe, read it for yourself. Please
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
You will never know unless you have experienced this Holy Ghost power. Don't knock it, unless you have tried it. Blaspheme againest the Holy Ghost is an unforgiven sin.
Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is when someone deliberately, knowingly, from their heart of hearts, accounts the work of God to the devil or the work of the devil to God. It is not something someone says out of ignorance or because they follow a different denomination. Read your Bible instead of assuming what someone else tells you is correct.
Hmmm

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

wow wrote:
<quoted text>yes and so is false teaching and if u read ur bible it clearly tells you that those gifts have stopped, and in my opinion anyone who does that in the name of our Lord, is wrong. Just read ur bible thats all im saying and see. Dont listen to what ur preacher tells you or what u have been brought up to believe, read it for yourself. Please
Can you back this up and tell me specifically where this is found raher than say, "read your bible?" what book?verse?
beleave

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Bottom line if that is the way you be leave then great if not don't worry about it. But yes I revived the gift of the holy ghost once and it is awesome. Pray...be leave and true and live right that is all you can do. The rest is up to god. Now lets let this all go and be Christians

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of296
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Walnut Ridge Forum right now

Search the Walnut Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cheating boysss 3 hr missafteryou 5
Mark Hughes 4 hr citizen 8
Blain Gibbs arrested 4 hr Can not believe it 1
20k Retirement per year for JR 5 hr uhh 13
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr Siwhat 9,715
Wrecks today 9 hr Curious 1
Next County Judge 9 hr Suggestion 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Walnut Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••