New Restaurant Coming
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious Bob

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2012
I see major work being done on the old Moore Bros. building on West Main. I hear it will be one of the nicest eateries in the region. I sure hope so. I can't believe the number of workers that are working on it. I hear over a half million dollars is being spent on it. Maybe we are going to return to the glory of the early fine dining of the Davy Crockett and especially that of the Salad Bowl and the Lawrence Hotel. I hear they will serve top of the cut steaks on Friday and Saturday and a buffet every day that will match any in Jonesboro. Now, I learned this at the coffee shop and you know that which is heard there is about half right, most of the time.
Regardless, it is obvious a lot of work is being done in the complete remodling job. It is going to clean up one more eyesore and should bring more people into town. Personally I think food service is a good direction for WR to go. We have floundered too long. Just glad to see progress.
Curious Bob

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2012
Curious Bob wrote:
I see major work being done on the old Moore Bros. building on West Main. I hear it will be one of the nicest eateries in the region. I sure hope so. I can't believe the number of workers that are working on it. I hear over a half million dollars is being spent on it. Maybe we are going to return to the glory of the early fine dining of the Davy Crockett and especially that of the Salad Bowl and the Lawrence Hotel. I hear they will serve top of the cut steaks on Friday and Saturday and a buffet every day that will match any in Jonesboro. Now, I learned this at the coffee shop and you know that which is heard there is about half right, most of the time.
Regardless, it is obvious a lot of work is being done in the complete remodling job. It is going to clean up one more eyesore and should bring more people into town. Personally I think food service is a good direction for WR to go. We have floundered too long. Just glad to see progress.
So is this going to be Country buffet with steaks available on the week end? I did hear at work that the people cooking and operating it are coming our of a major Jonesboro restaurant.
irene

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Feb 1, 2012
How old are you son! I'm pert near ninety and I don"t remember any fine dining at the lawrence hotel!
As I See It

United States

#4 Feb 1, 2012
irene wrote:
How old are you son! I'm pert near ninety and I don"t remember any fine dining at the lawrence hotel!
Honey child you ain't old enough.
Lucky Jo

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2012
Curious Bob wrote:
<quoted text> So is this going to be Country buffet with steaks available on the week end? I did hear at work that the people cooking and operating it are coming our of a major Jonesboro restaurant.
If their steaks measure up with Colton's I will be a regular customer. If their buffet is as good as Western Sizzlin I will be there even more often. If the place is as clean as you expect a good restaurant to be it will also be a big plus. It of course is going to be tough to provide all of that in a half million dollar plus restaurant and have reasonable prices. It would be nice to have place that people come from miles around to dine there. We'll keep our forks crossed. For some reason I feel WR is making a bit of a come back.
same guys

United States

#7 Feb 1, 2012
The same guys that own Adriana's are opening this restaurant. Last I heard it as gonna either be steaks, BBQ, or country style buffet. Half a mil? Hard to believe, as they are doing most of the work themselves.

Food will be awesome, though and you can't beat their service! Certainly need something else here that isn't fast food!!
lawrencecountian

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 2, 2012
I doubt the half mil figure, they could build a new concrete building like already exist cheaper than that, on the other hand ;major' remodeling is going on and it looks like it is going to be nice.
Location

Bexar, AR

#9 Feb 2, 2012
Location, location and location! I give it six months after opening, tops!
lawrencecountian

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Feb 2, 2012
Location wrote:
Location, location and location! I give it six months after opening, tops!
Best location possible right on 412 should do a great business.
Runt

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2012
Dang wrote:
Half mill being spent? Lol, we'll see how long this lasts before they go bankrupt...
Why do seem to hope they fail???
progress

Shreveport, LA

#12 Feb 2, 2012
The new restaurant will be an asset for our county. It's nice to see new businesses opening.
Arkie

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 3, 2012
Runt wrote:
<quoted text> Why do seem to hope they fail???
Runt there are a lot of "nay sayers" on topix who only want to hurt and put down. Fortunately they do not represent everyone.
Rusty

United States

#14 Feb 3, 2012
lawrencecountian wrote:
I doubt the half mil figure, they could build a new concrete building like already exist cheaper than that, on the other hand ;major' remodeling is going on and it looks like it is going to be nice.
Just remember, they bought a half or more of a city block that has multiple buildings on it and they are doing extensive remodeling. I say with fixtures they will have a half mil tied up in it. I stopped by and while it appeared family was doing some odd jobs, local carpenters, etc. were doing most all of the work. It looks like a big investment to me. It's a great location. I hope it works for them and helps our community. We have another good restaurant just down the road at Don's. Good food restaurants seem to do good everywhere if they have good management. I say Yeah!!!
business minded

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 4, 2012
It is a great location, they are completely remodeling the entire building, even adding some to it, does anybody know the target opening date?
Susan

Houston, TX

#16 Feb 4, 2012
business minded wrote:
It is a great location, they are completely remodeling the entire building, even adding some to it, does anybody know the target opening date?
I was told by one of the workers when I ran into them the other day that his target for getting done in March 1. Even if it is a month or more later it will be a welcome event. Many of us are anxious to see WR make progress and this is just one thing that will help. Every new business should be welcomed by us all. I can't wait to walk in the new clothing store on Main next to the bank. Does anyone know when it is to open?? If you have not tried the new cake and candy place on Main next to the Prosecutor's office you should try it, They do fantastic work and have some of the best party ideas and decorations.
Excited

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2012
Yes I am excited we are getting some new stuff here in town. I love the cake place and also love the one on the corner that makes cup cakes. I also am excited about he new clothing store that is opening but hope it isn't to expensive. I am not sure why the they had to gut the building out that is going to be the new restaurant but I am sure it will be nice when they get done. I heard there was going to be a yogurt place but it hasn't opened yet. That would be great if we get it. I know as for myself and my family we will shop and eat in town if we like it. We are excited for the new stuff!
Yes

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2012
progress wrote:
The new restaurant will be an asset for our county. It's nice to see new businesses opening.
An asset? Oh yes just what we need is another eating place... What we need is factories,businesses when people can support their families,insurance benefits and such. People who are willing to work have to drive to Jonesboro and with high gas prices as it is...Yeah what an asset another place to fill your fat belly.....
Worker

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Feb 5, 2012
If you folks will demand that stores carry made in America and stop buying all the junk made in China and other places, then factories. Until then no factory is going to locate here or any other place in the U.S. Look at the label before you buy, if made outside the U.S. then throw it in the floor.
Yes wrote:
<quoted text> An asset? Oh yes just what we need is another eating place... What we need is factories,businesses when people can support their families,insurance benefits and such. People who are willing to work have to drive to Jonesboro and with high gas prices as it is...Yeah what an asset another place to fill your fat belly.....
TKa

Dallas, TX

#22 Feb 5, 2012
Ready to see what is in store for walnut ridge. We definitely need new eating places
Yes

United States

#23 Feb 5, 2012
you would

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bank news? 6 min why 14
District 60 Race 33 min Wendall 30
What's wrong with Parents 4 hr Duster 6
Near WR comm center 10 hr thwhat 5
flea market action? 20 hr paint slinger 1
One hundred twenty six inmates in Lawrence CO jail 22 hr Trump 21
Valero Sun Professor Poots 8

Walnut Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnut Ridge Mortgages