Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169883 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#87890 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
To say complex systems of life just arose out of chemical soup is what makes evolutionist stupid... Ignoring scientific laws to support their dogmatic views is the norm... No knowing the difference between a mutation and an all out change is something they cannot comprehend... Has any species ever been proven to change into something other than what is was? Nope...
That's of course Idiotic ... First Evolution states it's a Theory and the reason is that evidence is over a time frame longer than the Human species has existed... You can claim the theory ignores scientific laws but that does not make it so... Please provide the Scientific Law you think the Theory breaks and then maybe it can be explained why what you or some other creationist think is a scientific law it not such or how it is not understood in the first place...

We can consider the dinosaur... there is Massive Evidence that one or more lines are still here today and flying around all over the place... Enough Evidence that to most rational people it is considered proven... Rational people can see a Wolf and then a Chihuahua and figure out that such change in a fairly geologically short period of time would lead to something so differentiated in say a few short million years that they would be very difficult to link... Rational people understand that every year new viruses pop up as new species from mutations and can logically relate that to larger more complex organisms...

But with all the evidence, and there are Millions of individual pieces of such, the Irrational, Illogical folks will ignore all evidence in order to claim Magic as truth...
defender

United States

#87891 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Not a issue of T.O.E. in the slightest... T.O.E is an overall theory of Unification of Forces to present a interconnected line from the first particle in the Universe to All the Observed Universe and Life is but a blip along that line... You do know that there are Living Organisms thriving in the hot radioactive cooling waters of Nuclear Power Plants right... Living organisms thriving in battery acid in your car battery and sulfuric acid hot springs... There are living organisms thriving under the ice of the poles at 60 below... There are living organisms thriving inside rocks in Death Valley... There are living organisms thriving in the sky just below the Ozone layer... Many of which thrive on chemo or photo synthesis without need for any other living organisms.....

But Even if I were to follow your mind set, which I don't, then you are disputing Creationism as the story goes that life was formed from non living dirt and magically life was breathed into the mud ball....
To go with the evolutionist mind set which only accepts scientific proof is to say life spontaneously created itself... Oh wait a second... Science doesn't say that at all... That would require magic!! My bad just shut your eyes and chant "It was all just here!" over and over again... Yes life is everywhere and very dependent on a complex system that scientifically could not have just sprang from nothing... Much less evolved the way that is being presented ...

#87892 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
To go with the evolutionist mind set which only accepts scientific proof is to say life spontaneously created itself... Oh wait a second... Science doesn't say that at all... That would require magic!! My bad just shut your eyes and chant "It was all just here!" over and over again... Yes life is everywhere and very dependent on a complex system that scientifically could not have just sprang from nothing... Much less evolved the way that is being presented ...
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

All that reply is evidence of is that you have No Idea what a Proof is in science... Or have the slightest idea of how science works or the method there of... Another quote that fits is...

Scientifically complex life can spring forth from less complex forms, less complex forms can, given time, spring forth from subsets of organic molecules, subset organic molecules can spring up from individual simpler molecules, simpler molecules can spring up from individual interactions of complex atoms, complex atoms can spring up from less complex atoms, less complex atoms can spring up from interactions of individual particles and em waves, individual particles and EM wave can be converted from Energy.... And vice versa....
defender

United States

#87893 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's of course Idiotic ... First Evolution states it's a Theory and the reason is that evidence is over a time frame longer than the Human species has existed... You can claim the theory ignores scientific laws but that does not make it so... Please provide the Scientific Law you think the Theory breaks and then maybe it can be explained why what you or some other creationist think is a scientific law it not such or how it is not understood in the first place...

We can consider the dinosaur... there is Massive Evidence that one or more lines are still here today and flying around all over the place... Enough Evidence that to most rational people it is considered proven... Rational people can see a Wolf and then a Chihuahua and figure out that such change in a fairly geologically short period of time would lead to something so differentiated in say a few short million years that they would be very difficult to link... Rational people understand that every year new viruses pop up as new species from mutations and can logically relate that to larger more complex organisms...

But with all the evidence, and there are Millions of individual pieces of such, the Irrational, Illogical folks will ignore all evidence in order to claim Magic as truth...
Rational people would look at the evidence... Not wild speculation... If evolution held true and our ancestors were indeed apes then us humans have not evolved for the better... What intelligence told our feet to evolve the way they have?... Why did we loose hair and depend on animal fur to survive?... For that matter why should we even need to eat?... By now shouldn't we all be green and soak all we need from the sun?... Lol... What intellect told animals to develop wings?... How many millions of years did these land dwelling creatures have to carry those stubs on their sides before taking off?... I'd love to see one of those fossils...
defender

United States

#87894 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

All that reply is evidence of is that you have No Idea what a Proof is in science... Or have the slightest idea of how science works or the method there of... Another quote that fits is...

Scientifically complex life can spring forth from less complex forms, less complex forms can, given time, spring forth from subsets of organic molecules, subset organic molecules can spring up from individual simpler molecules, simpler molecules can spring up from individual interactions of complex atoms, complex atoms can spring up from less complex atoms, less complex atoms can spring up from interactions of individual particles and em waves, individual particles and EM wave can be converted from Energy.... And vice versa....
Talk about hogwash... You should have ran for office!!
defender

United States

#87895 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

At what point do these organic molecules form intelligence to mutate for the benefit of survival?.... Why do they reproduce in the first place Einstein?... Reproduction is a system that requires a pre design... What magic told the spontaneous first cell to reproduce?... Why would it need to?...

#87896 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational people would look at the evidence... Not wild speculation... If evolution held true and our ancestors were indeed apes then us humans have not evolved for the better... What intelligence told our feet to evolve the way they have?... Why did we loose hair and depend on animal fur to survive?... For that matter why should we even need to eat?... By now shouldn't we all be green and soak all we need from the sun?... Lol... What intellect told animals to develop wings?... How many millions of years did these land dwelling creatures have to carry those stubs on their sides before taking off?... I'd love to see one of those fossils...
No Intelligence told any thing to do anything.... If you want to see some of those fossils thats easy.. Go to any of the larger Natural History Museums... Several of the Raptors were feathered, hand little stub arms with the same bone structure as a turkey or hawk... Had hollow bones, and lungs like todays birds... And some of those in that line never developed flight... Just short stubby wings that can't produce flight... Take time to actually Study and you might find that Chickens have a tail and separate bones in the wings when they are embryos... as they develop the tail is absorbed and the wing bones fuse... The Embryo of a raptor, which we have hundreds of in the egg, looks almost identical to a chicken embryo except the raptor has teeth... And now we know that if we turn on 1 gene in a chicken it will grow teeth....

Sounds like you have no idea what evidence we have these days and are getting your info from creationist sources and never actually studying or even taking the time to examine the massive evidence human kind has amassed..

Now as for Man I do think our time lines are wrong for the last 20 to 30 thousand years or so and have major problems with most archaeologist as many have fallen to belief and dogma instead of simple relying on evidence but that's a different issue of scale than general evolution....

#87897 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point do these organic molecules form intelligence to mutate for the benefit of survival?.... Why do they reproduce in the first place Einstein?... Reproduction is a system that requires a pre design... What magic told the spontaneous first cell to reproduce?... Why would it need to?...
As we can see from this conversation Intelligence is subjective... No intelligence is required for those organo molecules to mutate... They Form naturally and we have formed them by reproducing conditions of the early earth... The individual amino acids and other complex molecules are found through out the universe... We find them in free space, inside asteroids, as long as they are not exposed to assorted radiations they can remain intact for billions of years... raining down on earth for the last 4 billion years... Today 1000's of metric tons of material rain down on earth every year... Including complex organic molecules..

Did you know our sun is a 3rd generation sun? It formed, lived it's life, blew up, the gases and material reformed due to gravity, reignited, lived it's life, blew up and is now 4 billion years old in it's 3rd regeneration.... We know this from what it made of and how those materials can be formed in a super nova explosion..

#87898 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think the first cell was where reproduction happened? Crystals reproduce, Viruses reproduce, as for the mechanisms I have my own view and that is the interconnect nature of a quantum universe with interaction of physical particles with inertial mass that produce EM waves causing self assembly of ever more complex forms through em hetrodyning and em wave phase locking and repelling... But that just me...

As for Einstein thanx for the compliment but I tend to view him as a theoretical physicist where as I have always worked as an engineer so I am more along the Leonardo DaVinci line of thinking.....
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87899 Oct 1, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great. The fishing will be good and lots of camel dung. Woohoo!
Hahahaha!
Better than "Weeping, n gnashing of teeth"!
So... you don't like fish?
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87900 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't forget... And it might, flip it Enough times and it absolutely would land on it's edge and stay standing... Now for Big Numbers of Probable particle interactions that lead to Life consider the number of Particles in the Universe... A Single Hydrogen atom has at a minimum 2, but considering gluon's and quarks it's really much more, but we really can never know exactly.. So the number of particles in the Universe that can interact makes a trillion to the 10 trillionth power seem like a small number..... Then let those interactions occur over a minimum of 16 Billion years, But I think it's more like 50 billion years because most astrophysicists do not consider the velocity of c a variable... I do of course and would calculate a much slower expansion rate after the inflation period due to density of matter causing the early universe to expand at a much slower rate, increasing it's rate of expansion as it expands....
That's a great hypothosis n all, but....
at the end of the day, are you not choking on a gnat whilst swallowing a cammel?
In other words...
Does it really matter?
God says He spread out the heavens like a cloth...
I'm sure c was/is not a constant, and neither was c14, or any other measuring tool we have, as it's only good for the 'second' we use it, and that is unreliable!
Instead of saying "God couldn't" try saying
"Could God... " Might be a good exorsize!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87901 Oct 1, 2012
Fighting Satan wrote:
I vote for God.
Amen!
You never have to be ashamed of making a "Right" decision!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87902 Oct 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>From YOUR bible ; Psalms 137:9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5
Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
Clearly Moses and God approves of rape of virgins.
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.(2 Kings 2:23-24
Kill Old Men and Young Women
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.(Jeremiah 51:20-26)
(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)
Clueless!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87903 Oct 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Freedom OF religion gives every one the right to be free FROM others religion.
My children have the right to be free FROM your christian cult and to be free from you pushing YOUR religion on to them.
It is your right to keep your children out of such a class...
That's one way for you to control them, and keep them from knowing the truth!
I feel sorry for your children though!

#87904 Oct 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's a great hypothosis n all, but....
at the end of the day, are you not choking on a gnat whilst swallowing a cammel?
In other words...
Does it really matter?
God says He spread out the heavens like a cloth...
I'm sure c was/is not a constant, and neither was c14, or any other measuring tool we have, as it's only good for the 'second' we use it, and that is unreliable!
Instead of saying "God couldn't" try saying
"Could God... " Might be a good exorsize!
C14 is but one method of dating, and it's never used as a single point data for dating... There are dozens of cross methods to set dates each having methods to verification of the results...

I have never said God Couldn't I have only said that in the Universe we observe the is not one shred of evidence of a Biblically defined God... And not one shred of evidence that a Biblically defined God is needed to explain all we observe...

Using your logic I could say "Flying Unicorns the poop glitter could....." I could say "Could Elfs....", Could Fairies or an assortment of magical, mystical make believe beings could have...
whatever

United States

#87905 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Send me some money and I'll be glad to draw you up plans to take you off the grid... I'll put you together a parts list with transfer switch gear, inverters and all the stuff to make you Green as a Pine tree... Just drop 4 grand in my paypal account and give me a week or so and I'll set ya right up... [email protected] on paypal ... I'll wait...
Now I'm interested. Not for politics or global warming I just enjoy living that way. Are you off grid?
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#87906 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And for each Human Cell in the body there are from 2 to 10 Individual Plants & Animals in that body... So Since there are more bugs in the human body than Human Cells in the human body, and the Human body would die with hours without all those animals living in it means They are in Charge of You....
Amazing!
God knew exactly what it'd take to make a human!
LOL
I wonder if those micro organisims were in the dust of the earth?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87907 Oct 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing!
God knew exactly what it'd take to make a human!
LOL
I wonder if those micro organisims were in the dust of the earth?
Dude stop using meth already! Your poor brain is fried
Creation

Richmond, KY

#87908 Oct 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
C14 is but one method of dating, and it's never used as a single point data for dating... There are dozens of cross methods to set dates each having methods to verification of the results...
I have never said God Couldn't I have only said that in the Universe we observe the is not one shred of evidence of a Biblically defined God... And not one shred of evidence that a Biblically defined God is needed to explain all we observe...
Using your logic I could say "Flying Unicorns the poop glitter could....." I could say "Could Elfs....", Could Fairies or an assortment of magical, mystical make believe beings could have...
Wow your so smart...can you please tell me how something comes from nothing via the Big Bang theory? I am sure that you have a very daft explanation.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#87909 Oct 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>To say complex systems of life just arose out of chemical soup is what makes evolutionist stupid... Ignoring scientific laws to support their dogmatic views is the norm... No knowing the difference between a mutation and an all out change is something they cannot comprehend... Has any species ever been proven to change into something other than what is was? Nope...
Your failure to understand reality doesn't change reality.

Why are Creationists so willing to denounce normal science yet utterly unable to present reasonable alternate theories?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallins Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taco Bell (Apr '17) 2 hr Family 40
Tina (Miller) middleton (Sep '11) 8 hr BillysGotGruff 9
harlan dollar bid site 8 hr Know them 7
cherly robbison ( bones) 21 hr mike mcnabb 21
My mom and camper that burned down 22 hr Iknowyou 2
Jamela Turner/Gross (Jan '14) Thu curious 15
Who is Danny Haley Thu guest 4

Wallins Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance