John Raccio

Bloomfield, CT

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Brought my Home-lite backpack leaf blower in for warranted service. Purchase the unit in August 08 and it never ran right from the day we took it out of the box. It was difficult to start, would not run without leaving the choke partially on and would never come up to full rpm's. In addition to that it would stall constantly. We checked to see who did warranted service locally and we found Altaquip listed. I brought the unit in for repair service on 11/9/09 and received a call on 11/10/09 saying the unit was repaired and ready to pickup. I couldn't believe it would be ready so soon. I went to pick it up at Altaquip and was told they replaced a defective carburetor. I took it home started it up and it ran perfectly, like it should have when we originally took it out of the box. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend Altaquip as a reliable service center for power equipment.
J Hogan

Durham, NC

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Altaquip repaired a self propelled mower of mine that was on a warranty and created more problems after repairing the original condition. They wouldn't recognize the warranty and provided terrible feedback about the broken gas tank that they caused. They assumed no responsibility for the leaking gas tank that they caused. This warranty thru Lowe's Retailer was basically worthless. Troybilt did however authorize replacement parts for the original problem.
Fred Stutzenberger

Clemson, SC

#3 Nov 14, 2012
I bought a Troy-bilt push mower/bagger from Lowe's on 04/02/2011.It had a two-year warranty. I used it only for a total of 6.5 operating hours, since I had two other mowers (a Murphy and a Sears) that I had for 37 years. They are both still running fine. Troy-bilt has quit. I called the company (which is now owned by MTD). They gave me the names of 6 "authorized" local repair shops. Of the six, one operator has died years ago, two others went out of business, one only works on what they sell and two others want their money up front. So I took it back to Lowe's. After keeping the mower for 3 weeks, Lowe's wants $115 to repair the mower still under the two-year warranty. I talked to another Troy-bilt buyer. Same thing happened to him, only his was a $2700 riding mower that Lowe's is charging him $240 for repairs even though it ran only 30 operating hours before it broke down.I talked to a local repair shop who used to do Troy-bilt warranty work. They now refuse warranty work because Troy-bilt would not honor warranty and would not reimburse them for labor and parts.
I went on line and found 216 complaints about Lowe's and their Troy-bilt products. One caption said it best: "Lowe's Troy-bilt Junk". Amen to that!
altaquip employee

United States

#4 Dec 3, 2013
Sorry to all the customers of this company. The reason that it takes so long is due to them only having one or maybe 2 locations per state meaning you drop off at lowes it may take a week for a truck to transport to altaquip. Then it sits in a warehouse with maybe 5 to 10 technitions and at times over a thousand units waiting for repair. Management pushes quotas so hard that employees do hack repairs just to keep there (uph) units per hour up to the qouta.. they keep a very inadequite supply of replacement parts and have a very poor and outdated inventory and ordering system in use. I have even scene a customer approve a repair and then when i would ask for the parts was told that upper management had to approve the parts order which can take a week even thow said customer allready authorized the purchase. Long story short it is over corporized company and all they care about is money. If you want good quality repairs at a reasonable cost keep your money local find a small engine shop in your own town these smaller shops dont have quotas and have half the volume which equals good repairs do to no rushing of the technitions. Your average repair at a local shop with parts will be well under $100 bucks. And you get it back within a couple days i would rather pay then wait cause your grass wont stop growing while you wait a month or more to get your equipment back.
Bob Good

Trenton, NJ

#5 Dec 23, 2013
I remember altaquip because i use to work there. They only had one bathroom and very rough toilet paper. I like to spend time in the bathroom smelling the seats and trying to guess who the last one to use the toilet was. Thats all i have to say about that.
altaquip employee

Dearborn Heights, MI

#6 Apr 17, 2014
do not apply for a Job at altaquip, management lies to employees. I worked their for 3 years and was laid off for no good reason. they do searches through careerbuilder.com . None of the employees that I knew even applied here. It is a joke.
bac2thebasics

Plainfield, IL

#7 Apr 11, 2015
altaquip employee wrote:
do not apply for a Job at altaquip, management lies to employees. I worked their for 3 years and was laid off for no good reason. they do searches through careerbuilder.com . None of the employees that I knew even applied here. It is a joke.
Altaquip has changed dramatically. The techs that work there now are fully capable of taking on the ruff tasks at hand. I'm sure there was a good reason that you were laid off. Don't be a disgruntled employee notnow that you've left the company. If it was as bad as you say, why stay for 3 years? Ijs...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wallingford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheshire's 90th District Race Aug 27 raypalermo 1
90th State Rep - Fishbein vs. Reynolds (Walling... Aug 27 raypalermo 1
attorney needed to collect from attorney Robert... (Jul '09) Aug 26 operation gladio 2
News Cheshire Official In Scuffle After DUI Arrest (Mar '10) Aug 11 Motley77 52
Review: CT Krav Maga & MMA Aug 10 kenial 5
Sign for Weedfest Aug 5 Lulu 3
Greatest deals in town! Jul '16 OutletbyCO 1

Wallingford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wallingford Mortgages