informed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Is your water bill outrageous? There is no way I am using this much water. What's going on here?
black river

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Mine was outrageous also. Over $100.00.
True thing

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

I know someones who was 50 dollars for just two people, and another whose was 100 dollars.. I was wandering the same thing.
dont know

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Check for leaks, I have 4 people that live in my house and we do laundry everyday and showers for everyone, and mine is only around 40 to 45 dollars a month.
JustHere

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Mine was running anywhere from 80 to 120 and they called and had me check for leaks, and sure enough i had two and since having them fixed its back down to around 30 dollars a month, and the leaks were small and you wouldnt think it would cause that much of a problem but i could be nothing but youre toilet running a little and it can spike up bad!
hmmmmm

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Mine went from 100.00 to 170.00. I'm going up there. Something really is not right!!!!
just sayin

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

If you do have a leak, you can usually show them proof and they can cut your bill down some for ya
Shocked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

they wouldnt cut mine, even with proof but that doesnt mean they wont cut yours!
Runt for Mayor

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Sewer, Sewer, Sewer! That is the problem in Walnut Ridge and is going to get worse. This is Runt, Runt for Mayor, and our sewage bills stink.
huhh

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

I rigged my water meter so I could tell if they read it or not.

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

They don't read those water meters, My husband has put oil on ours where you could not even see the meter,just to see if they actually would read it..
And why do we have someone over our water dept that lives in Imboden, not to mention dumb as a box of rocks....And the worst part I think is when the water is yellow, and you can't wash your white clothes,and it smells like dirt,I also grew up in the country on well water, never was the lime as bad as good ole walnut ridge..........The idiots that run this down...

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

TOWN***
HAHA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Read a meter! That would mean they do their jobs! Seriously ive watched them pull up in my driveway, step out lift my cover put it back on and drive away, sad thing is, mine stays under water theres no way they know how much water im usuing a month! Ive looked in the hole myself, you cant see anything!
waterhead

Sulphur Springs, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

yeah my water bill went up to almost one hundred dollars on two different occasions they came and checked for leaks no leaks. ended up on both occasions they had overread my meter by 20,000 gallons no if i had just paid it or not said anything i imagine they would have kept charging me that they had no explanation for the overread except that mistakes happen. but from reading this is it really mistakes?? if it is they need to hire a new reader!!
bas

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Guest wrote:
They don't read those water meters, My husband has put oil on ours where you could not even see the meter,just to see if they actually would read it..
And why do we have someone over our water dept that lives in Imboden, not to mention dumb as a box of rocks....And the worst part I think is when the water is yellow, and you can't wash your white clothes,and it smells like dirt,I also grew up in the country on well water, never was the lime as bad as good ole walnut ridge..........The idiots that run this down...
You are right the lime is bad. My bill run at least 100.00 per month.When I lived in hoxie my bill was only 35.00 a month and it was better water.
ummmm

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

If your meter is full of water to where you cant see the meter, you should request they ck for a leak, usually standing water around a meter indicates a leak! Call the water dept and ask for your meter to be ckd for leaks!!!
me too

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Judged:

My water bill has no consistency. It will will be like 30 something dollars for like 3 or 4 months then all of a sudden it shoots up to like $75 Then the next month its back down to like 30 dollars.
BillsBillsBills

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2010

Well i reported my meter being under water they came out and said well its only because of the rain, this was durring the dry part of summer there had been no rain, im mean seriously, how stupid do they think i am, and im on Hoxie water..not walnut ridge, ive had nothing but trouble!
i know

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

waterhead wrote:
yeah my water bill went up to almost one hundred dollars on two different occasions they came and checked for leaks no leaks. ended up on both occasions they had overread my meter by 20,000 gallons no if i had just paid it or not said anything i imagine they would have kept charging me that they had no explanation for the overread except that mistakes happen. but from reading this is it really mistakes?? if it is they need to hire a new reader!!
stupied butt they have a tube that they look down when the water is in your box so they can read it geee
HA HA HA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Judged:

i know wrote:
<quoted text>
stupied butt they have a tube that they look down when the water is in your box so they can read it geee
Do they now? Well if they have such things shouldnt they be required to use them? ha ha ive never seen them use anything remotly close to what youre talking about because in fact they DONT, because in fact theyre lazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Walnut Ridge Forum right now

Search the Walnut Ridge Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blake Snow 1 hr guest 1
david mounts 1 hr Guest 2
charles snap will loose 4 hr Susan 17
Who is the next mayor 4 hr jared 10
Night in the park 8 hr guest 10
Another failed Snapp project 10 hr Running with the fools 7
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 hr fyi 28,991
•••
•••