Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,206)

Showing posts 84,101 - 84,120 of122,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

DONT KNOW wrote:
I dont know the subject and dont feel like reading all the stuff above
But Jesus is LORD of all
Acts 2:38
Amen!
That's all ya gotta know!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

trusted wrote:
Just wandering did anyone else , live by the bible and the belt growing up? You know like the song. I know I did , and if you were like me you feared both. One could cause you pain, one could cause you faith , but both would help lead you where you needed to be in life. We lived by the bible and learned by the belt,(if you were lucky enough to get the belt, most of the time we got throne switches or willows.)
Here is the lyrics to one great song
P.s. I am ready for the hate...
They were both made of leather, both black and frayed and worn.
I was brought up to respect them since the day that I was born.
One came here from England; it's been handed down for years.
The other one was ordered from a catalog at Sears.
One my mamma read to me till I was well into my teens.
I thought all the other one was for was to hold up daddy's jeans.
Till I told a lie and learned it had another purpose too.
Out behind the she'd my daddy said, "This'll hurt me more than you."
Cause one had my daddy's name on it, the other said King James.
With love they taught us lessons but we feared them both the same.
One led us to heaven and the other left a welt (hurt like hell)
Those were the days when kids were raised with a bible and a belt.
I remember when I was twelve I stole a dime store comic book.
How Mamma read where the scriptures said to take back what I took.
When I refused my daddy grabbed my arm and said,'Come on'
I needed more, he knew, than just Matthew, Mark and Luke and John.
Well sometimes they made me cry, sometimes they made me fightin' mad
And I wished I'd been raised without them like some other children had
But now I'm grown with kids of my own and I know just how they felt
You know it seems to me what the world still needs is a bible and a belt.
Cause one had my daddy's name on it, the other said King James.
With love they taught us lessons but we feared them both the same.
One led us to heaven and the other hurt like hell
Those were the days when kids were raised with a bible and a belt.
A bible and a belt.
Great post!
:-)
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent Design is the most plausible scientific explanation for life."
ID is a scientific explanation, lol.
"The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed."

http://www.intelligentdesign.org/whatisid.php
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Like any other type of person, there are different types of atheists. Some are more aggressive than others.
Atheism is simply not believing in a god. That is it, nothing else.
Regarding your remarks against science, you should first understand what you are criticizing. There is such thing as a "method of cause and effect". And Intelligent Design requires a supernatural component, which is why it is unscientific.
Yes, but the Big Bang without a known cause would have to be deemed supernatural as well. An unintelligent cause of life is supernatural.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but the Big Bang without a known cause would have to be deemed supernatural as well. An unintelligent cause of life is supernatural.
Why? Because you say so?
Just because you can't concieve of something, doesn't make it impossible, or even improbable.
It only means you haven't opened your mind to the possibilities.

You stop with "I don't understand it so goddidit."
Try thinking "I don't understand it but I'm going to keep learning."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Deemed what by whom? I think you've been watching Ghost Hunter marathons a little too much.
Definitions of natural, supernatural, artificial, etc. are human things. Isn't it interesting that divine inspiration results in no new real information?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
"The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed."
Ok, so god of the gaps is scientific, not.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because you say so?
Just because you can't concieve of something, doesn't make it impossible, or even improbable.
That sums up ID, we are not sure how that happened so "goddidit" the god of the gaps system.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>"The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed."

Define CSI. Where is it used in science?
Creation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because you say so?
Well by all means, educate me on the causation of the Big Bang. And while you are at it explain how life on earth so improbable actually came about. I took the liberty of doing some of the research for you.

"What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study. They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance.

NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert. Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”

Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”

every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible. If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.

He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”

It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies."

Good luck Atheist..
curious

Piketon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Always faithful, the marines use it.
Thanks for the reply.
my brother was a marine. he is the suspcet of Mom's death 6 yrs ago. She was Dad caretaker who has dementia and mentally impaired. I tried to get guardianship of Dad in the probate courts but they denied me and left the nonworking, credit junkie bum with Dad in his house and has been abuseing and exploiting Dad however the "system" makes money leaving it this way. Few weeks ago he was fianlly arrested. Everything thing I said was true and the goverment knew it and went along with the suspect, abuser. Hope these links open for you.

Click here to view "JAMES Police Rpts Arrest, Abuse & Exploitation". or

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pji0jao3gckpu8q/G0...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Well by all means, educate me on the causation of the Big Bang. And while you are at it explain how life on earth so improbable actually came about. I took the liberty of doing some of the research for you.
"What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study. They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance.
NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert. Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”
Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”
every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible. If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.
He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”
It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies."
Good luck Atheist..
That Absolutely Wrong.... If you flip a penny 10 Billion times the odds of it being heads on the next flip is 50/50... Where every you came up with the idea that the more you flip it the less the odds of it landing Heads is blatantly ridiculous and is Not how Probability works... A better explanation using your Penny is throw Enough of them up in the air... Probability is that one of them will land on it's edge...

But in the formation of Life theres even a Kicker in the mix and that is Self Assembly of ever more complex grouping of particles... And the Unknown aspect of what constitutes Life in the first place...

Harold Morowitz is a Creationist that Never even stated what you said... His construct was based on taking a living organism and disassembling it then attempting to calculate the probability of it self assembling into it's original form .. An Idiotic Endeavor...

As for Life to form first Scientifically define Life... Good Luck with that one because so far it has yet to be done... There have been a few Creationist folks that have set out what they think constitutes life but their overviews fail.. You see we are Life as we know it, A virus is Life as we know it, a bacterium living in the radioactive coolant at a nuke power plant is life as we know it, But We only know whats Here that we have Chosen to call Life... We have No Idea what could be called Alive out in the Universe... We can't even be sure if we came face to face with Life out in the Universe we would even be able to recognize it... Much like a Mite would never consider US alive...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply.
my brother was a marine. he is the suspcet of Mom's death 6 yrs ago. She was Dad caretaker who has dementia and mentally impaired. I tried to get guardianship of Dad in the probate courts but they denied me and left the nonworking, credit junkie bum with Dad in his house and has been abuseing and exploiting Dad however the "system" makes money leaving it this way. Few weeks ago he was fianlly arrested. Everything thing I said was true and the goverment knew it and went along with the suspect, abuser. Hope these links open for you.
Click here to view "JAMES Police Rpts Arrest, Abuse & Exploitation". or
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pji0jao3gckpu8q/G0...
Seems your brother has inherited your dads genes, the mentally impaired gene for sure. Good luck.
curious

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems your brother has inherited your dads genes, the mentally impaired gene for sure. Good luck.
Thanks
I truly think I am more angered at the system who was supposed to stop this and what we pay taxes for. However It appears we pay taxes to get abused...

As the Lawless America movie rolls across the country being filmed I thought I would post the first released trailer for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
I truly think I am more angered at the system who was supposed to stop this and what we pay taxes for. However It appears we pay taxes to get abused...
As the Lawless America movie rolls across the country being filmed I thought I would post the first released trailer for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Just like religion, corrupt goverment will always be around. No matter the system power changes people, religion, goverment, management in companies, etc, it will never change.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck Atheist..
Great post!
They just don't want to get it!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
You do realize his post was idiotic right?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
I mean really... Flip a coin and the more you flip it the odds change... Really... That's Imbecilic on it's face.... or Heads ...
LOL

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Heads or Tails is a 50/50 thing, every single time you toss it.
Good grief.
Creation

North Webster, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Actually if you read the post closely, you will see that it states the more you flip the coin, greater are the odds of it coming up heads "every time." Now read and comprehend. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,101 - 84,120 of122,665
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wallins Creek Discussions

Search the Wallins Creek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min S C A 138,540
prostitutes 10 min Daddy Said 15
I Hate Harlan County 14 min hardman 53
who will be next jailer? vote here. (Oct '13) 19 min LoL the 2nd 207
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 41 min Monsenor Fidel Tubino 16,066
over 400 pounds 1 hr THE TRUTH 53
2 lenarue rouges in jail 1 hr Neighbor 2
•••
•••
•••
Wallins Creek Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wallins Creek Jobs

•••
•••