No

Not Sure

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Teacher

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2012
I think the time has come. Make it a ten year sunset law and see what we get.
Evan

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2012
Teacher wrote:
I think the time has come. Make it a ten year sunset law and see what we get.
That is not a bad idea. Also the large shell clips should be ban. Austrialia is a hunting society and they have been able to keep ir that way but have controlled their automatic weapons. Their killings have dropped by a large margin.

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>That is not a bad idea. Also the large shell clips should be ban. Austrialia is a hunting society and they have been able to keep ir that way but have controlled their automatic weapons. Their killings have dropped by a large margin.
Australia has the most strict gun laws, that is true. However, their gun related homicides were decreasing before they passed said laws. Statistics show no major difference after the passing of the laws. This is know as a major failure of gun laws. The Australian government spent hundreds of millions of dollars and had little effect on gun related crimes. You should do better research next time.
Old Cat

Little Rock, AR

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Ok, face the facts. Clinton passed the first assault weapons ban in September of 1994. The Columbine tragedy occurred in April of 1999, a near four years after this ban went into effect. The shooters at Columbine used weapons that were directly listed in this ban. The assault weapons ban was lifted in 2004. It is obvious a ban is not the answer.
Blc

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Dec 18, 2012
You idiots the guns aren't the problem if someone is crazy enough to go on a shooting spree bad enough they will get guns..the problem is locating these people before they go on a rampage and stopping them..and allowing more people to carry guns to defend against these idiots. Look at states that have open carry laws they have the lowest gun related crimes in the us.
Ole Timer

Little Rock, AR

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Evan wrote:
<quoted text> That is not a bad idea. Also the large shell clips should be ban. Austrialia is a hunting society and they have been able to keep ir that way but have controlled their automatic weapons. Their killings have dropped by a large margin.
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. It is about home defense and if necessary to fight the government if it ever comes to that. The founders had just had to do that against their former government.
More people are killed by cars every year than guns, let's outlaw them too.
The recent pronouncements by the Chief of Police & Mayor in Paragould indicate that jack booted police thugs who ignore "innocent until proven guilty" and are ignorant of the 4th Amendment are closer than you might think.
Bill

United States

#7 Dec 20, 2012
I think it is real scary that people collect guns in case they have a falling out with our government. I have owned guns all of my life and I have never thought of collecting them inorder to fight against my own government, "if I should need to."
guns not the problem

United States

#8 Dec 21, 2012
Guns are not the problem! Idiots are the problem! I could make a mile long list of things that kill more people every year than guns do! I don't hear anyone screaming lets ban those items! People kill people, not guns! Since when do criminals obey laws anyway? If we are going to make assault weapons illegal then we should make heroin and meth illegal too! Another problem is the media! All you hear about are bad things that people have done with guns! What about all the good things armed citizens have done? There have been several several cases where an armed citizen has stopped a person from commenting a mass murder incident! If you think more gun laws are the answer then move your stupid ass to Canada!
me

Atlanta, TX

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Please explain to me why I shouldn't be able to own an AR-15 type firearm. They are not assault rifles! Last time I checked they are modern sporting rifles. We already have laws taking care of assault weapons. A fully automatic ie machine gun is a assault rifle. They are made to kill efficiently. A semi automatic rifle is made for pleasure shooting or hunting. They also double over and made great self defense firearms. The AR-15 platform and similar weapons make great youth deer rifles as they have little recoil and adjustable stocks to fit youngsters. Many competitive shooters also choose the AR system due to its modular design. You can make them into precision single shots for long range target shooting or light and agile for practical shooting. Not to mention they are the most popular rifle in America. The public didn't cry for more laws after the CT shooting, they went out and bought these mislabeled "assault rifles". What does that tell us?
Ole Timer

Little Rock, AR

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Bill wrote:
I think it is real scary that people collect guns in case they have a falling out with our government. I have owned guns all of my life and I have never thought of collecting them inorder to fight against my own government, "if I should need to."
Maybe you should do some thinkin. YOu just gonna knuckel under when they come for you like they did all over Europe? Historical trend is more freedoms taken away each year. Can't even buy the soda of your choice in NYC mucl less own a weapon to defend yourself with cause the govt knows better than them. What if there are riots and looting when the govt goes broke and can't send out those checks anymore? Gonna wait for the govt to come protect you and yours? Good Luck with that.
Lonnie

United States

#11 Dec 21, 2012
You don't like government? What kind would you have? You are a so cock sure know it all, tell how you would make it better and how you would pay for it and what would you do with all of the disabled, elderly and very poor and uneducated?
Fact

United States

#12 Dec 23, 2012
The time has come that if you possess an assault rifle you are a suspected gun nut with a violent intent.
Parent

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Dec 23, 2012
question.. how man kids could he have killed IF he only had a reg shotgun or pistol? NOT 26 people, esp, not 20 6 yr old children.. as a society we must stop and think about the number of children that would have survived if he had not had the auto gun he had.. its alot to think about.

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Parent wrote:
question.. how man kids could he have killed IF he only had a reg shotgun or pistol? NOT 26 people, esp, not 20 6 yr old children.. as a society we must stop and think about the number of children that would have survived if he had not had the auto gun he had.. its alot to think about.
You don't know what your talking about. You have never shot a shotgun. They are more deadly than a
AR-15

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Dec 23, 2012
Parent wrote:
Ok jackass he had a semi auto weapon which is not an assault rifle but the media still calls any variant that. And a person with the right shotgun or pistol could do just the same. People with no knowledge of weapons find it easy to blame "assault weapons" when in reality we have much deeper issues to deal with. Something has to be done but people like you have no clue on what needs to be done and people like me don't know much more but we do know a little but more
me

United States

#16 Dec 23, 2012
Lets look at it this way. Each victim was shot at least 3 time and some up to 11. Lets assume he had a 30 round magazine, which is standard on an AR platform. If we average it out to 4 shots per victim that is 80 shots he took. He still could've killed 20 children if he gun held 5 rounds. The gun doesn't do anything wrong and it doesn't determine how many people are kill/wounded. The operator decides that. A person proficient with a bolt action rifle can kill as many people if not more than a less skilled man with a high capacity modern semi automatic sport rifle. The media refers to them as "assault rifles" even though they are not.
james r

Jones, OK

#17 Dec 24, 2012
whats the first thing hitler did before slaughtering all the jews? He banned guns. Why didnt the Japanese make a land assault after pearl harbor? Japans top general told his leaders it was not possible because they would find a gun behind each blade of grass. They werent worried at all about americas military it was armed citizens that scare the shet out of potential attackers. Your government cannot protect you from guns only you and your guns can protect you.The mindset of some people amazes me, should we have banned airplanes after 9/11. NO, so why would anyone think we should give up our rights and start the gradual loss of every freedom we enjoy.
Linda

United States

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Lonnie wrote:
You don't like government? What kind would you have? You are a so cock sure know it all, tell how you would make it better and how you would pay for it and what would you do with all of the disabled, elderly and very poor and uneducated?
No one has answered as yet.
Skyhawk

United States

#19 Dec 24, 2012
The White church folks that voted in the last national election made p 40% of the electorate. A fighting majority, but not a majority.
Duh

United States

#20 Dec 25, 2012
If a shot gun will do a much or more harm than a rAR then why do we need ARs in our homes??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Guest 38,353
"addiction is a disease" 8 hr Frank 7
hud 15 hr Clover 1
Sonic Mon Wack em 2
People need to mind there own business Mon guest 3
News City council moves forward with condemnation Sun Crest 7
Pregnant again? Jul 23 Sad 3

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance