WR Homecoming 2012-2013 footbal

WR Homecoming 2012-2013 footbal

Posted in the Walnut Ridge Forum

guest

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Oct 17, 2012
Anyone ever notice how its usually all the "rich" kids getting the titles?
Raggedy Anne

Little Rock, AR

#2 Oct 17, 2012
Are you for real right now? The Looney's barely have a pot to piss in. Holly has clawed her way thru school to get to this point. Look at her maids...the Pinkstons aren't anything special and neither is Mary Rogers' family. It's not like there was that much competition. if not Holly, then who??

The Cunninghams and McQuays might have a little money, but those girls are athletes, supporting the teams at every turn, as is Looney. Sweet kids, either way!

It's the same old sob story every year!! Don't worry, you still have basketball homecoming and maybe next year to get picked for something!!!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Oct 17, 2012
Raggedy Anne
I wasn't actually meaning rich. As you can clearly see it is in quotations. Maybe a better word would be the popular kids. I know a lot of hardworking students who deserve a chance at something like this but it is always rigged. Yes Holly and Brittney Pinkston deserved it but as for the Cunningham girl the McQuay girl and the Roberts girl they got it because of there names and the fact that they are all dating football players. So before you get defensive please note that I was not trying to be rude. I was just simply stating a fact that most of your non popular kids who work hard and would love a chance at something like that never get the chance because of it being rigged.
Raggedy Anne

Little Rock, AR

#4 Oct 17, 2012
Since the beginning of time, it's been the "popular" girls or the ones dating the players that get Homecoming court. It's not about to change now. Fair or not, it is what it is.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Well honestly I think the school needs a dramatic change. It would help out the self confidence of all the other students trumendously. I know a few students who could use a confidence boost but are always afraid that these said "popular" kids will judge them amd laugh at them.
oh my

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Oct 18, 2012
There were plenty of popular kids that did not make it. I was told the Cox girl's mother actually cried because she did not make it. Sunnis is a sweet girl who is friendly to everyone. Maybe that is why she made it instead of a snob who thinks she is better than anyone else.
duhhh

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2012
The cox girl comes by her rudeness honestly. I was in school w/her aunt blair(rude) and her uncle brett(pri*k) and I remember her mom subbing in school and being a total bit*ch
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Oct 18, 2012
IT appears good ole Walnut Ridge has not changed much in the last 20 years.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Oct 18, 2012
I just hope that maybe one day things will change and they will give a chance to the kids that actually deserve something such as Homecoming court. A lot of kids want it and hope for it but never get it. I know its probably an impossible wish but maybe things will change in the future.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Oct 18, 2012
duhhh wrote:
The cox girl comes by her rudeness honestly. I was in school w/her aunt blair(rude) and her uncle brett(pri*k) and I remember her mom subbing in school and being a total bit*ch
I was there when she subbed too. She even got mad cause a mentally challenged student was in home ec just for a change since she was in the same classroom all day and said "why is she even in here if she's too stupid to be here?" It wasn't her fault she was mentally challenged and they let her go to home ec. It made her feel good to be with the rest of us kids and we loved her being in there with us. The comment she made was uncalled for. If she wasn't trying to be a B**** then she could've phrased her question politely asking why she was there.
No Desire

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Life is never just. WR has always had its ten cent millionaires. Most kids who want to work for it will get in a homecoming court. Some of those ame ones will not get into an honors club. Takes different kinds of people to make the world go round. Homecoming court ain't nothing to a lot of people. Frankly, it is not worth the gossip.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Oct 19, 2012
No Desire wrote:
Life is never just. WR has always had its ten cent millionaires. Most kids who want to work for it will get in a homecoming court. Some of those ame ones will not get into an honors club. Takes different kinds of people to make the world go round. Homecoming court ain't nothing to a lot of people. Frankly, it is not worth the gossip.
This is where you are wrong. Homecoming court is everything to some kids. I have seen kids cry because they don't get chosen. And you have to be chosen by your GPA to be in Honors at WR.
My Thoughts

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where you are wrong. Homecoming court is everything to some kids. I have seen kids cry because they don't get chosen. And you have to be chosen by your GPA to be in Honors at WR.
Then why don't they cry over not getting their GPA up? Ya'll are puttin to much into this Homecoming stuff. Girls need to realize that many of those in it later become prunes. At reunions the girls no one looked at in school now think they are beauty queens. Looks change. Go for the brians first, beauty later. Dumb blondes are a dime a dozen after 40.
Silly

United States

#15 Oct 19, 2012
This is all dumb. I am out of school not and trust me it doesn't go by your gpa or honors. The football team picks it and it usually goes to a girl friend or the some one on the team or a close friend. I don't think it is fair for people to say one person or another should or shouldn't get it. Yes it is important but it is only one thing in your life and really not that big of a deal in the big picture of life. Yes the girls and their parents think so but that's it. Very proud of the girls but everyone should be proud of all our kids at WR. Remeber life can change in a moment.
Missie

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2012
Nothing wrong with being pretty but a lot wrong with being a snob. Love eveybody. Appreciate in a special way those who have to try harder.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Oct 20, 2012
My Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text> Then why don't they cry over not getting their GPA up? Ya'll are puttin to much into this Homecoming stuff. Girls need to realize that many of those in it later become prunes. At reunions the girls no one looked at in school now think they are beauty queens. Looks change. Go for the brians first, beauty later. Dumb blondes are a dime a dozen after 40.
you're so right. That GPA is gonna get them a lot farther in life than homecoming court will.
GPA

United States

#18 Oct 21, 2012
Yes gpa is important but test scores are what matters. I have never heard of it being part of making homecoming.
snobs

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2012
There are snobs in every school and every job,town ect.
live here

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Oct 28, 2012
Raggedy Anne wrote:
Are you for real right now? The Looney's barely have a pot to piss in. Holly has clawed her way thru school to get to this point. Look at her maids...the Pinkstons aren't anything special and neither is Mary Rogers' family. It's not like there was that much competition. if not Holly, then who??
The Cunninghams and McQuays might have a little money, but those girls are athletes, supporting the teams at every turn, as is Looney. Sweet kids, either way!
It's the same old sob story every year!! Don't worry, you still have basketball homecoming and maybe next year to get picked for something!!!
i am in that rogers family mary is my sister and if i find out who u r i am going to beat your ass
Former Bobcat

Gregory, AR

#21 Oct 31, 2012
To be anybody at Walnut Ridge School, you had to have the right name, car, clothes, house, etc! I find that really sad, because everyone deserves a chance, if they have the grades for it. I am a family member of Mary Rogers, and I am very proud of her for proving that she is just as good as anybody else, even though she may not have the "Name"! I don't even know he Looney girl, but I'm proud of her, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacyk Snapp. (Jul '15) 1 hr yep 31
Curious!!! 4 hr jakefromstatefarm 2
Richard Friend 6 hr Wolfram 8
Sheriff Calender Thu WRUnderground 8
Walmart Super Center ? Wed Economics 102 3
The Darkside Wed FlyingMonkeys 14
Wreak Tue Wreak 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnut Ridge Mortgages