Yes

No

Not Sure

Guest31

Blytheville, AR

#82 Jan 21, 2013
Ole Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. It is about home defense and if necessary to fight the government if it ever comes to that. The founders had just had to do that against their former government.
More people are killed by cars every year than guns, let's outlaw them too.
The recent pronouncements by the Chief of Police & Mayor in Paragould indicate that jack booted police thugs who ignore "innocent until proven guilty" and are ignorant of the 4th Amendment are closer than you might think.
I agree. The Bill of Rights as it concerns the right to bear arms deals with self defense against an invading army. That was a problem then. The founding fathers didn't have any concept of what kind of violence was to come. I do not believe that assault rifles should be sold to the public, though. They weren't exactly designed to hunt deer. They are meant to hunt humans. They should be availble to only military and law enforcement personel only.

Benton, LA

#83 Jan 22, 2013
Guest31 wrote:
I do not believe that assault rifles should be sold to the public, though. They weren't exactly designed to hunt deer.
This is really getting old: The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting. Kindly show me the word "hunting" anywhere in the Bill of Rights.
Guest31 wrote:
They are meant to hunt humans.
Hence their necessity to the people for their defense.

Jonesboro, AR

#84 Jan 22, 2013
Guest31 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. The Bill of Rights as it concerns the right to bear arms deals with self defense against an invading army. That was a problem then. The founding fathers didn't have any concept of what kind of violence was to come. I do not believe that assault rifles should be sold to the public, though. They weren't exactly designed to hunt deer. They are meant to hunt humans. They should be availble to only military and law enforcement personel only.
You people really should educate yourself on these issues. First of all assault rifles are not sold to the public. An assault rifle has full auto capabilities and usually has a shorter barrel than the civilian "modern sporting" look a likes. Secondly all these weapons bans are based on purely cosmetic issues. I could have a ruger mini 14 ranch with a wood stock and you'd call it a hunting rifle. But if I dress it up with a black synthetic stock, a foregrip, a scope and light you think it magically becomes more lethal? And is now an assault rifle? Wrong!! The action and therefore the functionality of the weapon is the same.
Last but not least do some research. Handguns kill 6500+ a year. All rifles combined barely top 400. You say people don't need these rifle. Well people don't need booze, cigarettes, or fast cars do they? All of those things kill more people in a week than what are killed in a year by sporting rifles.
These weapons ban proposals are not about keeping anyone safe. It's simply about control and getting people to talk about something other than the outrageous spending the current administration is wanting.
Helen

United States

#85 Jan 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You people really should educate yourself on these issues. First of all assault rifles are not sold to the public. An assault rifle has full auto capabilities and usually has a shorter barrel than the civilian "modern sporting" look a likes. Secondly all these weapons bans are based on purely cosmetic issues. I could have a ruger mini 14 ranch with a wood stock and you'd call it a hunting rifle. But if I dress it up with a black synthetic stock, a foregrip, a scope and light you think it magically becomes more lethal? And is now an assault rifle? Wrong!! The action and therefore the functionality of the weapon is the same.
Last but not least do some research. Handguns kill 6500+ a year. All rifles combined barely top 400. You say people don't need these rifle. Well people don't need booze, cigarettes, or fast cars do they? All of those things kill more people in a week than what are killed in a year by sporting rifles.
These weapons ban proposals are not about keeping anyone safe. It's simply about control and getting people to talk about something other than the outrageous spending the current administration is wanting.
You sounded pretty good with this post until you got into politics which came direct from Fox "News". Sorry, you flunked.

Baton Rouge, LA

#86 Jan 22, 2013
Helen wrote:
<quoted text>You sounded pretty good with this post until you got into politics which came direct from Fox "News". Sorry, you flunked.
Sorry to disappoint but I don't watch Fox or any other big media outlet. I was just speaking from my own knowledge and opinion. What did I flunk?
Hunter Joe

United States

#87 Jan 22, 2013
They license dynamite so should similar things that cause mass distruction be licensed or regulated. So, I think its time to be more responsible and to stop hiding behind a belief we will some day have to fight our own government. Some have cried that ever since the Civil War.

Jonesboro, AR

#88 Jan 23, 2013
Hunter Joe wrote:
They license dynamite so should similar things that cause mass distruction be licensed or regulated. So, I think its time to be more responsible and to stop hiding behind a belief we will some day have to fight our own government. Some have cried that ever since the Civil War.
I agree, weapons of mass destruction should be regulated. However, an AR15 is far from a weapon of mass destruction. My son and I have both taken deer with mine. I've also took numerous coyotes with it. Never destroyed a single thing with hit. And guess what there are literally millions of other stories like mine! What is it that you think makes an AR15 so destructive compared to other 223/5.56 rifles?
Hunter Joe

United States

#89 Jan 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, weapons of mass destruction should be regulated. However, an AR15 is far from a weapon of mass destruction. My son and I have both taken deer with mine. I've also took numerous coyotes with it. Never destroyed a single thing with hit. And guess what there are literally millions of other stories like mine! What is it that you think makes an AR15 so destructive compared to other 223/5.56 rifles?
All the dead children!

Flint, TX

#90 Jan 23, 2013
Hunter Joe wrote:
All the dead children!
Those are from the drone strikes ordered by Obama. The kids at Sandy Hook were shot with a pistol.

Jonesboro, AR

#91 Jan 23, 2013
Hunter Joe wrote:
<quoted text>All the dead children!
You truly have no clue. Less than 4% of gun related deaths in America involve a rifle. And less than that involve what you would call "assault rifles". If people are truly concerned than you should educate yourself on the subject. Roughly 76% of gun related deaths involve handguns but no one is calling to ban them. Why? Because they don't look scary like sporting rifles do. Which brings me back to my original point, it doesn't matter what you get shot with. An AR fires the same round at the same velocity as hundreds of other firearms do. If you get shot by one there's a good chance it will be lethal. Yet people still call out AR's because of the way they look and because of what they hear from large media groups. Get out and find out for yourself. Those kids would be just as dead if he would of had a Remington 30/06 woods master. The 30/06 is actually even a lot more powerful and fires almost as fast.

Jonesboro, AR

#92 Jan 23, 2013
Teacher wrote:
I think the time has come. Make it a ten year sunset law and see what we get.
They did that from 94 to 04. It was sunset because it had no effect on on violent crime. Turns out the people who use guns illegally don't care what the law says.
Ole Timer

Little Rock, AR

#93 Jan 23, 2013
Helen wrote:
<quoted text> You sounded pretty good with this post until you got into politics which came direct from Fox "News". Sorry, you flunked.
I notice you have no facts to back up you assertions. And Fox is accurate far more often than CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, or MSNBC.
All make mistakes but the big 3 have their on agendas and it ain't for the common folk.

Just what did he get wrong and why or how is it wrong. The art of dedate is to refute with facts of your own, not wild assertions.
Kenny

Little Rock, AR

#94 Jan 25, 2013
Teacher wrote:
I think the time has come. Make it a ten year sunset law and see what we get.
Go for it! The NRA is a money grabbing organization that is widely supported by gun manufactors and gun dealers.
whats up

Jones, OK

#95 Jan 25, 2013
I just read that in a routine traffic stop in Texas police searching for drugs in a tractor trailer that was heading to the DHS headquarters found road signs that read martial law in effect. Anyone else hear of this.

Arlington, TX

#96 Jan 25, 2013
whats up wrote:
I just read that in a routine traffic stop in Texas police searching for drugs in a tractor trailer that was heading to the DHS headquarters found road signs that read martial law in effect. Anyone else hear of this.
Nope.
whats up

Jones, OK

#97 Jan 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You did now

Killeen, TX

#98 Jan 26, 2013
whats up wrote:
You did now
Doesn't mean its true. Sounds fake.
whats up

Jones, OK

#99 Jan 26, 2013
For Gun Control

Melbourne, AR

#100 Jan 26, 2013
If it is on the internet it has got to be so! LOL
whats up

Jones, OK

#101 Jan 27, 2013
For Gun Control wrote:
If it is on the internet it has got to be so! LOL
If its on the mainstream media it has got to be so. lol yea right kind of like sandy hook were one station says the ar was in his trunk and the other said he used it or the one that said there were 2 or 3 shooters with footage of police chasing other suspects and msnbc says theres only one and he conveniently shot himself with the ar 15. Let the gov brainwashing commercials mess up your common sense. I especially like the one where the chicks meeting the french model it wasnt even about the internet but they brain fkd alot of people with that hidden message. Now everything on the internet is a lie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreak 2 hr Wreak 7
The Darkside 3 hr Wimpy 13
Zelda's flea market 10 hr pac man 1
hays grocery store 11 hr not 12
Matt Fisher Dies in 5 car pile up on 412 today 11 hr kenny 11
Drug bust 12 hr Pizza Delivery 17
Stacyk Snapp. (Jul '15) 15 hr Gambler 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnut Ridge Mortgages