Massage parlors under scrutiny

Massage parlors under scrutiny

There are 11 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Aug 11, 2006, titled Massage parlors under scrutiny. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

Citing an increase in the number of complaints regarding 'unqualified persons' working as massage therapists in Antioch, city leaders on Tuesday agreed to place a moratorium on the opening of new massage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

macy

San Leandro, CA

#1 Aug 29, 2006
I think they should all be busted
Bri Guy

Pleasant Hill, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2008
I think they should all be given a public service medal. The work that they do is outstanding. God bless their king young souls.

Ps: anyone know a "good one" for me to visit
PROP187_IMLAW

Fremont, CA

#3 Feb 10, 2008
sherry stark. she's certified and seriously knows what she's doing. she fixed my ankel that i could hardly walk on after a long fall in portugal. the doctors found nothing wrong with it but she felt it the first time i limped in and walked out.she's in antioch, call 411. you won't regret it. tell her tom from oakley sent you.
Food for thought

Walnut Creek, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Regarding adult oriented "massage parlors," clean establishments that are not easily recognizable to innocents and which are not obtrusive to those who do NOT wish to patronize them are safer and tolerable alternatives to unsanitary, risky street work that is often commanded by thugs who use drugs as a leash.

Sure, some will claim that the business of cleaner establishments too is lead by thugs. I beg to differ. I can honestly say that even that is uncommon. Often it is willful and intended with large monetary gains in short order. Yes the contrary does exist.

HIV and Hepatitis C are blood born and easily spread by drug use by direct contact or the statistical tendency to marry drugs and risky behavior.

Hard drugs and street level prostitution are a far cry worse than clean, service oriented safer sex massage parlors that could have government screened workers (health and drugs), sanitary facilities and condoms, soaps and showers.

But for a city or state to allow such places marks that city for that and thus, the draw to the city changes. Therefore, tolerance for the ones that fly under the radar under present circumstances is acceptable to me.

It would be nice if screening was a factor though.

Again, clean, safer sex establishments with no drug influence and with screening for disease, drug use as contingencies of employment are possible for the protection of all who choose to engage in such activities. Then, you end up with notoriety. It's that places are tolerated.

The business will always exist in some form. It is the oldest profession. To expect that a society will simply not have prostitution is not realistic.

I know I would rather have those establishments in a clean, unobtrusive, inconspicuous presence in zoned areas than not. Street level prostitution with all the painful and scary elements of it are detestable and can largely reduced with lower tolerance for the drug and dirty influences of it.

If I walk with my own daughter down the street, I know I would prefer an inconspicuous establishment in the city than spent condoms in the gutter.

I know that if a nun walking down the street would not know what goes on in a "massage parlor" unless she entered it and even then, had to specifically indicate a service of choice, then that is not intrusive. Street level solicitation and "public" promotion are unsightly and unwanted intrusions for many.

They would also be distinctly differentiated from true massage only establishments. I'm sure strightforward masseuses would be happier not being asked if they "do more."
Antioch Guy

Oakland, CA

#5 Mar 17, 2008
You can't spread HIV by direct contact.

Don't go spreading misleading information.
Mr Jello

Deer Park, TX

#6 Mar 19, 2008
You said you cannot spread HIV by "direct contact. Dont go spreading misleading information."

I believe Food For Thought was referring to blood. As in in direct contact of blood to blood. Therefore, HIV and Hepatitis C may be exchanged.

I dont think Food for thought was suggesting that merely touching blood would transfer the virus.

Clearly Food for Thought was connecting bllod born pathogens and the spread of HIV and Hep C by that as in intravenously.

I dont think Food for thought was talking about smoking a joint.

Look up the common ways that HEP C is spread. You will then see the connection.

HIV is certainly not spread by indirect contact.
Antioch Resident

Pleasanton, CA

#7 May 20, 2008
I think the police should keep their noses out of the massage industry's regulations, unless they want to start regulating all businesses, and having entrance exams and quailfications for everyone who want to work in any field. They will be sued eventually for what they are doing to massage therapist and how they are becoming the watch dogs of who can and cannot become a legal practicing therapist. Antioch Police stop now before you push the envolope to far and it back fires.

A concerned citizen for equal rights under the law.
sex to sell

Oakley, CA

#8 May 20, 2008
Antioch massage parlor has friends in high places.
Seen this issue before and suspected,
now we know fo show...
It's a 'Quality of life" issue, that in it's self sends up flags.
They asked the county to let them incorporate a new power plant that won't pay our city a dime while it takes a half million gallons of our tap water a day then tells us it is a drought for us if we water our lawns...
They could care less if we can breath or have clean water to drink but when it comes to the quality of massage we get they go all parental on us.
Antioch is the most corrupt city in California.
Oh, Im sorry did the line about sex get your back up...
The city thought that too when making this an issue and thus a news item.
Change Agent

Palo Alto, CA

#9 May 24, 2008
This is just another diversion from the real problem facing Antioch - the housing situation. Let the little Ho's carry on - the city needs some form of business.
zzz

Saint Louis, MO

#10 May 30, 2008
test
Who me

Oakley, CA

#11 May 30, 2008
sex to sell wrote:
Antioch massage parlor has friends in high places.
Seen this issue before and suspected,
now we know fo show...
It's a 'Quality of life" issue, that in it's self sends up flags.
They asked the county to let them incorporate a new power plant that won't pay our city a dime while it takes a half million gallons of our tap water a day then tells us it is a drought for us if we water our lawns...
They could care less if we can breath or have clean water to drink but when it comes to the quality of massage we get they go all parental on us.
Antioch is the most corrupt city in California.
Oh, Im sorry did the line about sex get your back up...
The city thought that too when making this an issue and thus a news item.
If the police in Antioch really wanted to stop crime: Every gun they have would be pointed at City Hall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walnut Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Claycord Online Museum - Winchell's Donut H... (Sep '17) 11 hr A Thought 2
Great Service! May 24 Brett M 1
Facebook vs Twitter May 22 Really 171
If you hate the Trump's? Then try another (Feb '17) May 22 bubba bubz bubber 12
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... (Aug '17) May 22 Nate 219
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) May 22 Nate 498
News Cousins to stand trial in Monrovia teen's murder (Oct '09) May 18 Chacho 105

Walnut Creek Jobs

Personal Finance

Walnut Creek Mortgages