Police: 15-year-old girl learning to ...

Police: 15-year-old girl learning to drive a SUV critically injured man riding a bike

There are 10 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Aug 19, 2008, titled Police: 15-year-old girl learning to drive a SUV critically injured man riding a bike. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

A 22-year-old man is in critical condition after being struck by an SUV while riding his bicycle on Davison Drive in Antioch this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

That sux

Windsor, CA

#1 Aug 19, 2008
Next time..Parking lot and cones. Hope the guy is ok.
Salina

San Francisco, CA

#2 Aug 20, 2008
We love you Ralph! We're praying for a miracle...God bless you...why is it the good people always gotta go...we're not ready for you to leave us....
RIP RALPH a tragedy

Newark, CA

#3 Aug 22, 2008
my friend worked with Ralph and had nothing but good things to say about him. He was a caring guy and this is a TRAGEDY. MY PRAYERS are with him and his family. I am in tears.. i cannot even say how devastated everyone that knew him is feeling.
agree with cones comment

Newark, CA

#4 Aug 22, 2008
WTH is a 15 year old girl doing behind the wheel of an suv. Grandpa or no grandpa, an innocent and sweet man has lost his LIFE. Because of this irresponsibility. This proves that an adult in the car cannot help the situation. I agree with the parking lot and cones comment. 15 yo should not be out trying to "learn to drive" on public streets or in suvs. Yes, you say it might have been an accident but it cost someone their life. What if it was me riding that bike, or you. What if. I just can't believe this.
That sux

Windsor, CA

#5 Aug 22, 2008
I wasn't trying to be insensitive about the situation. I'm sorry for that comment had I known how serious his injuries were. I just thought he suffered from a broken leg. The paper said it was serious but I don't remember it saying life threatening. I just learned he died. Poor kid. He died way to young in life. Anyways sorry for your lost.
Nan

Discovery Bay, CA

#6 Aug 24, 2008
Its very sad to hear that this young boy died, when this 15 yr old girl said she lost control of the SUV she must of been going pretty fast in order to do that. I think they need to change the law and not have them get their permit til there 17 and 19 or 20 for their license this is going to happen again I bet and what was the grandfather doing sleeping! not paying closed attention to his granddaughters driving.
i love yhu cuzzo RALPH

Stockton, CA

#7 Sep 5, 2008
UMMM I WANA SAY THANKS TO EVERYBODY THATS PRAYED WITH AND FOR OUR FAMILY. RALPH WAS MA BIG CUZIN AND I LOVED HIM DEARLY. I AGREE WIT THE CONES COMMENT TOO. CAUSE MY COUSIN DIDNT DESERVE IT.YES HIS INJURES WERE VERY BAD N READING SOME OF YOUR MESSAGES HAS HELPED ME COPE WITH GETTING OVER HIS PASSING. AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU..FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!
youre mature

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Nov 23, 2008
agree with cones comment wrote:
WTH is a 15 year old girl doing behind the wheel of an suv. Grandpa or no grandpa, an innocent and sweet man has lost his LIFE. Because of this irresponsibility. This proves that an adult in the car cannot help the situation. I agree with the parking lot and cones comment. 15 yo should not be out trying to "learn to drive" on public streets or in suvs. Yes, you say it might have been an accident but it cost someone their life. What if it was me riding that bike, or you. What if. I just can't believe this.
okayy i'm 18 and when I learned to drive i learned in a huge suburban and i drove on the streets that everyone else drives on. the kid was 15..you get your license at 16..how else are you supposed to learn to drive? in the air? even if you take driving courses, you drive on the roads, interstates, etc. this incident could have heppened whether the kid was driving an suv or a compact car. if you're dull enough to hit a person, the car doesnt have anything to do with it. you piss me off.
zaman

Islamabad, Pakistan

#9 Nov 26, 2008
please contact 03445150065
deniz

Kolkata, India

#10 Nov 1, 2012
how retarded are the authorities , the let a dumb fifteen year old girl drive ??? ISSUE OF DRIVING LICENCES SHOULD BE STRICTLY RESTRICTED ESPECIALLY FOR THE HEAVY AND LARGE SIZED SUVS AND SPORTS CARS, people not competent enough to drive NOT BE GETTING LICENSED ! simple as that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 106
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 105
News DUI checkpoint in Suisun City nets 29 arrests Aug 25 Latricia 2
News How Many People Receive Food Stamps In Danville... (Aug '13) Aug 20 ok. 13
churles savage Aug 12 slitzpatz 1
News Benicia police woes (Mar '09) Aug 12 Ember 265
News Justices strike down Contra Costa family court ... (Aug '07) Aug 11 Darice Dubrovich 75

Walnut Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Walnut Creek Mortgages