First Prev
of 3
Next Last
church tax evasion

Terry, MS

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Apparently churches are Doing business .selling properties and making profits and never paying taxes. And calling it a blessing.
501c3 non profit

Middleton, TN

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Is goodwill a business or a non-profit? They are a non-profit. They take in billions of dollars a year in revenue but they don't pay taxes. Why? Because the non-profit status is not determined by how the funds are received, but rather how they are distributed. The "profits"(income minus expenses) do not go to stockholders or investors or private individuals.
Npo's can and do employ people who are paid a salary. This is part of the expenses. It is not tax evasion as your post tried to imply.
You just have a misunderstanding of u.s. tax laws.
Have a nice day
church tax evasion

Jackson, MS

#3 Jul 26, 2012
U know there is a line u are crossing. Business done by people n the church under the church's name so they don't pay taxes.u know its dishonest. Its a lifestyle . Cheat the goverment at every way possible all in. Jesus name. It is habit.
501c3 non profit

Middleton, TN

#4 Jul 27, 2012
Abiding by tax laws set by the government is not cheating the government.
Churches all over the country run bookstores, daycares, fitness centers, sell peanut brittle, rent out their facilities for weddings and other events. It is not illegal. You are just looking for something to complain about.

Individual people are not making a profit by doing business under the church's name. Any money that an individual is paid as a salary from a non-profit organization is personal income and that person reports it when they file their personal income tax. You do not see the personal tax returns of any employee of any church in this town or any other town, for that matter.
So for you to say they are cheating the government, is just wild speculation and false accusation.
big dog

Bellevue, WA

#5 Jul 30, 2012
its not the church its the pastor he has brain washed his members all the money goes to him and his wife go to the court house pull the property its all in potifeilds name hes a smart man living off his members but his day will come live in a manison that the church built and all his members live in poverty thats sad
duh

Middleton, TN

#6 Jul 30, 2012
big dog wrote:
its not the church its the pastor he has brain washed his members all the money goes to him and his wife go to the court house pull the property its all in potifeilds name hes a smart man living off his members but his day will come live in a manison that the church built and all his members live in poverty thats sad
you know not what you speak!
fact check

Middleton, TN

#7 Jul 30, 2012
ok, you made a claim that can be checked for accuracy.
you claimed that all the church property was in the porterfield's name

we can check that online. the link below lists all is where i searched all alcorn county property records and listed all property listed under the last name Porterfield.

http://www.deltacomputersystems.com/cgi-lrm5/...

check the list. no property in alcorn county listed to gary or carol porterfield.

i guess now you will say that he owns the property under a fake name.

lol, your facts didn't check out. you sir, or ma'am, are either a liar or a person who is repeating what a liar said, therefore your argument is invalid.

good day.
goodday2u

Saltillo, MS

#8 Jul 30, 2012
not under their name or fake name , they are too deceitful for that. the facts do check out.this behavior is tax fraud but you can get around it all because churches do not have to pay taxes, if you are dishonest enough to do this sort of thing. the facts speak for them self. they know exactly what they are doing. there is nothing to argue here.
why

Sumrall, MS

#9 Jul 30, 2012
Why would a church be incorporated?
big dog

Bellevue, WA

#10 Jul 31, 2012
yall are stupid if he killed a person yall would take up for him and by the way i think that land is in tippah co it is not in jncc its owned by him like all the trailor parks yall go on down there and pay him he loves yall until theres no money justlook its all about money if a pastor gets in the pullpit and lies about the bible hes in the wrong open your eyes bible says the ten of your pay not the fifteenth also if i went to church and the pastor wanted my w2 form a big red flag would go up yall need come on over to bro watsons
Fact check

Jackson, TN

#11 Jul 31, 2012
Appearantly your lack of knowledge extends into the realm of mississippi geography (not to mention spelling, grammar, and proper sentence construction). Both JNCC campuses and the rental trailers are all in Alcorn county.
Admit you were wrong, and move on.
quote

Hattiesburg, MS

#12 Jul 31, 2012
You are so smart. You probably know who said this..." I buy and sell all my properties under the church's name so I wont have to pay taxes"
many

Hattiesburg, MS

#13 Jul 31, 2012
Many properties in many counties
thrift shopper

Bellevue, WA

#14 Jul 31, 2012
When i would go to their thrift shop when Mrs. Faye ran it for them i never paid taxes. Then Mrs. Polly was there and I started having to pay taxes. She said that not charging taxes on their stuff had really hurt them. I didn't ask how but i wish i had now.
EXXON

Bellevue, WA

#15 Aug 1, 2012
thrift shopper wrote:
When i would go to their thrift shop when Mrs. Faye ran it for them i never paid taxes. Then Mrs. Polly was there and I started having to pay taxes. She said that not charging taxes on their stuff had really hurt them. I didn't ask how but i wish i had now.
mrs faye doesnt charge taxes at her place now bt the other thrift store does
Listen

United States

#16 Aug 1, 2012
Well someone may need to tell Mrs. Faye that taxes are required even if it is a non profit organization, and i think hers is a personal business.. JNCC is only doing things according to law apparently. Becareful or you're gonna get Mrs.. Faye in trouble.
avoidingtruth

Hattiesburg, MS

#17 Aug 1, 2012
Listen wrote:
Well someone may need to tell Mrs. Faye that taxes are required even if it is a non profit organization, and i think hers is a personal business.. JNCC is only doing things according to law apparently. Becareful or you're gonna get Mrs.. Faye in trouble.
you seem to know which comments to avoid.
tosmartone

Hattiesburg, MS

#18 Aug 1, 2012
quote wrote:
You are so smart. You probably know who said this..." I buy and sell all my properties under the church's name so I wont have to pay taxes"
where's your comment on this?
TellTruthStayInC huch

Walnut, MS

#19 Aug 1, 2012
ok people i hardly ever comment on here but there is a time to speak and a time to SHUT UP and this is my time to speak......... There is some thing that the Porterfields could have done differently but all is done!!!! Bro. Porterfield is a wonderful man and his wife is a great lady !! My view is this forum needs to end ! I f you dont aggree with them thats fine just keep it to yourself there is no need in constanly start threads on them and running their name in the mud ! He is A MAN OF GOD and should be treated as one! And BIG DOG whoever u are i don't know how u church is ran but u DON"T RUN OTHERS DOWN TO BUILD URSELF UP! Your pastor must not have taught u that ! Also Bro.Porterfield teaches the truth the bible speaks that the elder of the church should have one Wife not to bring up any old pains but thats church isn't ran that way o before u run down one that is check urself and remember the bibl;e also says TOUCH NOT MY INNOINTED AND MY PROPHET NO HARM!I love ALL the people of WALNUT!!
Fact check

Middleton, TN

#20 Aug 1, 2012
tosmartone wrote:
<quoted text>where's your comment on this?
Baseless accusations
No need for comment
Your lies have already been proven wrong
So you make up other crap

Oh
And not charging tax hurt because the store still had to pay sales tax to the state for items sold.
As do all other places that engage in commerce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so walmart 16 hr phooie 1
Fourth of July , Independence Day Lack of In Wa... (Jun '12) 16 hr seems 11
Samantha Waldon Thu alkielee2014 2
dionna drewrey Tue lol 1
dionna drewrey Tue lol 1
anna marie mullins Dec 23 rut 8
kyle wilbanks? (May '13) Dec 22 alkielee2014 3
Walnut Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Walnut People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Walnut News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Walnut

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:23 am PST

NBC Sports 4:23AM
Report: Steven Jackson unlikely to play this week
NFL 5:53 AM
Steven Jackson reportedly likely out for Falcons
NBC Sports 8:56 AM
Julio Jones practices on Friday
NFL 9:46 AM
Injury roundup: Julio Jones questionable vs. Panthers
NBC Sports10:02 AM
Julio Jones, Steven Jackson questionable for Sunday