Inmate dies at central Mississippi prison

There are 5 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Apr 26, 2012, titled Inmate dies at central Mississippi prison. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

WALNUT GROVE, Miss. -- Mississippi corrections officials are investigating the death of an inmate at the Walnut Grove Youth Correctional Facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

Justice

Clayton, NC

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Mainly and most importantly is ALL of the "people" employed there...from the top down....are still there...Why? They continue to operate as they have...they continue to brutalize our son's physically and mentally, they continue to bring DRUGS into the facility, they continue to put them in solitary confinement, they continue to demean them and take away their hope, they continue to treat them like they are a piece of trash. REgardless of the allegations and lawsuits against them, they continue. WHY??? We are still paying their salaries...we are allowing them to CONTINUE TO KILL OUR SON'S in one form or another. Every single one of those individuals that are employed their...as well as some of those at MSDOC and GEO group...must be relieved of their duties and yes, some of them should have charges brought against THEM and be in prison. The rest of them need psychiatric help...seriously...how can a person allow and even want for another, especially young men, brutality????? I feel beyond saddened for the individuals who recently lost their son and I hope and pray that they do not listen to any EXCUSES from that facility or any other person of "power"...

Since: Dec 05

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Apr 27, 2012
IF it was suicide, which is questionable, it was probably because he was in for a sex offense and could have been driven to it by the other inmates who view sex offenses as well......there is no mercy for those inmates. Obviously, nothing was done to protect this inmate and well..... we'll see what the investigation shows...rolls eyes.. I'm sure this is the last you'll hear about this inmate.

I remember an inmate there Vick I think his name killed himself while in the hole because he couldn't get anyone's attention. He put a rope around his neck and was staging a suicide to get out of the hole, but accidentally hung himself. He was discovered the next morning when shift changed still hanging there. The other inmates in the hole heard him dying and could do nothing about it. No one would respond.

Never heard another thing about Vick's death. He was scheduled to go home in 2 weeks so had no motive to kill himself. The panic buttons never worked even though CO's said they did.

It doesn't surprise WG is business as usual even after the court order, decree and DOJ investigation. No surprise at all. And the average citizen of Mississippi doesn't care, doesn't care at all. I'm in Chicago and I care more than anyone I've ever run into down there.
can it possibly be

Hattiesburg, MS

#3 Apr 28, 2012
Suicide is probably unlikely my husband spent 3 days there and within the first 15 minutes of arriving someone had been stabbed! Then a inmate tells him if he doesn't give up his brand new striped out pants and the rest of his goods he will be stabbed also! I don't understand why they haven't shut this sorry excuse for a prison down

Since: Dec 05

Saint Charles, IL

#4 Apr 29, 2012
How was your husband lucky enough to only spend 3 days there?

At least WG had a decent mail room that didn't destroy the cards and letters like Parchman does. WG pretty much gave the inmate their mail without destroying it in the process. Plus an inmate at WG could get as many books as they wanted. A kid could get a cardboard box full of books if that's how many came. Box sets were okay as well which Parchman doesn't allow. I sent many box sets like Star Wars, LOTR, Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight, Eragon, etc. This kept shipping costs down not having to order each book seprately. WG also allowed e-mails and the MP3 program which was a plus. E-mails were cheap and music downloads cost a little more than i-Tunes. Parchman doesn't allow either and mail is regularly mutilated for no reason.
KIM

Natchez, MS

#5 May 29, 2012
I have a relative whom is incarcerated there and he has more problems from the guards than he do the inmates. These guards are putting these inmates to do things and then keeping them in the clear. This is horrible and I AM GOING TO FIGHT THIS TO THE END. I BE DAMN IF THEY GET AWAY WITH KILLING THESE INMATES!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Philadelphia, MS (Aug '10) Sat Jlow 69
Review: Shiners Tattoo Apr 25 inzombiact 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Abe Lincon 60
News On This Day: Bodies of Three Civil Rights Worke... Mar '15 Jennifer Renne _r... 2
Are the Choctaws in Jackson County considered a... (Jul '14) Feb '15 Isaac 2
Depletion of Fossil Fuel Dec '14 Judy Jin 1
bi/curious, want to swallow other guy's loads Nov '14 betty 36DD 2
More from around the web

Walnut Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]