DNA clears man of murder, rape after 20 years in jail

Aug 20, 2009 Read more: www.wtnh.com 22

Kenneth Ireland spent 21 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit. Today he was back in a New Haven court where prosecutors dropped all charges against him. .

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#1 Aug 20, 2009
19 when he went to prison an innocent man. I guess it could be worse, he might have had to fight the oil war and lost his life like so many other kids.
Al Sharpton

Medford, NY

#2 Aug 20, 2009
I got away with it!!!!!

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#3 Aug 20, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
19 when he went to prison an innocent man. I guess it could be worse, he might have had to fight the oil war and lost his life like so many other kids.
He could have also received the death penalty and been executed before he was cleared.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#4 Aug 20, 2009
Jeez. How do you begin to build a new life on the outside after 20 years? I think the justice system owes him some training or education at the very least so he can get a good job.
steve

San Diego, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
The year was 1989 so it was still the end of the cold war Bill Clinton was not in office yet.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Kempton, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2009
I think after 20 years in jail unfairly the resulting rage would drive him to go out and actually murder someone this time.

#7 Aug 20, 2009
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have also received the death penalty and been executed before he was cleared.
Absolutely, itís not like itís never happened.

#8 Aug 20, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I think after 20 years in jail unfairly the resulting rage would drive him to go out and actually murder someone this time.
If so hopefully a disney kid.

#9 Aug 20, 2009
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
The year was 1989 so it was still the end of the cold war Bill Clinton was not in office yet.
Uhmm, OK? I guess.

Since: Aug 09

Holly Hill, SC

#10 Aug 20, 2009
Now this man has a good excuse to party his ass off !

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Kempton, PA

#11 Aug 20, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>If so hopefully a disney kid.
I don't quite follow your post in this case. Are the Disney kids Jewish? Or are you under the impression they are?

Shalom!

“Yo ho and a bottle of rum...”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 20, 2009
We're sorry Mr. Ireland for any innconvience we may have caused you g-day to you now bye bye..
Jason Lee

Mount Prospect, IL

#13 Aug 20, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
And think of all the car accidents and failed marriages he's also missed!

Not to mention the years he might have wasted toiling away at a high tech start up getting paid only in stock options that became worthless when the company collapsed!

Man, he should THANK the state for falsely convicting him and keeping him safely on the side lines all these years!
The REAL Deal

Huntington, WV

#15 Aug 20, 2009
I betthe pigs set him up....again. Why do the pigs have to fake evidence? Why must they refuse to do thier job?

#17 Aug 21, 2009
Jason Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the years he might have wasted toiling away at a high tech start up getting paid only in stock options that became worthless when the company collapsed!
Man, he should THANK the state for falsely convicting him and keeping him safely on the side lines all these years!
Wow, maybe you guys should have traded places. Are you any better now?
Jason Lee

Mount Prospect, IL

#18 Aug 21, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, maybe you guys should have traded places. Are you any better now?
Not really.

Now I'm lamenting about all the reading I could have gotten done if only I had had the privilege of being in jail for the last 20 years.

Since: Aug 09

Holly Hill, SC

#19 Aug 21, 2009
Jason Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! That's a unique way of looking at it !
DILF

Medford, NY

#20 Aug 21, 2009
Jason Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
Now I'm lamenting about all the reading I could have gotten done if only I had had the privilege of being in jail for the last 20 years.
You forgot the biggest one of all!!!
He was lucky enough to NOT be accused of other murders, rapes, and atrocities due to the fact that he was incarcerated. He should thank the state emphatically!
Contracarl

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Aug 21, 2009
I hope the state pays for his therapy as well as his cash settlement. For 20 years he had to deal with prison counselors who didn't believe him, had to watch his back against being assaulted, or even worse was himself a victim of sexual assault while incarcerated. Male-on-male rape is common in prison, especially against jailed sex offenders (which is what he was labeled as).(I hope some of the people who made some of the stupid comments keep that in mind. It takes the fun out of being smarmy, eh?). He received no job training since he had a life sentence. I hope he recieves a very large settlement to make up for that at the expense of CT taxpayers and goes somewhere sunny for a while.
steve

San Diego, CA

#22 Aug 23, 2009
Contracarl wrote:
I hope the state pays for his therapy as well as his cash settlement. For 20 years he had to deal with prison counselors who didn't believe him, had to watch his back against being assaulted, or even worse was himself a victim of sexual assault while incarcerated. Male-on-male rape is common in prison, especially against jailed sex offenders (which is what he was labeled as).(I hope some of the people who made some of the stupid comments keep that in mind. It takes the fun out of being smarmy, eh?). He received no job training since he had a life sentence. I hope he recieves a very large settlement to make up for that at the expense of CT taxpayers and goes somewhere sunny for a while.
The story illustrates that in the USA you are guilty unless you prove your Innocent beyond a reasonable doubt, the over zealous DA's and the court system are always showing they are hard on crime and I believe a number of innocent people are sent to prison just to salsify that.

Bastards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Altaquip (Nov '09) Apr 11 bac2thebasics 7
Looking for local honey! Apr 9 Mesa 1
Oil in meriden Apr 6 Daniel 1
News MySpace In Sex Assault Probe (Feb '06) Apr 1 spen 424
News Teacher accused of abuse (Dec '08) Oct '14 Elise Gingerich 107
Charity Event (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anonymous 1
News The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Sep '14 Strayer 89
More from around the web

Wallingford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]